Gosling Likely To Receive Terrific Welcome On Saturday

Dan Gosling could well make his home debut on Saturday against Tottenham.

Dan Gosling – in action for the Reserves recently

Dan has looked very good since he’s returned but it seems that Danny Guthrie will get the start as holding midfielder, so we expect to see Dan making his debut off the bench.

Gosling told the Evening Chronicle today:

“They’re a good side – they’ve showed that this year – but, hopefully, we’ll have all the fans on our side, and we’ll get a good result for them.”

“We just need to get a few home wins, and if we can nick a point here and there on the road, we’ll keep ticking over.”

“We want to win every game, but if we keep clawing points, we’ll do all right.”

“It’s been an up-and-down season. We’ve got a little cushion between ourselves and the bottom sides, but we’d like to have a few more points on the board.”

Gosling seems the perfect professional and he’s still so young too, but this is the type of lad who  Newcastle fans will take too quickly, a youngster who knows all about the tremendous history of the Newcastle club, and he wanted to come to Tyneside too.

Looking ahead to his home bow, former Plymouth youngster Gosling said:

“It will be a special moment – one of the biggest crowds I’ve played in front of. St James’s Park is a great place to play football, and I’m very happy here.”

“It’s been a great atmosphere for the wins we’ve had there, and hopefully it will be the same on Saturday.”“It’s been a long time in coming, and it wasn’t a bad one to come into.”

“I was just gutted we couldn’t hold on in the end.”   “I was always prepared to come on – I knew at some stage I would get the call.”

“I was just trying to get myself ready for it, and it was nice to come on for the last four or five minute, but it would have even better if we’d managed to stay in the lead.”

“If someone had given us the 1-1 before the game, we’d probably have taken it, as Sunderland have got one of the best home records in the league.”  “But it felt like a defeat afterwards.”

However, he tried to look at the positives and said: “It’s a weight off my shoulders.” “That was my third game, and I’m just thoroughly enjoying being back out with the lads and training every day like normal.

“I felt better in that game than the one last week.”  “I got a full 90 minutes, so hopefully it won’t be too long before I’m in with a shout of making the starting line-up.”

Dan Gosling can play in a number of positions, including midfield, on the wing, or at full-back,  which is just one reason he’s going to get plenty of playing time at Newcastle.

But sometimes being so adaptable is not a big advantage, if you want to nail down a particular starting position, but we have to think by the end of the season both Dan Gosling and Hatem Ben Arfa will be starting for the Magpies.

Dan continued:

“I see myself predominantly as a central midfielder, though sometimes I might have to play out wide, or somewhere else,”

“I’m willing to do that for the team, and if that’s the case, I’ll get on with my job like normal.”

It could be that Alan Pardew already sees a ready replacement for Wayne Routledge now that Dan is back fit, and looking very good too.

Dan Gosling is almost certain to make his home debut on Saturday and he can expect an excellent reception from Geordie fans, because from all reports he’s been the perfect professional since he’s been at the club.

He has played the last couple of Reserve team games – 160 minutes in total – and has looked what he is – an excellent young player, and to think Newcastle got him for nothing – somebody pinch me please. – quick.

And Dan is just like Ben Arfa, who also wanted to come to play for the famous Newcastle club, and that’s why Dan is  on Tyneside, and that’s only one reason he’ll get a good reception on Saturday against Spurs.

We are very pleased to have young Dan Gosling at the Newcastle club.

Hey, maybe Dan can hit the winning goal against Spurs – no reason why not.

• Magpietillidie22

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Dan Gosling is such talent, some people were wrongly blaming him for scum draw but I cant wait to see them change their minds when he hits 100%

Such a great player

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Who has blamed him for the scum draw is absolutely ridiculous. I thought he did well when he came on.

• nobby sol

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM

for Spurs go
    ——————-Harper
    simspon williamson collocini enrique
    barton gosling nolan guthrie gutierez
    ——————ameobi
    I know its negative but i like the look of it

• getthefattwatout

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Completely agree with the comments above and if anyone says he caused the draw with scum it just shows their complete lack of football nouse

• Jan Stavik

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Gosling did nothing when coming on apart from giving the ball away a few times. However he’s not to blame for the loss of 2 points, not more than any of the other players anways.

Harper should have done better on that occation, if you want someone to blame it should be him. I’d like to see a couple of players in by the end of the month, we’re short in numbers. Quality-wise we’re fine if no injuries, really.

• liam85

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I don’t blame anyone. The team put their hearts and souls into that game. We were the better team for sure. Just a shame we didn’t put any of our other chances away. I don’t blame Gosling or anyone else.. Yeah Harper should of done a bit better but that doesn’t make it his fault..
    Can’t wait for Saturday’s game!

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:01 PM

We need a quick, strong finisher in front of goal. Our only striker that can really ‘finish’ is Carroll and he’s still learning! We need a quick proven goal scorer of a good league either this one or abroad but we desperately need quality up front as we look very average without Carroll. Ben Arfa is a great player that can play behind the striker but it’s not ideal I would prefer Ben Arfa playing somewhere in midfield where he can cause more havoc and see more of the ball. I know there are great players like I have described out there not playing for the current teams for whatever reasons and we need to get one ASAP. Gosling will come good for us but I believe we need a striker and another winger perhaps to really look strong until the end of this season. In the summer I would get rid of some dead wood like; Smith, Xisco and Perch and with that money buy a very good RB / LB or a couple of good quality, young replacements.

We’re just short of a handful of quality signings to be a formidable team challenging the top 6 every season.

• JoseEnrique

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM

All our top players are also very young. Ben Arfa, Carrol, Tiote, Enrique, Simpson, Taylor, Gosling and even Krul all under the age of 24, i think.

• stunna

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Anyone hear anything about Gosling’s setback?

From the Sky article on Alan Smith being out for the rest of the season, “Pardew is also likely to be without striker Andy Carroll for another two or three weeks while Dan Gosling has suffered a setback in his recovery from a serious knee injury.”

• magpie999

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM

GOSLING OUT FOR 3 WEEKS

Apparently the knee he had surgery on swelled up to twice the size after playing in the reserve game.

They don’t want to take any risks so hes out now for 3 weeks.