Pardew Message To Fans – We Will Try To Beat Birmingham

The Newcastle side should always be playing attractive and open football, and that is one reason Newcastle dispensed with the services of one of their former managers, Sam Allardyce.

Pardew – going for win at Birmingham – what else?

There will be  3,000 fans that will make the trip to Birmingham on Saturday to support the lads in trying to get two Premier League wins in a row.

And Alan has come out today and told those traveling fans that the lads will be going all out for the win on Saturday afternoon.

Alan will know exactly what the Newcastle fans want to see, so it’s hardly surprising that  the manager will try to play attacking football to win on Saturday  – and hopefully in almost every game.

None of this lets’ defend well with 8 players, break up the other side’s rhythm,  and hope for a 0-0 draw.

This is what Alan Pardew said today:

“I know that they will go down and try to make more noise than the majority of Birmingham fans.” “My message to them is whatever tactical changes we make for this away game, we will try to win.”

“I just hope they can see that I’m a serious professional manager and working hard, that’s all I can do at the moment.” “I’m working as hard as I can and hopefully the results will come as well.”

Pardew probably still cannot believe his luck at now being manager of one of the most passionately supported side in the world of football.

But it’s the biggest chance of his career, and the biggest job he will ever have in football – so we hope he makes the very best of it.

Alan continued:

“I said when I arrived it is one of the biggest clubs in the country and a fantastic stage.” “The supporters here have a real passion. And there is so much excitement behind the whole thing.”

“People talk about exciting Newcastle teams of the past and it is generated from the fans to urge you on. It is very much part of the season for us.” “The lads are in good spirits and we are looking forward to Birmingham.” “It is never easy going to St Andrews.”

“They are a resilient side and they’re strong, it is always a competitive game on the physical side,  so we need to make sure we’re strong enough. And then hopefully our quality comes through.”

It’s going to be an interesting game on Saturday and of course we want the win, that’s the number one goal, but we will also be looking to see if  there are any obvious changes Alan will make in the way Newcastle play the game.

The game is again being televised live around the world – of course.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM

to Pardew- A message from NUFC fans from Malaysian.

Don’t try but do. And you will have our respect and sing. And please stay for a long term if you success. I will believe in you as long as you do a good job like CH.

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Televised? Which channel?

• GeordieGerman

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Magpietillidie22

UK TV: none

Overseas TV:
    AD Sports HD
    Fox Soccer Plus
    Sky Calcio 3 + HD
    Sky Super Calcio + HD
    SportKlub (Slovenia)
    SportKlub (Serbia)
    Sport.TV Liga Inglesa (delay)
    Sportsnet
    Tring Shqip (Sport 2)
    TV2 PL 2 (Nor) + HD
    Viasat Sport (Swe)
    Viasat Xtra PL 2

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Ah, I though he meant it would be live on sky or espn.

This game will be a bigger test of Pardew than Liverpool tbh because its the teams lower in the table, smaller clubs, that we are struggling against.

If we beat Birmingham Pardew will be going a long way in convincing me

• slazberger

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM

reading his quotes i would guess he will be putting 5 in midfield and one upfront.

• NUFCMarshy

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Message to Pardew from one of the fans attending the match :-

“That would be nice – but less ‘try’ more ‘going to'”

xD

• Nicky Papavasiliou

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I’m going to the game on Saturday – hoping for a win like the one at Everton! It’s going to be a tough game though.

I’d be happy to start just Carroll up front, then utilise Ranger after half-time. He just seems so fired up when we bring him on.

Ranger last goal 1-2 Newcastle

• Burni

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Slaz… Aye, I was thinking that. it reads like “please dont hate me when I change the formation from 4-4-2”

• slazberger

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM

i don’t really have a problem with us playing 4-5-1 as we have a goal threat in the middle from nolan and pace on the wings with jonas and possibly routledge combine that with barton and tiote pulling the stings behind them and the big man up front it isn’t as negative a formation as it has been for us in other seasons.

i’m hoping we boss the game and win by a couple of goals 3 – 1 but would settle with the odd goal obviously 2 -1’s a good shout Nicky Papavasiliou but i would go for carroll and nolan.

• carrollsinger

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Krul
    Simpson Taylor colo bull
    Barton tiote Nolan guti
    Ranger carrol (god)

• henock1989

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM

we will loss

• geordieforeva

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:29 AM

I think this will be Pardew’s first real game as manger of our club… time to make some changes to the side too… my lineup.

Krul
    Simpson Taylor Willo Enrique
    Barton Nolan Tiote Guttierez (no choice)
    Carroll Love

I hope Steven Taylor has one of more (farewell) game left in him coz Colo is making mistakes every game

Ranger to sub Love in the 2nd half coz doesnt look like ranger has 90 mins of prem. league football in him yet… but hes an awesome impact player (just wishing he scores for his confidence)

Guttierez need a kick to get him going… else Rout to come on 2nd half (at least Rout’s trying to prove himself)