Pardew To Be Given All £36M For Summer Spending

Alan Pardew has come out and said today he will be given the full £36M received from the Andy Carroll transfer of yesterday.

Alan Pardew – summer spending spree

Pardew has cleared up a lot of questions with the fans about how mcyhb he will be given in the summer to spend and he says owner Mike Ashley has given him permission to spend all the Carroll money in the next transfer window.

This is what Alan said:

“The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, ‘Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it’, and he has assured me of that,”

“For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.”

“Could it have been used yesterday? Late last night, we made a couple of bids, but we were getting extortionate figures thrown at us. It was ridiculous.”

“Were we going to pay an overhiked price for a lesser product than Andy Carroll? No, so unfortunately as I sit here now.”

“I am weaker than I was yesterday because I had Andy Carroll maybe four or five weeks away from fitness.”

We though Andy got the go ahead yesterday to resume training from the specialist in Sweden?

But that’s good news he will not be fit for over four weeks, not to put too much emphasis on why we think that.

We like Alan Pardew becasue he is brutally honest, and we have to hope that the strikers left at the club,  will be inspired to get the job done in the last 15 games of the season.

That starts tomorrow night with a game at Fulham.

• ASTORIA

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Yeah right!!!

• JohnnyBrookes

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:13 PM

HA Laughable to say the least.

• mattyNUFC

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM

good

• dubzy

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM

so 35mil+20mil FRM OUR YEARLY TRANSFER BUG= 55mil ,rite MA,YEA WE WILL C !!!!!!!!

• jettson

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM

if you think we will spend £36m in the summer then you believe anythink!!!
    Wat a load of BULL yet again!!
    £10m if we lucky – and that will be Sky money & Season Tkts etc – we will see nowt of this money, but may here of it being lost in a casino!!

• JohnnyBrookes

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I’m literally praying for a takeover from the Qataris, that would literally be the only thing that could cheer me up.

Man City style, the same owners who approached Ashley but he wouldn’t sell.

Cheers Mike.

• dubzy

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:16 PM

cant w8 2 c sum of the names to b linked wiv ,thats gunnb a joke its self

• nats7798

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:19 PM

we were all born yesterday! hahaha~~!!

• boater

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM

As nufc.com says, it’s a purely hypothetical amount and hollow promise. Unlike the cash pocketed by the very real departure of the no.1 young english striker, and failure to replace mssrs. Routledge, Kadar, Smith, Xisco.

• munch27

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Are their any strikers around without a club who could do a job till end of the season?

• Thump

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Wish Ashley would just f off. I’m honestly sick of this rollercoaster – he gets things right for a while and then stabs us in the back.

How long before Nolan, Barton, Enrique, Collo, Krul etc., is sold? I’d bet you my last breath we’ll be seeing some squad movement in the summer.

• Thump

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM

@munch27: Not that isn’t any better than what we already have – at least that I know of.

• javatoonarmy

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM

boater
    I hope connor wickham will be coming to us next season 🙂

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Can anyone tell me something.. Who in their RIGHT mind would REJECT 35MILL for andy carroll!!!??? Let’s face it he’s no fat ronaldo is he!

Timing could have been better but 35mill can get us 3 excellent signings.

Excellent business if you ask me.

• cla5hb0y68

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM

His words mean nothing, Ashley pulls the strings. My prediction is that Ashley is planning to recoup his investment, turn a profit and then sell an asset stripped club before high tailing it out of town. The appeal of the casino has palled, so Ashley is now getting a buzz from manipulating real people and their emotions etc, instead of cold inanimate casino chips. It’s the closest he can get to the character in ‘The Ultimate Game’, where a hunter bored with animals and wildlife began hunting humans instead.

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM

And no i’m not bitter. Just looking at this from an outside perspective, since I’m not from newcastle so I dont get that attached to certain players.

• Malaysian Toon

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM

only free agent i know off is jeremie aliadiere. any thoughts?

• Vest

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Lets hope Carroll will do just as well in L’pool as Kean did. Then we will buy him back in the summer for £15 mill 🙂

Good deal from NUFC 🙂

HWTL

• dubzy

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

joe wont b if we go dwn tho

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

No clashboy68. Ashley is not a james bond villian. He’s merely a business man. You and I would have done the same if we were in his shoes.

• bobpac11

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM

???
    ??? Colo Tayls Jose
    Tiote
    Ireland Barton Nolan
    Ben Arfa
    ???

Still, we have Jonas, Mike, Simpson, etc

Thats just three top players, hopefully we get good price like ben arfa, 5mill.

20 mill and we hav a top class team. 30 mill will be fantastic. 36 and we can say hello europe.

Remember when Andy Cole left? Couple years later we had ferdinand, soon to be followed Alan SHEARER, asprilla etc.

I’m positive.

Lets f****k up fulham tomorrow!!!

• BeeGuy

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM

After all the prem league guys are sold off, AP will have up to some portion of $35 million to buy a squad for the Championship.

Beiong a yo-yo team could actually be quite profitable with the relegation payments.

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Before I get flamed for being Mike Ashley himself 😀 Let me just say that I dislike him as much as you guys do. But what he’s doing makes good business sense and being a chairman of a moderate sized company I definitely see it from his perspective as well..

• DrunkenSteve

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I simply cannot believe anything that comes from the powers that be at Newcastle.

I started to allow myself a glimmer of hope after the Houghton debarcle then as soon as my gaurd was dropped a fraction the Fat Cockney W@nker steamrolls in with a big number 9 in my nuts.

It was always difficult being a NUFC fan never winning anything etc but this reigime have made it even worse. I wish I could just flick a switch and turn off the love for the toon! 🙁

• tjshawsey

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM

joe, I agree but I also think this money will be invested, whether it be the first team or something like the youth facilities.

• jettson

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Joe
    £36m is only good business if INVESTED in the first team!!
    He has proven time and time again to be a LIAR – we wil not see a penny of that money invested in the Team!!
    yes great business, if you want to make a killing and move on!!
    he is and always will be a Liar!!!

• T00nt00n

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM

If we spend the whole sum of money wisely It will be good business, but based on lastnights performance I’m not sure it will be. up to 15M for N’Zogbia, Yea right, bet he’d love to play for us again!!!!
    The squad will see none of the money, It’ll go to offset his personal losses he claims to be making. Their all lying cockney B******S

• Jamma

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I don’t care if every single penny is spent at the moment. Because it will be spent by an average manager on overpaid flops like SWP and Carlton Cole.

I’d rather spend the whole lot on turning back time and fixing the shambles that occured yesterday. It doesn’t matter if we can get 10 new Ben Arfa’s, Carroll was a one off.

He was not only our top goalscorer, but talisman, icon and inspiration. He was a massive figurehead for how we have turned our club around so impressively, the first England International we have produced in years and a statement of intent.

No French player can provide the work rate and power of Andy and teams will no longer look at our teamsheet and base most of their entire tactics around trying TO STOP US.

Teams will now attack us as they know we only have fkin Strolla Ameobi to pop up with a consolation goal every 1 in 10 games.

It was a stupid panic decision but unfortunately on both parts. I’m so disappointed with AC, why not just wait until the summer to renegotiate.

His agent obviously lit up his naive eyes, but that said he is a strong 22 year old young man and can make decisions for himself. Because of that, i’ve lost alot of hope and to be honest I don’t feel excited anymore about the upcoming games.

The fact that Carroll was a Geordie, was homegrown and was OURS was the best part but money talks which is so disappointing. To me, no amount of money can replace what he stood for and I just hope the second half of the season doesn’t go like it did last time or we’ll be even more of a laughing stock.

The most i’ve been disappointed in the club for a long long time, and as usual just as I started to regain hope and belief in the new model.

#Still Gutted

• mattyNUFC

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM

anyone have a link to a list of free agents? can’t find anything but i know something similar has been posted before….

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Whether or not 35mil will be reinvested in the team remains to be seen. Ball’s in his court now. Your move MA.

This isnt my point tho. My point was just that if you and I were owner of newcastle, we’d have accepted the offer hands down.

• Adey501

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

All just words really isnt it?

Time will tell…

• Jamesthefirst

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Padrew’s statement is just to keep the fans from an outburst at the games.

He won’t get a penny. Maybe £5 mill if he’s lucky.

In the summer, the statement will be “The money was needed to help re-finance the debt”

Then Ashley will put the club up for sale throughout the summer, accept no offers, and come August say he is taking it off the market but has no time left in the window to buy players.

Keegan proved in court that Ashley and LLambias lie to their supporters. A leopard does not change it’s spots.

• peterjoicey

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Pardew ain’t getting a penny of the £35m… i would not be suprised if the money was staggered over the next 5 and a half years… £7m a season.

• joe

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I think jamma proves my point quite well. As a geordie, well basically you guys have lost yr talisman.

BUt as an outsider (whos no less a newcastle fan than any of you guys mind you!) I dont get as attached to players as you probably would, hence I dont mind losing our best striker and strengthening the team in the process.

• mattyNUFC

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM

there’s this Jon Dahl guy who looks like he could do a job for us?? 🙂

• Jamma

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM

joe – honestly I’m not being stupid or trying to be annoying here – I honestly wouldn’t.

Maybe it’s because I’m too loyal, bit If i was the owner I could only see that as a good thing.

That’s the difference in having an owner who cares and one that doesn’t, Mike Ashley and the “COCKNEY MAFIA” clearly don’t.

Carroll over the next 10 years = worth more than £36m.

He’s a battering ram and WE had every team shitting themselves before a ball had even been kicked. Now we don’t.

• cla5hb0y68

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM

@Joe “Ashley is not a james bond villian”

So he’s a man of integrity who conducts his dealings with dignity and with the best interests of the club and fans then? Why lie about it, why not come out and say ,I’m flogging him to use the money for team building? He knew he was going to get offers for Andy and he should have had a replacement lined up, it’s called foresight.

“But what he’s doing makes good business sense”

Really? So you would sell your most productive asset, to a direct competitor,without a replacement lined up, at a time when your status in the big league was in no way secured and which could lead to you losing more, due to relegation and shrunken revenue,than you got for said asset?

• Dennis Twice

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:42 PM

There should be on the banner: Ashley on the middle and Derek on his right side and Pardew left hand side!