Pardew Rallies Newcastle Troops – We Need A Win!

Been a little negative this morning, but I had to get some things off my chest,  but now we have to turn our attention to the Newcastle players and the game tonight, which of course is all important.

Alan Pardew – challenges Newcastle players

Just think, if the lads can win their next 3 games things will be flying again on Tyneside, and don’t forget we have 8 points form our 4 league games so far this season (without Andy) and we’ve been unlucky too!

And news today that Alan Pardew, whose had a difficult last three days at Newcastle, to say the least,  is fully expecting the lads to go out at Craven Cottage tonight and prove there is life at Newcastle United after Andy Carroll.

This is what Alan told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We’re professional and we will do a professional job.” “I am employed here as a football manager.”

“I go out and do the best job I can and so do the players.” “Were we buoyant and happy and smiling? No.”

“Did I see a little streak in us and that we want to show he’s not a loss to us? Yes.”

“They know what they have to do. They must be fools if they don’t know that Andy going is an opportunity for them.”

“Opportunity comes in certain paths, and we need everybody to come to the fore.”

Alan has already confessed that the mood yesterday during training at the Benton Training grounds was not great – there was disillusionment all around –  as the players themselves will have been disappointed and shocked that one of their own had left the club, or been sold by the club – or whatever.

Alan continued:

“The mood wasn’t great, but it’s about us and seeing if we are strong enough.“ “We wish Andy all the best, but we need to see this season through and get the best possible finish.

“Then we rebuild in the summer.” “There is disillusionment in everybody.” “From the masseur to our best player – you can’t hide it.”

“Liverpool have gained Suarez and Carroll, Chelsea have gained Torres and we haven’t gained a striker in the process.”

“The reaction time was too short to get somebody good enough and that’s what it’s about – getting somebody good enough.”

“That’s been made clear by Mike Ashley.” “This club only got relegated two years ago and finances have to be in order.”

“I think he’s made it clear.” “We’re going to have to replace Andy with two or three. In other areas we’re weak.”

And it was clear in yesterday’s news conference that Alan wanted no animosity to exist between Andy Carroll and himself, or Andy and the club, and he went out of his way to make that point very clear during the press conference.

And he has reiterated that sentiment today:

“My final words to him were such that he knew I didn’t want him to go. I think I made that clear to him.

“I sold Darren Bent when I was at Charlton and I’m good friends with him still. I hope I’m good friends with Andy next time I see him.”

We need a win tonight, that’s the only thing that really matters right now.

Howay The Lads!!

• WesJameson

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Good friends with that woman beater???? You must be having a Fekking laugh Alan, surely?? Can’t stand the site of that long haired pr!ck!!!!! Whats next Andy??? Don’t forget that scouse woman hit back mate

• dublin mag steve

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

yes ed finally some sense screw andy dl ma liverpool chelsea the whole lot NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB are in action tonight and need our support so come on lads 3 points please and lets all move on.

• supermacnumber9

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Players come players go – NUFC will allways be there
    Have we all forgotten the George Eastham court case?
    Does anyone else remember the fuss when local heroes Keith Dyson & Alan Suddick were sold – both to Blackpool, at least we got Tony Green for Dyson.
    By the way, do we now play without a number 9?
    And what are the odds on a hat-trick for Best tonight and Liverpool deciding they bought the wrong CF?

• mattnufc

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

As long as we spend that money on quality players I dont mind. 35 mil for one player is a hell of a lot. We can rebuild to become a strong team next year.

• boater

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Shot bru – the 7 mil for hernandez is an opportunistic comparison.

The rest I agree with.

Remember, Carroll is a big brand/marketing coup for any club. The new pin-up bad boy no. 9 of english football. Signings like him reinvigorates supporters, generate TV deals abroad, sell tickets and a hell of a lot of shirts too.

From a footballing point of view, it’s not the end of the world for us. People kept saying he was a throw ‘back’. I would argue – there are plenty of players in his mould in the lower divisions,, a suped up rob hulse, who rode the wave of being in a team with a fantastic spirit, that after all enabled Kevin Nolan to break his league scoring record just HALF WAY through this campaign.

I repeat, the worse thing about this window, was the failure to find 1 or 2 decent wingers, a striker to play WITH a big man and essential left full back cover. There is no excuse for that whatsoever, and don’t let this topic disguise that.

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM

What’s everyones team for tonight?I’d go for harps
    Simps,colo,wilko,toro
    Jonas,nolan,barton,lover
    Best,ranger
    Yes I dropped ameobi, and guthrie, and yes I would play lover as a left winger, coz moving jonas to the right means barton is around to toughen up the middle.

• lewman

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM

we just need barton to continue making good players look like they are worth 35 million, if we can do that then we will be ok and hold on to our great midfielders and great defenders, its not all about a very good striker when we have better players still left.

• lewman

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

is tiote still banned?

• GEORDIE69

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

supermacnumber9 – And what are the odds on a hat-trick for Best tonight and Liverpool deciding they bought the wrong CF

I will offer you 200-1 mate!

• supermacnumber9

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

And I for got about local hero Pop Robson being sold to West Ham – I was upset until cup final day when it as announced we had bought a young lad from Luton to replace him (his name escapes me for the moment).
    Someone must lead the line tonight – wish him luck, encouage him – he knows it his chance and we need him to do well – so stop moaning and cheer him on!

• GEORDIE69

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Lewman, Aye Tiote is still banned! Last game tonight.

• lewman

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

feels like he has been out forever, atleast he will be back in time to out muscle song and co at the weekend

• BeeGuy

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Can’t help but wonder if the word was out among the players and agents that AC was off, so no one was going to come in to a weakend side. Offering a long term contract to Barton is a ploy to invite those on their last legs to get a few more paid years at Newcastle. Bring in those just good enough to keep the team in the EPL. Good place for a youngster to sign up at the academy as you will know you can get to a good team if you shine.

I’m concerned NUFC will get thrashed today.

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Yes, or he would have been first name on my team sheet lol. Back next game though, and we miss him even more than carroll!

• supermacnumber9

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:02 PM

GEORDIE69 – more like 250-1 – but football defies all logic, even if he scores in a 1-0 win the sun will shine tomorrow

• BiffBaffBoff

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Tiote back for Arsenal game to give fabregas a lesson in miedield 😉

• BiffBaffBoff

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

midfield*

• Shot Bru

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM

boater..i should’ve qualified my comparison by saying that we could now start scouting for players of hernandez’s ilk and price range. The scout we currently have seems to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to unearthing players suitable to the premier league which don’t cost an outrageous amount of money. Regarding Carroll i really don’t care how he does from now on….there is one thing i do know is that the price tag is gonna be like a monkey on his back from the get go…plus his private life will be firmly under the microscope…can he cope with it….i have my doubts.

• lewman

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM

thought you were speaking in german there for a second biff

• tunneytoon

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Simpson-will-coll-Jose
    Barton-Nolan-guthrie-jonas
    Ameobi-best

Maybe loven in for best

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

@tunneytoon, fair enough, sticking to what’s been tried.

I just worry that guthrie gives the ball away too much. And amoeba is still lazy.

I think he will probably start with what you have there though. I’d just like to see something different while players are missing.

• Ryan_NUFC88

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM

It won’t be long before AC gets himself in trouble, when he goes down the Bigg Market etc he is around the toon army who all adored him you wait for him to go out in Liverpool he’ll get loads of shit fom evertonians etc plus the normal riff raff wouldn’t suprise me if he doesn’t settle in and is beggin to come back in a a year or so…

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Still people talking about AC here! Isn’t there a game or something tonight?

• JaydanGeordie

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Time to give Nile Ranger a proper chance tonight, partner him at front with Shola or Best.

• lesh

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Your so right Markaccus, there is a game toninght and another at the weekend and another……

Can’t we just drop the topic of AC – it’s becoming like a running sore! Stop it and get behind the lads – they need to know that Newcastle United was not and is not a one man club!

• tunneytoon

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Markaccus- i agree but i think that ranger is a goos sub to bring on to stretch the defence also guthrie has hit a bit of form since the sunderland game, maybee our strikers can step up and prove that we wont miss carroll as much as people on here are saying

• wynsleap

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I’m fully convinced that Ranger could make us all forget about Carroll if he was given more game time as I’m certain this lad has what it takes to be the next ‘big thing’ for us.
    Play him Pardew, give him some confidence and the goals will come.
    Maybe another £35 mill. in a couple of years time for the Controller’s crap tables?