Yes, we know it’s all confusing on what exactly has happened with Seb Larsson – we’re as confused as anybody – but when we were told that Newcastle could not agree terms with Seb Larsson, maybe that’s not the truth.
Seb Larsson – Newcastle still negotiating for Seb last Wednesday
That’s according to his agent
Apparently Seb Larsson has just put in a transfer request two days ago, but read what his agent, Per Johnson, has said today:
“On Thursday, Seb gave in a transfer request and Peter Pannu, the acting Chairman, emailed us to say Birmingham would be making a new contract offer.”
“The reason why the request was put in was as a protest at the way Seb has been treated.”
“We were told pre-season that the club wanted to sell him, then that they wanted to discuss a new contract which we basically agreed.”
“Then in December a new offer was made which was lower than the one we had verbally agreed, so naturally we turned it down.”
“Then the manager Alex McLeish said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.”
“So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb.”
“Birmingham have treated Seb like cattle. Going backwards and forward four times is not acceptable.”
“The club needs to sharpen up a bit and get a bit of class.”
Yes, it’s very interesting that he says they were still in negotiations with Newcastle until just last Wednesday – we underlined the bit that’s important.
Maybe all the nonsense about not being able to reach terms, and rushing to the conclusion that Seb was too greedy – may not be true – and we could be as guilty as anybody in doing that.
If what his agent says above, it seems that Newcastle were still negotiating for the player, which has to be good news, since the lad is a very good player.
What do you think is going on?