Pardew Hoping For The Breaks – And A Win Against Spurs

We were disappointed the lads dropped those two pointss in the last couple of minutes of extra time against Sunderland on Sunday.

Alan Pardew – shown with Steve Stone

And it looks like manager Alan Pardew has not forgotten about it either, as it seems so unjust that Sunderland took a point from a game in which they were completely outplayed (again), in that second half.

But that’s life we suppose – although we are hardly happy about it – in fact it sucks.

As usual though, Alan  Pardew is now only interested in the next game, which is all that really matters, and it’s Saturday afternoon against Spurs, who are surely due to be well beaten soon by some team – aren’t they?

This is what Alan said to the Evening Chronicle today:

“I’m not going to get away from the fact we conceded a last minute goal and we dropped points.”

“But we are due a bit of fortune ourselves and hopefully that can come against Tottenham. We went to Stevenage and lost and nothing went for us.”

“We conceded in the dying stages at Sunderland and didn’t deserve it.” “We are due a break. On Saturday we might get it.”

“I’m very pleased with the way we came back at Sunderland from Stevenage without key players we put in a great performance.”

Maybe it means that Shola will score the only goal of the game, in the very last minute of injury time on Saturday – that would balance things out a little.

And just imagine the celebrations that would get from the Newcastle United fans – we’d even have to reach for those blood pressure pills!

Howay The Lads!!

• dunzer1990

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM

1st 😀

• dunzer1990

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Nah seriously I do reckon we are due a break but I mean we had the scum on the ropes yet we sat back and took the pressure instead of pushin on for a second so it wasn’t all misfortune after all fortune favours the brave so let’s not make excuses Pards 1 goal was never enough

• Sinner

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM

@dunzer1990: You want a gift!? 1st?
    Dont make me larf. 😀 ……Jk

We need to sign a winger before the match,but that seems very unlikely now.

• leedodd

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM

We need a New Signing and Andy Carroll Back and yes a Bit of Luck Would Be Nice !!!!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Dont want anymore breaks after HBA’s thanks!!

• leedodd

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Breaking News Del and Rodney Trotter To Sign For Newcastle United on 5 Year Contracts. Trigger and Boycey Joining as The New Coaches.

• leedodd

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Del is a Quick Winger !!!!! Can Run 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat with a Suit case of Hooky Gear and a Copper Behind Him !!!! Can Beat any defender in The Premier League !!!!!!! Ha Ha

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM

@ leedodd // Jan 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM

You Plonker!

We aint that bad

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Leedodd, HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

• Sinner

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Rodney Trotter???
    Loool

• leedodd

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Rodney Has a New Boot Deal With Doc Martins !!!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM

leedodd, have you thought about going on stage!! I mean I am pi55ing myself here….eeesh!!

(Yawn) oopsy

• cyprus

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Shola to score Ed? I guess u never know… Hope AC is back and fit and would like to see more of our ‘new’ signing from Everton. Why did they get rid of Rout? Come on, are we still a selling club? I usually fear Jan transfers because of who we might lose instead of the other way around. Two Jans back, our wonderful transfers (players we lost) contributed to our downfall.

• cyprus

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:44 PM

And give Best a run in similar way to what Shola has been getting for the last twenty years

• Edd Case

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I got a friend called William Hill…

What are the odds of that?

• ballerfan2

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I suppose a draw must have been a fair result if we remember that Sunderland dominated the first half – or so SB and the Mackems keep on telling us (in their dreams).

• USGeordie

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I definitely miss Hughton in these situations. He wouldn’t have even mentioned the Sunderland game at all. He had all the players doing the same thing. I think it’s a brilliant philosophy too. Learn what you can from the last game and move on, don’t dwell on it. Definitely miss him.

• toonfin

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM

anyone heard the rumour that tarrabt has been spotted in newcastle?

• The Leazus End

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM

@ Sinner // Jan 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM

not on the newcastle united web site yet bud so nowt confirmed

• jimmymagpie

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Carroll definitely out on Saturday – not even in full training yet. Routledge deal completed, so surely they have someone lined up. Bloody stupid if they don’t.

• Obafan

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM

It s a bit confusing; every paper or link confirms Routledge is loaned out to QPR, but Newcastle remain silent. Do they want to announce and outgoing together with an incoming or are the working for a deal to land Taarabt. I hope it is the 2nd option, cause I really rate that guy. For Routledge it’s not that bad to go back there, cause he would not have got lots of minutes under Pardew.

I hope that it is not going to be an outgoing only, because that would be very stupid to do cause our squad is quite thin. I also hope it is someone else than SWP, who I think has had his best years…

• dunzer1990

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM

taraabt wud be a tidy signing can’t say I rate routledge that much but if QPR say that they are signing Routledge on loan to help with the promotion push it’d be unlikely that they’d be willing to let their star player leave but hope he does come our way

• dunzer1990

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:57 PM

oh and routledge goin to QPR aint a rumour he is 100% definitley there

• stuckdownsouth

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM

US Geordie, Chris did a fantastic job for us but let’s not look through rose tinted spec’s. AP although not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice has done really well up to now. OK Stevenage was bad but everything else I have been pleasantly surprised about. There are some on here who are willing him to fail and you can tell by their willingness to jump on the slightest thing. For me the jury is still out on him but he’s started well and I for one hope he’s still here next year because it means we’re doing alright.

• toonfan09

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM

qpr website hasnt confirmed it either there has to be summit going on for neither club to confirm the signing