Pardew Not Happy With Nile Ranger Application

It seems that Alan Pardew is not 100% happy with what he’s seen from Nile Ranger in training, since he’s been on Tyneside.

Nile Ranger – more effort needed in training?

Alan Pardew now has had time to assess the Newcastle squad over the last two weeks, and he has come out and talked about several of Newcastle’s players.

Yesterday he was singing the praises of Joey Barton, and said that Joey had opinions on every aspect of the game of football, but that didn’t bother Alan one little bit.

But today he has come out and talked about one of our young potential future stars in Nile Ranger, and said he still has a lot to do in both his game and in his preparation in training – if he ever wants to become the real deal.

This is what Alan said today about Nile today:

“I had heard about Nile prior to coming here and knew he was a talent,”

“But I still think he has a lot to do to be a regular starter here. He was going to start at Birmingham because I thought the impetus he gave us against Liverpool would carry over. But that doesn’t mean to say he’s going to play against City.”

“At the moment, he’s probably still at the stage of being an impact player to a degree. When I see a bit more of him in training, and see him on time and being disciplined, that’s when I’ll feel willing to put him in the first team.”

“He has potential, but he needs to get certain other things right to be a consistent performer. Anyone can play well in one game, it’s about being a consistently good player. “

Alan will have known all about Ranger when he took over as manager at Southampton, because basically the south coast club shipped him out – and Newcastle snapped him up two years ago last August.

It would appear that Alan is not altogether happy at Nile’s attitude to training, and it seems the important words from Alan above are “and see him on time and being disciplined”.

Alan doesn’t come out and say what that is specifically – but we do know he used to be late to training, but we thought he now arrives on time, but that may not be the case.

There are so many excellent processionals on Tyneside at the moment that we would hope Nile will learn from, about what it takes to become a top player, and may be some of our senior players can mentor the youngster.

But of course it’s got to come from the player himself ultimately,  so we have to hope that Nile shapes up and follows the wise words he will get from his new manager, who will not stand any tardiness or lack of effort in training.

It’s time to listen and learn Nile.

• Brutooon

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Hope he cam improve ranger potential, both inside and outside the pitch

• Milzzy Rascal

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Was Pardew even at Southampton when Nile was there Ed? I thought he’d been brought in before that happened?!! Anyway I’d still rather start with him because he offers more than Lovenkrands, Best and Xisco. With Shola injured give him a chance!

Happy Christmas to everyone on the blog! Have a good one!

• TheMags

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Wait and see, I rekon this boy will be special.

• alkinou

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I have liked Pardew comments until now but I think that’s the sort of thing he souldn’t say to the press and deal with behind close doors.

Now that it’s said of course I’ve got an opinion about it and I think that if the lad’s lucky enough to have more talent than others in the team, he should at least be on time. If he doesn’t care, he doesn’t deserve a starting place. That’s how I see it even though it pains me because I like him on the pitch

• Rotonda heights

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM

That’s a shame if it means shola, loven or best instead, wouldn’t mind seeing Xisco get another run out.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I think this is Pardew’s way of telling Man City not to worry, Ranger won’t be starting. But Ranger will start.

• veto

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM

it’s his timekeeping apparently ,
    if he wants treat like the big boys he’s got to start backing that up off the field , such a big talent be a shame if he doesn’t apply himself to the best of his abilities

• deeeeeeano

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Can’t understand how he’s always late, he only lives in Forrest hall. It’s a 5 minute walk ffs

• balubas1

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Pardew can’t say now if he will start. It’s in his job description to NOT tell who starts.

Because:

1) Do NOT reveal team for opposition to early
    2) Do NOT discourage other players competing for the spot

He will start. My guess;)

• balubas1

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Rotonda:

Agree with you on Xisco. He must have some talent in there. Enrique took a long time to get in to the game. I remember for some years ago when the Toon were booing Enrique…. little did they know og what lived in him 🙂

• balubas1

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Alkinou:

What could Pardew say different? He want’s Ranger to stay hungry.. I agree he could not say anything at all.. read my 9 post.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Ranger seemed to be coming along with Hughton. Let’s see if Pardew can continue that as we don’t have that many decent strike options. Why not play Xisco and Best regularly with the Reserves unless we are trying to off-load them and want to avoid injuries? Xisco looks far too happy and relaxed for a man who never plays. That is a bad sign. Ruined by too much money like Luque. All the best. Merry Christmas to all.