I’ve Only Experienced Newcastle Atmosphere In FA Cup Final

Alan Pardew experienced the passion that is Newcastle United yesterday,  in his first game at St. James’ Park, and he seems to have been blown away by the crowd and the atmosphere they created.

Pardew explaining situation to star Andy Carroll yesterday

And the 500,000 crowd yesterday turned up even after the Newcastle fans had one of their worst weeks for a long time, when their popular and talented manager Chris Hughton was sacked by the clueless owner, Mike Ashley.

But it seems that Chris has already been linked with Sheffield United, as former Newcastle star Gary Speed has left the Blades to manage Wales, and West Ham may be close to sacking Avram Grant after a bad 3-1 defeat to Man City, and the Hammers are said to also be interested in Hughton.

And Roy Keane may be in danger of his job after Ipswich, after they were again beaten, this time  1-0 at Preston.

The Newcastle players were magnificent yesterday and managed to come away with the 3-1 win, but it was the guts and fighting spirit of the Newcastle players that won them the game, with two goals in the last 20 minutes, and that included a stunner from fast improving Andy Carroll in injury time.

This is what a delighted Alan Pardew said after the game:

“It was something special. I’m very happy. To score three goals against Liverpool, who are very well drilled and don’t give you much room to play, was excellent,”

“We were effective and always looked like we had goals in us which is very pleasing. I must admit I was getting a little bit nervous towards the end, but I was a lot more relieved when that third went in!”

“The crowd is absolutely everything. They reacted with disappointment to the events of this – losing Chris of course. That is understandable, Chris is a gentlemen and did a very good job here.”

“But ultimately they support the club and the shirt – not any individual or player – and they showed that.”  “The noise level was something I’ve only experienced in Cup finals, to be honest.”

“I struggled to make myself heard – I’m going to need some sign language I think!”

And owner Mike Ashley was seen with his daughter and MD Derek LLambias quite often by the TV coverage during the game, and he went crazy when Newcastle scored their second and third goals, and it would appear the harsh (it is worse than that) criticism of him by the Newcastle fans, is like water off a duck’s back.

Pardew said he spoke briefly to Mike Ashley after the game:

“I popped up to see him. He was happy with the result because it’s probably not been his best week,”

“But the win was really about the players. They showed their spirit and unity out there, along with the staff.”

And Kevin Nolan after the game said that Derek LLambias had met with the playing staff, and explained the decision to sack Hughton, and  Nolan said he shook hands with Derek after the meeting.

Kevin said he thought Derek did the right thing by personally trying to explain the decision to the players – and Kevin said the players will now put the events of last week  behind them, although they were really upset by what happened last Monday. Weren’t we all.

Credit for the performance yesterday goes 100%  to the players, and they dedicated it to Chris Hughton, and Alan seemed to have very little to do with it – which in the circumstances was understandable.

But Alan now has a full week to do some training with the lads, and prepare them for the next game, and of course Williamson and Coloccini will again be available.

Next step is to beat Birmingham next weekend at St. Andrews.

• alkinou

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

“500,000 crowd “

• archaeomag

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM

“500,000”
    NUFC are a big club!

• CT

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

All those moaners on here who advocate staying away(probably the same ones who don`t/ can`t go to the games and never been inside ST JAMES) well yesterday proved what the real fans think, 50,000 +(not half a mill ED that`s pushing a bit) agains approx 1200 protesting idiots who the majority didn`t even have a ticket b`cos they all left when the game started.
    The atmosphere was brill and the team responded. Nolan/Barton/Carrol/Tiote outstanding. Ranger also caused havoc when he came on but sadly Sol is finished.
    This result had little to do with Pards which he admitted, it was the players. Pards so far conducted himself with humility and repect and I like him for that.
    Ignore the relegation seeking idiots to teach MA a lesson for they Know not what they say!!! HWTL!!

• MarGera332

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Was a great result, and puts us 3 points closer to that magic 40!! I have to say that AP has handled himself very well this week, and i really hope that we can keep pushing forward. A couple of good singing in January, and i think we will be fine this season.

On a side note, my gut feeling it that CH will be West Ham manager before the season ends.

• Momo

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM

We’ve uprgraded to a 500,000 seater stadium 😐 Now I must visit St James again as it must look completely different after yesterday! On the plus side even though 500,000 would be nice, absolutely great performance (with the exception of Sol) and if Pards can keep this team spirit up, I would be glad with a mid-table finish or even higher if i want to push it a bit 🙂

• Toon1978

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Perdew trying his best to get the supporters on his sided lol. Bless him he is trying haha.

• Toon XI

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

• Turkish Magpie

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM

For Birmingham would love to see…

———————————Krul———————-

—Simpson———-Colo——-STaylor—-Enrique

–Routledge————Nolan—–Tiote—–Barton

————————-Ranger—Carroll————–

• Captain Beefheart

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM

The players should be ashamed of themseleves for the rotten performace against WBA, on top of very poor home showings against Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan.

Instead of 1 point from those 4 games we should have had 10 points, putting us on 31 points, a point off top and Hoots would have been unsackable.

No cause for celebration I can see.

• FaroeToon

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I hope that both Colo and Wills will be back in the center of defence for the Birmingham match. Zigic is a towering striker and Wills is the only one matching him in height

• leedodd

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Maybe he can Call Special K and get Some Advice ??

• leedodd

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Gawd can You Imagine on Jan 5th & West Ham have have got a New manager after Sacking Avran Grant and His First Game is at St James !!!!! Chris Hughton !!!! and we get Beaten 2-1 !!!!

• moonraker

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Pardew will improve the performances where Hughton was unable to, by changing things during games and selecting the team to suit the opponents strengths. He said in interview after the game “there were things he didn’t like” and he will change them for sure.

For me one low point of Hughton’s tenure was his team selection against W. Brom, where he should have played a stronger midfield and they murdered us!

I also think Pards will change things on the left where Jonas keeps losing possession in tight situations. He should tell Jonas to be more selective when he tries to beat his opponent and go for the simple pass. Not rocket science, but Jonas has been doing it a lot and Hughton wasn’t able to sort it.

Forget about relegation! with this squad and players still to come in we should be thinking top six!!! 🙂

• CT

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Beefy, you are right but don`t forget Bolton, players didn`t turn up.
    moonraker, been saying for weeks now Jonas got no left foot and plays too close to Jose, needs to stay wide and get down the wing when Jose got the ball, sometimes there`s no options.

• baz65

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM

@CT I fully agree with your first comment. I was at the match yesterday and I travelled up from East Yorkshire. Although I was gutted with what Ashley did I support the team not ashley and will contine to do so. The demo was a joke. It was mainly kids who and as you said they had no tickets . What I found most interesting at the match was the way Pardew directed the gameplan and made the subs when we most needed them. As I said I was gutted for Chris but although he was a good guy he was not the best at changing the game. I just hope Pardew can get the defence sorted and it will be interesting if if plays Taylor now that he has supposed to have rejected the new contract offer (source Sunday Sun)
    I will be at Birmingham so lets hope for another good performance

• Brutooon

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM

This show that we got two bad news in a week but we geordies will always support the team.

The even the fat mike cashley can stop our spirit!

Howay Da Lads