Latest NUST Survey Already Flawed

I received an email this morning which included the latest survey from the Newcastle United Supporters Trust.

And I filled it out like a loyal Newcastle supporter, but then went to fill it out again, and found  what I had half expected.

The survey is already flawed, because any one person can fill out the survey as many times as they want.

So it will be interesting to see what results the NUST come up with this time – but they will mean absolutely nothing until they allow only one vote from each fan.

The NUST had a poll earlier in the year, and their results were just not believable – and of course they were not.

So we would ask why the NUST does not send out surveys and polls that allow each supporter to have just one vote.

Technology is available to do that – and that’s what our polls always do – so we get a valid view of that the fans really think.

As it stands with the NUST survey, any one person with a strong view, can fill out the form as many times as they want and skew the results

That doesn’t seem right somehow, and certainly doesn’t get a valid view of what the Newcastle fans think.

• Robby Bobson

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM

A trust with a few thousand fans try to represent the newcastle fans of supporters who usually got the hump with something..at a club where they get 52,000 a week plus, the people who dont make it to games.

A group that work of anger, they were pretty dam quite for a year until hughton got sacked, then they’ve reared there head again, when they think they can get a knee jerk survey reaction to hughtons sacking for their own benefit.

No time for them. There statements have always been pathetic and im pretty sure they once published something saying ashley takes millions out the club a year, which clearly isnt true.

Im not an ashley fan, but this lot annoy me.

• Robby Bobson

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM

My first paragraph above should say….

A trust with a few thousand fans who joined because they got the hump about something try to represent the newcastle fans of supporters…….

• stevep

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Ed – you can vote as many times as you want in your polls as well
    just clear your cache, use a proxy or renew your ip address – if people want to cheat on these things to skew results they will, how do you think the western govts get stuff passed in the senate / house of commons etc

• stevep

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM

we dont get 52000 a week more like 46000 these days – you ever been to the north, recession has hit hard up here mate

• Solaidback

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I think what Robby Bobson is saying is that they think they represent the majority of Toon fans but they don’t, plus I think you’ll find there are way more than 46000 Toon fans in Newcastle, it’s only 46000 that turn up for matches but way more actually support the team.. 🙂

• slazberger

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM

anyone know how many members the trust has?

• Robby Bobson

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM

There was hardy an empty seat for the liverpool game…but that still doesnt change my point.

Solaidback said it really.

• ToonSnowman

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I agree with Stevep.
    Sorry Ed but your polls have loop holes as well, such as using a different PC for example, I usually vote at home and at work 😀
    For an ex IBM employee you appear naive to IT issues 😛
    There are very few ways that surveys can be done without loop holes in them when having them on open sites.
    Putting the tech issues to one side I still wouldn’t trust what NUST comes out with anyway.
    They will always skew their results in their favour.

I would like to see how many NUST members are out there as well, and I mean paying members, the ones who were asked to “donate” a large chunk of their cash to allow people with no experince of running a large multi-million pound company to buy the club.

TBH I though these people had given up and crawled back under their rock.

It is a good idea in the world of fantasy, but it is doomed to fail as they simply have no idea how to run a large organisation like a premier league club.
    Sorry lads but I would rather have Ashley, at least he knows how to run the business end of it and if he gets it wrong he is throwing his own money away and not a few thousand of my hard earned

• Thump

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM

The problem with Ed’s polls is that it’s written by somebody else, installed as a widget and as a result it’s difficult to actually edit it without rewriting or adding a new command. (and people who do that, tend not to use WordPress widgets!)

With NUST, they shouldn’t be using some Fantastico! install rubbish if they’re hoping to be taken seriously. With surveys, they’re easily edited and a simple block of javascript that creates and saves a cookie can prevent somebody taking it more than once.

I wouldn’t waste my time even looking at the survey. NUST are a bunch of pisstakers.