Carroll Not Worried By Transfer Speculation

It seems that Alan Pardew sat down with Andy Carroll on Christmas day, to see how Andy felt about all the transfer speculation surrounding  him.

Andy Carroll – only wants to play for Newcastle United

If Newcastle did make him available next month, then nearly all the top clubs would try to sign the lad, because he would be a bargain buy at even £20M – if only because his potential is so phenomenal.

It seems that Alan wanted to make sure that Andy did indeed want to stay with his local club, and this is what Alan said today:

“I spoke to him on Christmas Day about the speculation. He is fine with it.”

“He understands he has got a lot of learning to do and I think the most important thing is he wants to play for Newcastle.”

“I said to him: “I do not want to talk for you. We are talking together. It is important you want to stay and if you do, that is great news for us.”

“Because we will make sure he stays.”    “That was the case he put to me, and that is why I am so confident there will be no problem in January, and hopefully the summer, the January after that, the summer after that and so on!”

“I have been fortunate enough to manage some very good strikers. I will just be giving Andy Carroll titbits what I have learned  from them, stuff that I think works well for him.”

“He does a lot of things very very well. That is why he is such a target for other managers. What he does do well, he does very very well and if he can improve the other side to his game, link up play, movement, he is gong to be a top top player.”

Andy had another excellent game on Boxing Day,  and it seems even that the lad is inspired to wear the famous number 9 shirt of Newcastle, and of course we hear he is very very keen to learn all he can, and become a better player.

So far Andy has done very well with all the publicity he has revived as he has burst onto the scene in the Premier League, and as long a she keeps his feet on the ground and curbs his off-the-field antics, then he’ll do just fine – in fact he’ll do great!

And Carroll would be a big player this afternoon at White Hart Lane, when again the opposition will be firm favorites to beat Newcastle, but if the lads can cut out the daft mistakes we seem to keep making, Newcastle could get a point.

Alan continued:

“I don’t suppose Harry will be underestimating Andy Carroll in any shape or form,” “They’ll be working on stopping us, just as we’ll be working on stopping them.”

“But the most important thing is that we don’t get despondent about Sunday.”

“I don’t have to tell them that the first phase of the game cost them – they know that. So put that part of it right, don’t put the ball at risk as much as we do, and we’ll win games.”

Obviously after the disastrous start to the game we made on Boxing Day, then  the first 30 minutes tonight will be important,  but unfortunately it’s hardly a good time to meet a Spurs side who are in top form.

But if Newcastle can find some of that tremendous spirit they have shown so many times this season, maybe Newcastle can even get a shock result tonight and win.

• joppadoni

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM

im going for 2 – 2

• clarkeey

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

1st comment hopefully
    carroll needs to stay, because he is pretty much our main strikeforce. he might not want to leave now but it might be different when hes offered a larger wage then what hes on now. we will see.

• IrishMagpie

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I dont think a win would be a shock result as Ed says. Spurs are a good side in great form but we’re not a bad side ourselves and if we’re on form there’s no reason we cant get a result.

I do hope we see a little action in the January window though as i think we need a left winger that can actually cross and a striker with a bit of pace to play off Andy and bag a few goals.

• leedodd

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

If Big Andy Leaves Alan Pardew Will leave as He somehow has The Fans Backing at The Moment . If he sold Andy He would Get The Same Crap as Ashley gets and would Not Stay He couldn’t handle that !!!!! Andy Could not handle say Playing for Man cite or chelsea etc and coming home to St Jame’s. Anyway can you imagine him going out In London ?? He would Be Locked Up Within a week !!!!! The Judges Wont Be as leaniant Same with Joey if he went to west ham !!!! Steven Taylor Joey and Big Andy will be at Newcastle Until They Retire .

• lewman

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM

guardian are giving comparisons to the loyalty of le tissier, i hope so but i also hope he doesnt let himself get as chubby, but i suppose its a different era now and players just dont get fat anymore.

lets hope van de fart isnt playing as he could be the game changer.

• Sav

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I’m more worried than reassured by this tbh.

I thought Carroll had already said (numerous times, actually) that he was staying and wanted nothing more than to see out his career in a B&W no. 9 shirt. I know things change etc. but I figured that was good enough for at least a couple of years – he’s on a brand new long contract after all.
    What does Pardew suspect that he’s not telling here?
    Is Ashley’s silence getting to him? Has Llambias crawled back into a crack under the floorboards?
    Have the books suddenly got to be balanced to meet Taylor’s latest pay demands?