QPR’s Warnock Rubbishes Newcastle £5M Move For Taarabt

It looks like QPR manager Neil Warnock couldn’t stand all the speculation surrounding his 21 year-old top midfielder Adel Taarabt.

Adel Taarabt – £5M offer from Newcastle

There has been talk all January of the possibility that Newcastle United  were interested in the 21 year-old Moroccan midfielder, who was previously at Spurs.

Adel has had a great season for QPR, and is only one reason they are leading the Championship by 5 points right now,  and certainly Warnock has done a fabulous job in London since joining the club last summer.

Warnock said today:

“You can forget a move for Tarbs – that’s stone dead certain. I’m not sure any club would want him.”

“We give him license to do things here he would never get a chance to do anywhere else.”

Rumors have been circulating of a £5M offer from the Tyneside club, but that’s probably another false story put out by the gossip press this month.

After all,  we heard yesterday that Newcastle were hiding the fact that Andy Carroll was really going to be out for two months, rather than the three weeks Newcastle were quoting, with the insinuation the Tyneside club were lying?

That pearl was initiated by The Sun, and was found rather quickly to be pure garbage – but it probably sold them a few papers yesterday, and that’s all that really matters,  isn’t it?

Taarabt started his career at Lens in 2004, and then joined Spurs in 2007, initially on loan, and then he moved to QPR last summer, and has been in great form this season.

The 5’11” midfielder played 16 times for Spurs and has so far played 78 times for QPR with 21 goals.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:11 AM

My hope is we managed to get first option on this lad in the summer as part of the Routledge deal.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM

@ ITUNDERASHELL // Jan 25, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I cant see it.
    I also cannot see us bidding £5M for him and sending Rout to them on loan.

If we were going to bid for him it would be player plus cash.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Shame really.
    Would be great in our team! No past against his name. lieing to managers and refusing to play etc!!
    Would be a great signing

• Shot Bru

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Hmmm…..Taraabt really ambivalent about how he would fit into the modern day game in the premiership….personally i reckon he was born too late with the epic talent he has…he would have been perfect back in the day playing alongside the likes of Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles and Frank Worthington…not a team player who would slows the game down too much while he executes a nutmeg or a couple of step-overs…. i fear he is a greedy player playing for himself who would lose the ball too often in crucial areas of the park to be able to rely upon him….you gotta wonder why Tottingham released him.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Couldn’t have put it better angryman. Would so much have preferred Taarabt to that loony Ireland.

Can’t we offer Best and Routledge plus 5M ?

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Don’t know why everybody gets so exited about Taarabt to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not a bad player, but he isn’t that good either. If £5M is the price being bandied about, I feel there is far better value elsewhere if I’m honest.

• nufc.romania

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM

how about max gradel ?? the rumours are still active ?

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Shot bru,

He was 18 for f… sake at Spurs !! The spurs that have a million midfielders !!

OK he likes the odd dribble a la Beardo etc, but his passing and through balls sometimes with the outside of his foot are awesome.

So the alternatives are Smith and Guthrie for our creativity !!!

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM

RH @ 8. Actually, I’m inclined to agree with Shot Bru’s assessment of the player. Every time I have seen him play he looks like a man who really needs to learn when to release the ball. Don’t get me wrong, you are right about some of his abilities, but he hasn’t learned to use them wisely yet.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM

G

He’s a 20 year old who had got 13 goals and 14 assissts from open play and they’re top of the league.

WTF – he’s not that good !!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven’t got anyone with his ability, not even Ben Arfa can do some of the stuff this kid’s got in his locker. 5M is an an abolute steal

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Routs scored for QPR the other day, and last season he looked the DB’s to me in the Championship. He doesn’t look that great in the Prem to me. Bear in mind also, that you get far less time on the ball in the Prem. I just have my doubts about his ability to step up a league, but as always, I will be happy to be proven wrong should we sign him.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Jeremie Aliadiere another Clairefontaine moe to Blackpool.

he can shine under ian Hollwool….

• Shot Bru

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Relax Rotonda Heights….i was merely suggesting that his game might not be suited to the modern game….yes most fans are in agreement that Smith and Guthrie offer no creativity…however Taraabt offers creativity in bucketloads but generally he uses it to enhance his own ego rather than for the benefit of the team..

• expatgeordie

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

He’s a circus act I know lots of QPR fans and though they think he is exciting they say that there are times when he is a liability. I think PL defenders will suss him out quickly. Warnocks comment “We let him do things that he wopuldn’t get away with at a PL club” is significant.

• Sav

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Did somewone say its 4 million for Routledge?
    If that’s so its a good deal for us, with or without any promises for Taarabt. Anyway, how do you yell ‘howay Taarabt!’
    It sounds daft.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

@ Malaysia-RASHID // Jan 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Jeremie Aliadiere was CRAP for the smoggies.
    He is turning into the next Alan Smith.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM

SSN:

“Skysports.com understands Leicester are in talks to sign Curtis Davies and Patrick van Aanholt.”

• GEORDIE69

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Jeremie Aliadiere is not a bad player, Holloway will get the best out of him. Not good enough for a top premiership side,but good enough to do a job for Blackpool. He looked very promising at Arsenal and I thought at times he looked good at the Smoggies! Never good enough for us though.

• GEORDIE69

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM

NUFC_Richyg01 Post 17

On loan or to buy?

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I wouldn’t mind a ” circus act ” that has 14 assists and 13 goals to his name and whose team are top of the league.

I can’t believe some of the attitudes to people like Taarabt and Piatti, like he’s too small and he’s got an ego. Wasn’t Maradona the smallest and most egotistical player ever !!

It’s as bad and dinosaurish as Andy Gray and female linesmen !!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Rotonda Heights,
    AGREED!

• Shot Bru

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:33 PM

C’mon Rotonda Heights…comparing Taraabt and Maradona is ridiculous!

• belfastgeordie87

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:33 PM

that deal was never happening in a million years !!

• batty

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

greedy b@stard he would get chinned within a week

• listie

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM

It’s obvious Routledge has been set to QPR to tap up Taraabt for the summer lol

• Malaysia-RASHID

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM

actually, for me, a good player if play under will always be crap but when go to under a good manager will be good player, that the point.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

**actually, for me, a good player if play under crap manager will always be crap but when go under a good manager will be good player, that the point.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

shot bru,

just making the point, being small and skilful such as beardsley, Zola etc shouldn’t count against you in any league.

• Ryan_NUFC88

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM

@Rotonda heights // Jan 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I agree mate, people are making judgements like that constantly.

Cast all your minds back a couple of years ago and wasn’t Ronaldo gracing the premier league, he had skill and was egotistical

Now I’m not comparing in a sense that Taarabt or Piatti are as good but in a sense of Attitude, height etc (fair enough Piatti is a fair bit shorter)

Either would be quality buys no matter what any of you say, I’m sure if one did join and they pulled a few tricks out the bag you’d be loving them in seconds.

Everyone went crazy for HBA after his 3rd game coz he scored a goal like he did, so who’s to say a few tricks or a decent goal won’t make you feel the same way.

At the end of the day it probably is in unlikely we will sign either of them but it’s always good to be linked with players of that quality…

• Shot Bru

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Rotonda Heights…i totally agree with you regarding height and skill as the modern game is overcrowded by athletes and powerful giants…

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Shot bru

legacy of the likes of allardyce I’m afraid . Funny how Bolton and Blackburn are now actually playing some decent football now they’ve got from under his shadow. when he left Blackburn they were 13th, now they’re 7th !!

• AndyE93

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:36 PM

£5m is a lot of money for a player of his type who is unproven. He is a different kind of player to the ones already in the EPL imo. Wouldn’t mind taking the risk but for £5m it would be a big risk. Still Ashley is all for gambling so maybe he’ll take a big gamble on Taraabt

• Ollieh51

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Jesus…

I think you lot forget what people thought of Andy ‘Avatar’ Carroll when he was in the Championship?!

Nothing special in the prem when he came on, remember how he was judged with people saying that he wouldn’t cut it in the PL/we’ll wait and see etc?

HOWEVER…

We need wingers FFS!

He and Hatem are very similar players.

Some of you slate Guthrie for not having creativity but I think you need to look at his assists last season and his ball on Saturday to ‘The Geordie Puyol’ and then realise that we also have Gosling, Joey AND Nolan that can play that central role.

He’s not a winger that delivers quality balls into the box consistantly and I feel that that’s the dimension we need.

THE END.

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM

RH, get over yourself son. Ed’s blog ends almost every thread with ‘Comments Welcome’, people have commented, including myself, and merely pointed out where we feel Taarabt’s game is limited. This is an opinion, I feel I am entitled to. In which way are the points stated above any less valid than your own blinkered opinion? Grow up stop acting like your having a tantrum.
    Oh, and Ollieh51@ post 33, with regard to the paragraph about Carroll. I was one of them! Hands up, I was wrong. But once again, I am always happy to be proved wrong with regard to any player in a toon top.

• Zangwill_Ho

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM

expansive

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM

G

That’s very generous of you, though I fail to see the relevance of you remarks . I guess most do.

So my comments are blinkered and your opinions are valid. I would say the ego has well and truly landed there my friend. Narcisism aside, have a nice day.

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Nice retort RH, 2 points, please read post 34 again, and inwardly digest the information within it, and 2nd please don’t call my ‘my friend’. My friends earned their rights to call me that along with their cap badge and honour.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM

G

Any friend of yours … is a friend of yours.

• G

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Not knowing when to shut up isn’t your strong suit is it RH? Cant be bothered with this any more, have more pressing matters. Mrs G has just announced that kiddie 2 is going to be with us come September, I’m off to the pub to get bladdered as it will be at least a few years before I can afford to do so again!

• jimblow82

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I’m a Utd fan living in London, QPR is my local side and i watch them often. Let me tell you Taarabt is an unbelivable talent that i belelive will grace a very top team 1 day!! he is by far better than anything we have in midfield and 5 mill would be a snip