Newcastle Simply Brilliant – Pardew BBC Interview After Game

This is Alan Pardew’s excellent interview after the amazing Newcastle 5-0 win tonight against relegation threatened West Ham.

Joey Barton had a world class performance in midfield for Newcastle tonight – what  a player this lad is.

Knock knock – who’s there – Leon Best – and I want to score goals for Newcastle. 😀

• Spuggy

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Got to say I’m getting to like pardew, seems to be tuned into the fans, and is starting to play good tactics/subs at the right time.

Time will tell.

• G

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Just got back in, excellent game, particularly well done to Leon for his hat-trick, as well as a big 2 fingers in the direction of all the bloggers who keep insisting we should get rid as he isn’t good enough, or the morons who get their footballing knowledge from a computer game. Perhaps now they will stop shouting as if they know the game inside out, and actually get behind the players in a toon top for a change. Rant over, great game, great result, enjoy the Championship Avram.

• TooNArMy0

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:16 PM

for all of the those who criticised Leon B..
    F*** YOU

• sammydolan

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:49 PM

G, I will confess that I want/wanted him sold, my knowledge wasn’t from a PC game but from experience of last season and the bits he’s played. But like I said on another post, I feel a bit of a dick head for saying it and not giving the lad a chance but I am happy to have my pants pulled over my head over this!

• Spuggy

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Lol nice humility guys but it is one game against a poor poor side. Lets wait and see, but I hope he can keep it up.

Can’t believe it – MOTD say nothing about Bartons performance! Grrrrrrr

• Magickit

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I think the performance at 1st Half is the best half I seen this season !!

Leon Best is superb !! beside his 3 goals, he helps the defense quite well. He can run quickly, he can shoot, he can head and very strong!! He should be ahead of Ameobi… … He came off 2nd half with little injury, hope get well soon

Loven – very very good game, run for space all the matches to help another forwards. His goal is very brilliant is positioning. And I like him very much when tiote is out, he plays as right mid and plays very hard to def.

Barton is class today as all we know. Nolan is very good today as well. His 1st touch passing to best is very very amazing and have many tackles.

Back 4 – excellent esp. Colo . Calm and make many good tackles. no long balls and make good passing.

• gorskino10

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I watched the whole game on Football First and tbh Best wasnt that amazing sure he did great but was gave away the ball sometimes and really didnt do anything at goal apart from the goals. but Barton/Tiote/Jose/Colo were simply amazing, also i shall note Harper was POOR, scott parker shot he saved, just awkwardly slow and then the goal that disalouded was hilarous it was dead slow the ball his ball control was terrible i fear for him being in our team he did 1 good thing the whole game the save from Cole, he looked so slow and this is without him even being tested at ALL, i wanna see Krul back @no1 even Pardew admited Harper only got his place back on how long he has been at club thats not ability shining thru. all in all we were simply fantastic as a whole i just hope the 4 bloody injuries were not bad Taylor limped off at HT then Guti went off injured and Best went off limping and late Tiote limpted off, just hope they are not bad.

• mattnufc

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM

A good performance; the reason for the big scoreline is because West Ham were absolutely dire. Nevertheless, a great game, roll on the mackems!

• mattnufc

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM

@gorskin. Harper was not poor, I was at the game. The shot from Parker swerved at the last second. He saved a one on one. Caught many crosses/free kicks. He has a lot more presense than Krul.
    I dont know how you can say he was poor when Guitterez was on the pitch.

• CT

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:43 AM

unbloodybelievable some of the posts, got the feeling, mackems or blindfaith??
    This was beyond perfect, Ritchie? 2 fingers to us?
    Shola take those chances, not sure.
    well done son!,make it count with carrol, could be exciting!
    Pards, so far seems to have earned empathy, thats the hardest thing to achieve.

• cupiddstunt

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:03 AM

I think it is fairly unanimous all you bellends that were going on and on about Best not being good enough for the prem got the beginnings of your answer,

and that is you know nothing about football.

In his previous games he showed that he had the work rate and the footballing brain to get into scoring positions they were just not going in for him, his three goals tonight were all quality goals no tap ins and all three technically sound finishes.

Well done Leon m’lad, now you just have to build on it.

• keegan trio

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:59 AM

best may not be as good..but ive got only one thing to say to him.continue to keep up the good work.!

• toonoholic

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

i was always a big fan of krul, but trust me am i happy to see harper back. krul needs to mature a bit more.

best you shut my mouth alright with that performance ( it was les ferdinand in a best mask)