Pardew So Unlike Hughton – You Don’t Say

Alan Pardew is quite smooth and charismatic too, and he is not at all like Chris Hughton – but we knew that already.

Alan Pardew – different character than Hughton – of course he is

Alan is a better communicator than Chris ever was, that was obvious yesterday, when he gave decent answers to lots of difficult questions, which he really should not had had to answer.

But it looks like Derek LLambias is a not exactly a courageous guy, and he didn’t come out and answer the question about why exactly Chris Hughton had been dismissed in the first place.

Again Mike Ashley and Derek LLambias showed yesterday  they have no class – no class at all – and they left their new manager to take all the heat.

They may have lots of money but they are hopeless in terms of trying to run a club – just hopeless – did I make that clear?

Alan talked about how he sees himself as contrasted to Chris’  low profile style:

“I am just not the same sort of character as Chris,” “I wouldn’t say I am more confident, but I just have a manner that can sometimes upset people.”

“I have upset players in the past. I am sure Chris has too.”  “But I will probably do it in a different way.” “That is the only point I am trying to make.”

“I don’t want to make a big deal of it. I am not really here to compare myself and Chris because that is unfair on me, if I am honest.”

One surprise about what Pardew said yesterday is that he may bring in a player or two in January, although there will not be much money available, but he has a knack of spotting some good players, and bringing them in for peanuts – maybe that’s why he got the job.

But one thing Alan will need to do quickly is to assess the squad he already has, which has done fantastic in about half of our games this season, and not very good in the other ones.

This is what Alan said about the January transfer window:

“All I would say about January is that I really need to know what I have got at the club,”

“There have been some great performances here. I need to assess what we have in particular in the Premier League – this is sometimes a dividing line between losing and drawing – is the substitutes bench.”

“Who have you got to come off the bench and make an impact? I will be looking at that very closely. With that window just around the corner I will be concentrating on that.”

It would surprise us if Alan does bring in a couple of good players in January, if some are available, but he’ll not have much money to spend of course.

Tomorrow is a very important game, a water-shed game if you like, and if we get hammered there will be immediate bad memories of what happened 27 months ago after Kevin left the club.

We went the next 6 league games with just 2 points, and if that happen this time around. then  Alan will not last long at the club and we’ll be in big trouble – make that very big trouble.

But we are hoping for the the best and we are hoping for a win tomorrow – but we don’t expect one.

• ginkoh

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Lovely words is nothing. I will wait to see how worth of him against Liverpool.

• macn0ble (Finland)

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I was pretty convinced about the answers he gave yesterday to what some might say nasty questions and I think he won couple of points with them.

Although he was not our favourite, we have to give the guy a chance. And with that chance I mean more then the first 2 games. Our program isn’t actually doing any favours for Pards. Or what do you guys say?

* Sat 11 17:30 H Liverpool PREM
    * Sat 18 15:00 A Birmingham PREM
    * Sun 26 15:00 H Manchester City PREM
    * Tue 28 15:00 A Tottenham PREM

If we get more then 3 points from those three games, I will be positively surprised.

• geoff777

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM

His CV has loser written all over it.
    WHU worst losing streak in 70 years …
    Charlton took them down and even with the parachute payment advantage couldn’t get promoted in fact they were near the bottom when he was sacked.

Has he ever played in Europe or managed a team in Europe?

So if we do qualify for Europe at some time in his five and a half years.
    Someone will have to hold his hand at Newcastle Airport and show him where the checking in desks are.

God help us …

• ArtyH

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Again we have to put up with being the laughing stock of football, but with clowns in charge what do you expect!
    We can only just get on with it. Its not Pardew’s fault for taking the job, he was out of work and took the first thing that came along, who can blame him. Its Ashley’s fault for sacking Chris and not replacing him with big name. Personally I do not think Chris was a great manager for the EPL and should have been replaced at the start of the season and given some good grace. If that had happened we could have accepted the situation and it would have been seen as a better move by the management. But, this shower of shite seem to plummet new depths of ineptitude every year, just as we think everything is going O.K.
    So its back to the drawing board and hope for the best.
    A draw against the bin divers would be a great result I think, but obviously hoping for a win.
    Howay the lads.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I dont agree with it and I dont agree with Ashley.

BUT we need to give the guy a chance, and we need to get behind the 11 men on the pitch.

If we are against him and the lads then non of us stand a chance.

Like AP said yesterday:

• geoff777

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM

When our players go off for international duty … Pardew doesn’t have a clue what International duty means … the only time he’s been abroad is on holiday.

He’s a piss-poor championship manager.

This is going to end in tears unless he gets lucky really fast.

• roy cropper

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:54 AM

NUFC_Richyg01 // Dec 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Like AP said yesterday:

“Fans should remember I [Pardew] did not sack Chris [Hughton] and this situation was not my [Pardew’s] doing”……

your a snide of the highest order.

• bkeena00

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM

When the club got shot of Sir Bobby some years back, I almost tourned my back on the Toon for good. But I said I could stomach it. It could not happen again.
    Fat Mick can stick my season ticket up somewhere very uncomfortable. Why do we get stuck with owners like this. We had a good up and coming manager who had done an incredible job. Now we have an “experienced” failure of a manager.
    I’m outta here. I really can’t take anymore of this nonsense! Once again we are the laughing stock of the league and unfortunately Ashleys lack of brains and class reflects on us as a group.
    My club feels like a wife, who sleeps around and laughs about it in the pub in front of your face. We keep taking her back, but at the end of the day she is just a no good b*tch!
    So long NUFC. It’s been fun! I’ll be back when we get a new owner. ANYONE!

• darthkir

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM

One word – boycott.

Short term pain for a long term gain.

• stuart no9

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:29 PM

roy cropper ‘
    exactly, he knew what he was doing A DECENT MAN would have said ” you still have a manager when hes gone gis a ring and lets have a chat” but backstabbing a fellow manager( bearing in mind the stress these guyes go through) to get his job is a BIG NO NO ( snide) NUFC R @ 5 he did not sack him , but ill put my mortgage on the fact he was in cahoots with c…y bo….s

• bluecat

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hughton, a decent man.
    Pardew? Try Googling

• geoff777

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM

If we finish any lower than 12th in the table (where we are when Pardew took over) then the whole process of sacking a respected manager who was learning fast and had the long-term backing of a majority of fans will have been utterly pointless.

Has Pardew managed a team that were higher than 12th in the Prem?

Where on this guy’s CV is there even the smallest hint that he is capable on successfully managing a top-five club.

I can’t see it.

Stevenage away and the unwashed away could be key games in Pardew’s illustrious Toon career …

Is that more than 40 days (ala Clough?) Clough was 1,000,000 times better mind.

Hope Joey gets in a few tackles like Norman Hunter.

I continue to be astounded by this appointment.

Why rock the boat? 12th was okay with a promise of better to come with HBA and Gosling.
    Then they add insult to injury by employing a new captain who’s history of being a ship-wrecker is all that is on his CV?

Even the biggest Toon optimist must be worried.

• hktoonfan

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM

get behind him 50% to survive
    get over him 0% to survive
    wt will u choose?

• NUFC_Richyg01

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM

@ hktoonfan // Dec 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM

What you mean mate??

• bluecat

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Cut off somehow – try this link for some Soton views on sacking Pards:

• Davies

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Cahoots you say? Plotting Hughton’s removal, you say?

Hey Mike!! We’re good mates aren’t we? Fire your manager and I’ll have a go at it on the cheap?

Shut up you fu**ing idiots.

If a better job than yours was going, would you turn it down because you liked the bloke that was going to get fired anyway? No you bloody wouldn’t.

I’m hugely underwhelmed by Pardew’s appointment, but I doubt very much whether he conspired with Ashley to remove Hughton. He may well have discussed the position, but that’s all he could do.

And to all you crystal ball gazers and psychics, freely claiming Pardew will relegate us, please show me the end of season figures where it shows Hughton would have kept us up. Would he really? I don’t know. I had hoped so, but now we won’t find out, so stop fu**ing moaning about it.

I liked the bloke and I wanted him to have a full season in charge, but that wasn’t to be, so move on and stop acting like we’ve just replaced Mourinho with Jossy.

What is most likely to relegate us is player unrest and fan unrest, and each perpetuates the other, so pack it in and do what SUPPORTers are suppose to do.

Here’s what some of our new manager’s former players have to say about him. Make of it what you will:

• shearermania

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM

you are all pathetic….you call yourself fans and you are slating your team and their new manager, like hughton was another keegan and the best manager we ever had…hughton is decent and respectful man that did a tremendious job and didnt deserve to get sacked – but thats life..get over it…give Pardew a chance or go support sunderland and being just as unwashed inbred imbeciles…….fans never stop supporting their team – quitting is not an option…..

• stuart no9

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM

lets see pervy pardy, trying to give joey,s girl friend , one lol lol

• roy cropper

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Davies // Dec 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Cahoots you say? Plotting Hughton’s removal, you say?

Shut up you fu**ing idiots….

• Davies

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Hey, Roy Cropper!

“no alan you didn’t – but your were plotting against him for the last couple of months with – fatman & robin – so you could take his job.”

Really? How the f**k would you know?

“some fu**ing idiots are typing stuff that’s probably not far from the truth & they dont even know it.”

Brilliant. How long did you spend banging your fists and forehead against your keyboard to come up with that little gem?

Shut up, you fu**ing idiot.

• roy cropper

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM

hey, davies!

why would i be doing that then ???

please explain, you f**ing idiot.

• Lynxie

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM

roy cropper:

take your meds, go back to your padded room you deluded paranoid f**king idiot. Its halfwits like you that they trawl out in front of the cameras at SJP every time there is a crisis. And the whole world laughs at us all. F**king idiot.

• Lynxie

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM

“The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don’t go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.”

…..the words of someone we have every right to trust. Kevin Keegan.
    Now I am not one for conjecture, but what if Keegan and Pardew are really good mates, and Keegan had been spotted at a football match somewhere, and the manager got the sack, and the ground and club were big and impressive, what with the financial implications….. can you see where this is going Geoff777 ha ha ha ha ?

• roy cropper

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM

lyne keep an eye oot for’is on sat afta the mach – al be oot side shearrrarrrrrrs wiff davies.

yer f**ked up loser.

• Lynxie

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:35 PM

…If you take out three letters, and add three more, Alan Pardew’s name can actually be changed (in a scrabble stylee) to ‘Mike Ashleys secret cockney love child’. Mind you need to have a good imagination. And it isnt even spelt properly, coz theres not enough letters, but you get my drift.