Newcastle Senior Players In Huge Argument With LLambias

It would appear the situation at Newcastle is starting to look every much like it did immediately after Kevin Keegan left over two years ago, but this time around the senior players at the club are not keeping quiet about things.

Derek LLambias – huge row with Newcastle senior players

A demonstration is being planned before the Liverpool game to protest Mike Ashley’s continued ownership at the club, given his rash decision to sack Chris Hughton last Monday, and then appoint Alan Pardew yesterday.

In what was called a clear the air meeting Derek Llambias, who amazingly shunned the press conference with Alan Pardew yesterday – is he scared to explain things to the press – had an angry meeting with the Newcastle senior players, who included captain Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton.

That confrontation has been reported to have turned into a loud shouting match between the players and the Managing Director – who has been a disaster at Newcastle United, after he replaced the amiable and likeable Chris Mort in May of 2008.

Alan Pardew had talks immediately afterwards with the club captain, Kevin Nolan, to try to calm things down, and it’s interesting that yesterday, Kevin Nolan had been pinpointed as being the key man, as Newcastle captain, to show some leadership to the rest of the playing squad.

But it would appear that Kevin seems more upset with things than anybody.

And yes, we know, the owner has made another two huge mistakes – once again – and turned the fans even more against him than they already were.

But last night’s news hardly gives anybody a warm feeling that all is OK right now within the Newcastle playing squad, and we know it definitely isn’t OK with the fans.

Apart from that everything is great.

If Alan Pardew cannot get the squad calmed down and together tomorrow,  Newcastle could well be taken to the cleaners by Liverpool on Saturday, who will obviously see the mess at Newcastle as a great opportunity to get another 3 points, and climb the league further at the Magpies’  expense.

Pardew said this yesterday:

“It is obvious the players and the fans had a great amount of respect for Chris Hughton, and the fact he has gone has caused a stir.”

“People are upset about it and the problem I’ve got initially is with the players and making sure I get my message across with clarity and quickly.”

“I hope they don’t carry any resentment towards me. I’ve contacted Kevin Nolan,and I will be speaking to all the players tomorrow  – Friday. It’s been quite difficult.”

“I can’t think of a player in the group that I’ve managed before, so I’m going to be something of a mystery to them. I have to make sure the players understand I’m a fair manager.”

“It’s a tough challenge. I need to make sure there isn’t a massive impact on the team. Obviously this week there has been an impact on them, and that is not good for any group of players. “

“It’s important I bring some stability back to the dressing room and calm their fears.”

Alan Pardew is due to hold a team meeting tomorrow, and that should be very interesting, and he will then conduct the training session following that meeting. What was that about Alan having some trepidation when he was driving up to Newcastle about taking on this job?

We can only hope that calmer heads prevail today, and prevail quickly, but if things don’t calm down we can kiss 3 points against Liverpool goodbye,  and the Liverpool club must be thinking it’s already Christmas with the Tyneside club again seemingly in a state of complete and utter disarray.

If the players don’t  bother to turn up on Saturday, or even have their minds elsewhere, then Newcastle will lose the game, maybe even heavily,  and it will then be only 2 points out of a possible 18 points in our last 6 games – which is not good.

Alan had these final words last night about the player confrontation with Llambias:

“It is not something I want and I certainly hope it doesn’t last too long. But if there is a protest for Chris in terms of a nice protest and fans wanting to show him their support then I don’t have a problem with that. That is their right.”

“But I hope that anything like that is over with quickly and they start supporting their team. I hope the protest is channeled into supporting the team. It is not about me after all, it is about the club.”

“And we are going to need a lot of help to get past Liverpool who have just hit a bit of form.”

If the Newcastle players are going to have a mini uprising against Pardew tomorrow – and we hope that doesn’t happen – that’s going to be bad news for our chances of getting anything out of the game tomorrow.

What a mess the club seems to be in once again and when will this stuff ever end?

As we said,  we have to hope that calmer heads prevail quickly, but we don’t see many of those around at the moment.

Comments are welcome.

• davybtoon

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM

the players are understandbly upset but they must remain proffessional throughout this

• CT

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM

oh, bugga, last thing we needed. hope it`s just clear the air and xchange of opinions

• Chris F

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:05 AM

um, Ed, sorry but that last quote from Pardew was about fan protests, nowt to do with the players, mate….

• g300

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:07 AM

players are showing a bit of loyalty to ch fair play

• CT

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:13 AM

ED!! thinking about it, who the hell would know if Kev and LLambas had a shouting session?
    ED: you are gonna have to start Qualifying your statements because once credibility is lost???
    Like the blog,but questionable lately.

• StaffsToon

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:28 AM

The only non-transient element to any club is the fans, everything else changes.

In time Ashley will be gone, thankfully, as will Pardew and the current crop of players.

We need to support the team and hope for the best with everything else.

How important NUFC are to you is a personal thing and will no doubt score very highly with people who bother to post their views on blogs, but, remember, this is not life-or-death – it is football.

What the watching world would love is for us to fall apart and once again get relegated, don’t make that easier to come to fruition.

C’mon the Toon, 3 points against the Scousers would be lovely and feck Mike Ashley, he will be heading back Sooth in time.

• mattnufc

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Where did this info come from?

• NUFCmagpie

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM

i hope the players do settle down, the last thing we need is another loss

• furrygiblets

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Was this made up off the top of your head?

Where are the quotes?

• baro

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:08 AM

LOL! This came out of nowhere!

Fat sh!t Lambias

PS. Ed you spelled Lambias wrong in the picture description. You spelled LLambias.

This is what it should be Lambsh!t!

• baro

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

There should be a chant out there for Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias……..

Here it go….

Oh Mike Ashley,
    Lambias up ur a55!
    Ur both doma$$es.

• baro

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Well seems like ur site gets popular and popular! Its not just Newcastle fans and couple of gay mackems it GOAL.COM!

• Sav

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Well there has been very little made of the fact Llambias didn’t bother to back up his new man at the Press Conference.
    This is typical of the cowardly, disrespectful regime we have at present.

I am sure the senior players will pull together and give a good account of themselves on Saturday as Hoots urged them to do. But they will know Llambias at first hand, while we know him only by his results – like the slime-trail a slug leaves. If he attempted a ‘clear the air’ it is little wonder it ended in a shouting match. Lucky it wasn’t worse for him. He is a charmless, thoughtless, boorish janitor for Ashley – and I doubt even Mike would disagree with that.

• Toonmania

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:06 AM

ED,
    Has it really come to this that you are getting your stories from GOAL.COM!! I ask you that has got to be of the worst sources of information ever (except the daily mail) anyway we will see later today if this is true, i’m expecting to see some training pics on NUFC.com, they might tell a few stories
    Still like the site though Ed less sensational stories would be ok 🙂

• Paul P

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:36 AM

I am not surprised, nor would I be surprised if a lot of the players want to be transfer listed in protest and to be quite frank, I do not blame them. The club is a laughing stock and I am sick to death of it. If we were run like a proper football club, with a proper owner, chairman instead of cashley and feeking penfold llambias, it would not have come down to this. The fans will make it known tomorrow that pardew is not the man we want and also ashley is a fat tosser. I am still furious about everything. As a club we are worse now than ever before.

• Seabass

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Transfer requests from the entire squad? Now that would be something…

• clarkeey

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:41 AM

get behind the team boys

• Oleg G

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I don’t care if it is true as info, but if this didn’t happen, this just shows that players these days also don’t have any back bone.

People (the players) should have dignity, and self respect. We think about them as the players of our beloved team, but they are much more.

They had a relationship of trust and respect with Chris, that build it self up during this time with him as a manager and even for some, when he was still a coach.

If anyone here ever played for a team, you would now, that when you have someone on the team (player, manager, coach or anybody else) that you are in good relationship with, you want that person to stay – there are a bunch or reasons why.

If it is a manager in a professional and big team – if the manager is a good friend and mentor, then it is even more important for the team that he will stay.

This what Hoots was. And I am sure they are all upset and angry and frustrated that they are not given the time to prove themselves as a team with that manager. They are tired of changes, people need stability, not only fans but players too.

Mike took a member of the family out of the house, of course the family feels bad about it – specially when that person was only bringing good.

Again, I am not saying that Hoots was the perfect manager (he was a manager for less then 2 years) – but I don’t think that his replacement is better, same ambitions, less good of a record, players need to get used to him, a mess in the club between the fans and the owner. So how is this better then before?

Mike – you suck!

• balubas1

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I’ll be gutted if Barton leaves us…

He has been the driving force in our team this season.

Pardew can’t allow our best players to leave.

The ones that CAN NOT leave under any circumstances are:

-Enrique
    -Barton
    -Carroll
    -Tiote

There are of course other players that I desperately want to stay, but these 4 are the framework of good football in Newcastle atm.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:08 AM

‘Nobody wants him here and he knows it. The whole thing stinks’ – from the independent. I couldn’t have put it better.

If as Pardew says we are one of the top 5 clubs in the country, how the hell has he got the gig ?

Also think these gambling debts need to have a panorama style investigation. The independent are right, it really stinks.

Yes CH made some poor signings, didn’t have a plan B and played long ball, but if he was going, he should have been replaced with at least someone with a winning, footballing pedigree, not a failed member of gamblers anonymous !

• balubas1

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Rotondta:

Spot on mate. The appointment of Pardew stinks! We were all hoping for a bigger name that could really fire up both players and fans.

What do you thing about the fans who will boycott NUFC now? There are many… For my own sake, I will not join them. I am firmly behind the players. The only thing that could make me think twice is if one of the 4 players I mention above gets sold off..

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Baro i think that needs a bit of work mate. 9 year old school playground chants may not do it I’m afraid

• balubas1

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I must add also:

Like I said, the Pardew appointment stinks!

But to be fair and real, Pardew is not to blame for the situation…. Mike Ashley and his advisors are the villains here.

Therefore Pardew must be offered a chance to prove himself. Thats just how it is..

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Balubas 1

Pardew has been compliant in all this. Where every other right thinking decent human being has given it a wide berth, he walked right in. He postured himself for the job turning up to Ashley’s and llambias’ casino and he has a gambling debts to pay off to them allegedly.

• balubas1

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Rotonda

wow… not to defend him in any way, but it sounds very much like something made up???

But hey… it could also be true.. I’m just a big fan of proof..

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I understand about get behind the team, but after 49 years something drastic has to be done, otherwise we are stuck with this guy forever.

Protests don’t work. Look at the students, they still put tuition fees up any way.

A boycott on the other hand drives a message home very forcibly. An empty stadium would send alarm bells ringing very quickly, no doubt about it. Ashley is only motivated by money. Hit him where it hurts. It doesn’t have to be long term. Maybe just one game would be enough.

It won’t happen though and nothing will change and we’ll just keep moaning about it.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Too much of a coincidence me thinks !

• G

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I don’t know if this story is true or not, but for all of the people saying the players should be professional about this, I say the players are human too, and entitled to thier opinions. If they can go straight to the root to vent thier frustrations, then why not. I would.

• albert27

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM

we should never be in this position…talking about getting stuffed by liverpool….we should never have sacked CH…why ?????????????

if we get stuffed then we’re looking at a long winter….bec Brum and M city will also beat us

• rwpoynter

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hm. This happened to a certain B.Clough at Leeds United, didn’t it? Only lasted 40 days I seem to remember.

• hitman

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM

we have to get these clowns out of this club no matter what,this time we need to go all the way,short term pain long term gain.

ASHLEY OUT

• Jamesthefirst

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Let’s be very clear…this was NOT a football decision.

Ashley and Padrew go way back and have been seen many a time at Llambias’s casino until the small hours.

He has put Padrew on a massive contract to help his friend out financially. Because Ashley is selling the club in 2011 and knows the new owners will have to pay Padrew millions to end his contract and get rid of him.

Jobs for the boys. Nothing to do with football. The three of them will laugh about it when they are next at the Casino.

I have followed Newcastle through thick and thin, but I will not watch another game until the ‘Casino Three’ are gone.

• Daniel Abela (Malta)

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I think that the whole situation just blew out of proportion becuase of bad PR from the club.

The way chris was sacked and the statement released was disrespectful.

But,lets all face it and admit it…2 wins out of nine at home it’s a relegation form, we cant always depend on away results to pick up points.

If any other manager would have had that record we would be calling for the sack, but us supporters had a special relationship with chris, and rightly so….an honourable and sincere person.

It is a results business, and after 2 days of settling and getting used to the idea of being without CH, I think it was the right thing to do….the way it was done was wrong.

I have to admit I was impressed with the press conference of Alan Pardew, the way he handled the press was quite impressive, he spoke the truth, and seems to be a tough negotiator(he managed to get that contract from a tight chairman)…..lets face that it is not his fault, he should not be blamed for anything….we need to back him and the players. I think our home form will improve, maybe not from tomorrow, but will gradually improve.

Please Ed do not make up any stories, you feed the rival scavengers to make a story out of nothing.

LETS BACK ALAN PARDEW!!!!

AND MOST IMPROTANTLY NO PROTESTS DURING THE MATCH!!!! ( I agree with protest after the match)

WE NEED TO FOCUS!!!

• thepict

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Can we please give the manager a chance?

• kentonmags

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:40 AM

HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES
    HE’LL BRAKE LAMIAS’S JAW
    ANDY CARROLL ANDY CARROLL

• Cockney Magpie

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I think its now time to get behind the manager. They know we are not happy with what they did to Chris but if we dont wanna see our boys relegated again we have to get behind them and support Alan Pardew whether we like it or not… Anybody who says they were happy when Hughton was given the job is a liar, and because we gave him a chance and supported he and the team produced and made us proud. Now lets do the same with Pardew. HOWAY THE LADS!!! NUFC 2-0 LFC

• leedodd

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM

The Main Thing is we don’t get Relagated – This is a Stupid thing Ashley has done but now we have to get behind the team to get results – We have to Put Major Major Effort in Now To Get The Club Sold and get Rid Of Ashley and Lambias. We need to Win The Liverpool Game for Chris Hughton Not anyone Else. Via This Blog Can we Raise the Money to get Ashley Out ?? Teamwork Lads !!!!!! Can We Do It YES WE CAN!!!!!!!! NO QUESTION.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Daniel

Personally it’s not so much for me CH leaving as a ttimes he appeared to be tactically limited and made poor signings and the football was very one dimensional.

It’s that a a potential top 5 club, we haven’t appointed any winners since SBR. Allardyce, Kinnear and Pardew shouldn’t be anywhere near a club of this stature.

• hadthetshirt

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM

All the talk about backing the manager is Just what Ashley wanted and knew would happen.He thinks we are sheep,he also thinks our bark is worse than our bite.
    I cant see how not going to the game is going to hurt him because he already has our money.I would love to see him go like 99% would but the only way that will happen is if someone buys us out.I read on a forum that if you click on his adds. on google it costs him 2p per hit,if we all hammer that it will soon add up.Then pray we get new buyers in soon.
    The management are nothing but a bunch of spineless bleep bleeps.Fancy leaving the puppet to pull his own strings at the press conference.
    It’s a Bad day at black rock

• Oleg G

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Some of the people here are absolutly low on self asteam and pride of their team.

How can you fold like this? like snails. what is wrong with you people?

Daniel Abela (Malta)
    thepict
    Cockney Magpie

Lets give him a chance? what about us? can we get a chance, as fans? as a football club? why do we give chances to everybody when no one is willing to give us anything? Specially our own “owner” of the club?
    Fu## this! enough with backing. If he doesn’t make it to the top 6, he is nothing, because anywhere from 7 to 17 position hoots was as good if not better.

I don’t think that mike will leave even if the fans will go wild (make mess, don’t show up to games, stop buying from him etc) – i think he is in a war against the fans already. His ego is playing a role. and as long as he doesn’t need to spend money on this anymore – he will stay, just for the fan of it – of doing bad things to the club.

On the other hand – Rotonda heights
    so true! This Perdun (a “Fart guy” in russian), knew everything and other people turned down the position, he came in.

PERDUN ! go home!!!