Kevin Nolan And Players Must Get The Job Done At Fulham

I just listened to Alan Pardew’s press conference today, where he was inundated with questions about Andy Carroll.

Kevin Nolan – captain a huge player for Magpies through rest of the season

It turns out that when Andy asked for an improved contract yesterday,  he wanted it immediately, and Newcastle said they would be willing to renegotiate his deal in the summer, but Andy and his agent didn’t like that answer – and so they went off to talk to Liverpool, after Andy handed in his transfer request.

If Newcastle are going to do well through the end of this season, then we will have to see this Irishman return to very close to his best form, and if he can do that – as Alan said today –  we’ll have brought in an excellent player.

But the attention now has to turn to tomorrow night’s game at Fulham, and Alan had a meeting with the squad this morning, and they discussed the situation with Andy – and then Alan said it was their collective responsibility to  get the job done tomorrow night in Andy’s absence.

And of course this year without Andy in the side, Newcastle have gone close to four wins on the trot, with no goals conceded, had it not been for those last minute equalizers against Sunderland and Tottenham. But 8 points from the last four league games is nevertheless good.

So the lads have been playing well, but we’ve also watched Fulham narrowly lose 1-0 at Anfield last Wednesday night in the league, and they attacked Liverpool all  through the second half when they were 1-0 down, and they were unlucky not to get a point.

Then they simply demolished Tottenham 4-0 at Craven Cottage on Sunday in the 4th round of the FA Cup – and that was the score at the half, as the Tottenham side simply didn’t turn up for the game.

Fulham manager Mark Hughes, to his credit,  now has the side playing so much better than  just a month ago, and attacking too, and it will not be an easy game by any means – but if the lads ever needed a win – it’s tomorrow night.

Usually when this squad has been faced with adversity, they have  come through with some excellent performances, and that’s what we are hoping (praying) for at Fulham.

If the lads can get 3 points tomorrow night, then the stage is set for the home game against Arsenal on Saturday, which promises to be a humdinger, and we have the chance of doing the league double over Arsenal for the first time since who knows when?

If we can get 4 points out of these 2 upcoming  games, that would be just great, and 3 points would be very nice – all 6 points and we’ll all be flying.

No points and we’ll all be crying.

• geoff777

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Really don’t care at the moment.

Football is no longer fun.

• Toonboy_84

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I think I’m gonna puke when I see AC banging em in, in a red shirt.

Been in a crap mood all day.

Feels like someone has died!

• stevep

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Yup game on so let’s move on
    No tweets from jonas, simp or ranger, they usually tweet a few times a day – hope the dressing room mood is ok

• gorskino10

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Yeah i would of Understood if it was Barca/Madrid then i wouldnt see him week in week out 🙁

• Jack Bauer

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:31 PM

right… whats the team for tomorrow? and any chance Ireland will be in the squad? what number is he wearing?

• GeordieGerman

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I think Fulham will expect our lads to be totally demoralised. But knowing our lads they will want to prove that there is life after Andy. So I’m saying 1-2 for us. Nolan and Best

• gorskino10

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

What Pardew gotta bang home is that he hasnt played for a few weeks and we have done fine (ish) hopefully they are hughly professional and wont let it affect them!

Do you think after all this crap if Andy plays shite at Liverpool or suddenly realise this isnt for him he wants his hometown club back, do you think us as a club would take him back?

• Whitecap

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Go on Shola!!! Score us some goals!!!

• geoff777

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

@Toonboy_84

With you mate.

Completly gutted.

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Got to find a way of putting pressure on this lot so they leave our club asap.

• gorskino10

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

@GeordieGerman

That best goal has to be a tapin then :p he just doesnt look like scoring after that Hat Trick but i hope he does!

• toonfan09

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

• toonfan09

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:34 PM

ireland is out for 2 weeks

• RossGellar

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Hopefully the lads will understand that Carroll wasn’t going to be playing against Fulham either way. We still have some of the best players in the league. Some of the worst too, but I don’t think that’ll be an issue next season.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Despite claiming that he was forced out at Newcastle and did not want to leave the club, the highly-rated striker admitted he now has a massive opportunity.

ANDY ‘Greedy’ CARROLL SAYS:

“When I knew [Liverpool’s interest] was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it,” Carroll told the club’s official website.

“Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

“It’s a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

“Liverpool is a massive club and it’s nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

“They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward.”

That lying twat!!

• nufcburty

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Right come on now lads, chin up, lets not let one player make us feel like this, we’ve completely ROBBED liverpool.. and the past 4games with out carroll have looked great..
    It like in anything, if you feel shit, still come out with your head held high.. it keeps the confidence.
    and to the haters atm.. hate FATTY.. NOT NUFC! we will always stick by them!

• toonfan09

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM

all those who blamed ashley think on tht article is proof he went for money and he wasnt forced out

• GeordieGerman

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Ranger on for last 25 minutes and misses another sitter. Any bets?

• Davies

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I think I was more angry about the transfer business than I was about relegation. At least I saw that coming.

Not sure how we’ll perform tomorrow. I’m hoping that the likes of Barton and Nolan will pull the team together.

I anyone else worried that there hasn’t been a peep out of any of the playing staff?

I smell discontent. Hope I’m wrong.

• MarkO

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Carroll wont be a success at Liverpool he will get on the wrong road with the night life fear a great talent could be wasted but deserves it after yesterday HATE CARROLL

• Flop

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:42 PM

“it’s nice to be wanted by a club like this” in other words they wanted to pay me 80k a week now whereas Newcastle didn’t.
    I’m sorry but I’ll never welcome the lad back after this.
    I’ve felt awful all day, hope the rest of the lads show AC what he’s left behind at Fulham tomorrow.

• Burni

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Seein u didn’t see it in the article jack: “A little bit of extra news – and Alan also hopes that Stephen Ireland will be ready to play in about two weeks, after he fully recovers from his hamstring injury.”

There ya gan bud

• nufcburty

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:42 PM

If we bounced back from the Heughton sacking.. im sure we can from losing one player.. BELIEF!

• BiffBaffBoff

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM

As I said in a previous post, really looks/sounds like he was forced out… (sarcasm) but that doesnt mean MA/DL and maybe AP aren’t innocent either… now lets move on, AC wasnt NUFC, we got a hefty amount for him and hopefully we’ll see some of that money re invested in the summer.

• jwheelie12

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Arsenal game is nearly sold out aswell, I’d say there are less than 1000 seats left

• boater

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM

NUFC burty – for the umpteenth time. WE haven’t robbed anyone. Ashley has that money in a private vault. When the owner does not have the interests of the supporters at heart, them cashing in on our star player .. means nowt to us. Everyone – and I mean virtually everyone has strengthened apart from us.

What’s Carroll gonna say? I didn’t want to play for Scousers but THey made me?

Aye chin up. Put shola on the banner ED ,, man up and grow some balls.
    Where is the winger? Where is Xisco’s replacement? Where are the 2 signings pardew mentioned?

• CT

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Judas wanted the £80k now and wasn`t prepared to wait or give a toss about what potential damage it could do to morale with the rest of the squad.
    Sorry, seems to me the club was stuck, they refused the £35 mill fee but could not match L`pools offer nor should they have done!
    No-one saw this happening and it is conceivable that with Judas` return they felt they had enough in the striker dept, after all we could easily have won the last 4 games without him!!
    Scoring goals gonna be tough for us now and Cole isn`t the answer in the summer.
    Pray we get the 12 points we need sooner rather than later as a few losses could really screw the morale.
    Make no mistake Judas could have stayed but wanted the cash(as did his poxy agent) hence the written transfer request! At least we saved the 10% (£3.5 mill)

• Toonboy_84

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM

CARROLL IS A LYING JUDAS C**T!!!!!

• geoff777

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Someone could have said no.

Pardew especially should have insisted Ashley kept his word, by making it a resigning matter.

• daneevz

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM

So Carroll wasnt forced Out??? lol lying girl beating ball bag waster!! hope is career is a a shit 1!!!

• geordieforeva

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I have a feeling Ranger will score from now on. He now has one less striker to compete with. Ranger has the potential to be better all the crap strikers we have now and I think AP has already had a word with him about taking it a few notches up.

• boater

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I’m over Carroll.

I’m over who said what, who did what, who telt who’s mam. I’m over Carroll in a red shirt.

What I can’t say I’m over and NONE OF YEEES should be either is why we failed to sign anyone other than two injured players. One of which, his manager couldn’t wait to see the back of.

It’s all been papered over in the maelstrom of the past 24 hours.

• daneevz

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM

have we still gotta play liver pool home in April??

• CT

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Another thing our style of football will need to be as recently,not one trick pony long ball stuff!!
    Amen to that!

• nimo

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Hurting like but onwards n upwards if he gets the 35mill to spend let’s get Glenn Johnson in and van winkle And another striker , I’m still happy with the core of the squad now

• GeordieGerman

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I suppose one thing I have learned is not to take the pee out of the scum till the transfer window has closed.

• bib60

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Why do people believe a word, Ashley, Llambias and Pardew say? how many times do we have to be shafted to get the message?

• Edd Case

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Ranger will get two tomorrow night and we’ll all be wondering who the Scouses are on about…Andy who?

Have faith you lot FFS.

• ginkoh

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM

When the end of teh day, It’s all about business. Classic of football is dead.

• nimo

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I believe everyone at fault includin Ashley n pardew but when u have a 5 year contract just signed NOBODY can force you out, hardly like he was on a bad wage just agents drilling it in it’s a short career make the most u can and in other terms let him make the most out of u

• ToonBry