Pardew – Geordie Passion Surpassed Even My Expectations

News this morning that the Newcastle allocation for Saturday’s game at Blackburn has now been sold out – well that’s hardly a surprise after the Newcastle heroics against Arsenal.

This is Newcastle United Passion

So it looks like there will be 5,000 screaming mad Geordies at the Darwen End, for Saturday’s very important game with Blackburn Rovers.

We need to settle a score there, because Blackburn beat us 2-1 at St. James’ on Wednesday, 10th November, when we gave away two soft goals.

The sell-out for Saturday is hardly surprising since the club have been selling out their away allocations all season long.

And Alan Pardew has been astonished at the Geordie pride and passion shown since he arrived on Tyneside.

And we are truly hoping he will be like Chris Hughton before him, and be inspired to work his socks off to make Newcastle United into a successful side again. 😀

This is what Magpies manager Alan Pardew said today:

“We saw what a difference our passionate fans can make when their support helped us to come back against Arsenal and it’s going to give us a big boost when we come out of the tunnel at Blackburn and see so many fans backing us.”

“It’s another example of the passion of this football club’s supporters. Since I’ve been here, they have not only lived up to everything I’d been led to believe about them, but surpassed it. They’re something else and we’ll look to reward that following with a performance to match.”

Newcastle are simply the best supported club in football, and that’s the way it’s always been.

That’s the truth, and the support is so passionate,  the fans can even create a miracle from their side – as was witnessed last Saturday.

Howay The Lads!!

• skutball1892

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

The atmosphere last saturday was unreal, even at 4-1 down the noise was unbelievable. I honestly think I’m so lucky to be born a Newcastle supporter, “Proud to be a Geordie, we’ll support you ever more”

HTL

• cgrizzly87

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Been alot of slow news days recently…

• Jimay

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I’ve been a fan for many many years and I’ve experienced many sad moments but also very good ones with this club.

Unfortunatly, I’m an oversea fan so I don’t attend that many games but the atmosphere at SJP use to be unbelievable and that’s why I travel to see as many games I can afford for a season. Love going there !

• Markaccus

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I think everyone is waiting to see who the player is we’re signing today. People who post regularly on these articles seem to trust someone called ‘craigcoozy’. Does he work at the ground or somthing? He said there’s an agent there.

• skutball1892

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM

@Markaccus

He works at a hotel in Jesmond I think, and most of the time the players and agents check into that hotel a couple of days before they sign. He was right about Perch I know that, can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head 🙂

• Markaccus

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Ah well, like I say from what I can tell he’s been right a few times, so let’s hope for some news soon, as long as its not a crap player :p

• Dennis Twice

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Toonarmy will love Kuqis attitude…and he can make few goals to us, i`m sure about that…so yes WELCOME MAN!

..if he gets chance in front of 52.000….he`ll give everything…and more…110%

• Stuart

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

he was right about Ireland aswell like Markaccus.

He’s been right quite a few times over the past few windows.

I think its a case of he see’s them or their agents checking into the hotel. Doesnt always mean the players will sign though.

• davybtoon

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

• cyprus

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Did he (craigcoozy) ever say what he does? Is he a manager or doorman or a cleaner or what? What’s he look like? Italian paparazzi, shady mafia, James Bond, slimy geezer in the background? The suspense…

• cyprus

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I know, if he told me then he’d have to shoot me

• ToonZiga

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I really hope i will one day make it to the game. Its one of my biggest wish to be at SJP when the best team is playing. Howay the lads

• Stuart

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Haha, i think he just works at the main desk or something. Although its probably more fun to imagine him as a shady gangster skulking around the hotel lol.

• lewman

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

he was right about gosling aswell, he doesnt say what he does but he often works nights there cyprus

• lewman

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

hopefully our french speakers can persuade that marveaux to come here, especially if we get gervinho aswell

• SG Wise Mag

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I wish I was at the stadium on sat to experience the atmosphere.
    Being in Singapore in Asia hlaf way round the world, I can only imagine what it would be like….

My goal in life would be to visit SJP, however old I may be….
    🙂

• dunzer1990

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Just been looking at a few of AP’s interviews on BBC such as the one directly after the Fulham game, the one before the Arsenal game and the one after the Arsenal game and there seems to be a recurring mantra going through the team and he talks alot about being strong and having resolve. I like what AP is doing and he seems to be getting the strong mentality into the team as shown by the character of the players after going 4-0 down to a side like Arsenal. If we remain strong to the end of the season I have no doubt that we will be sitting pretty come the end of the season. Keep up the good work Pards!

HWTL!!!!

• dunzer1990

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

looks like we might actually get a quality replacement for carroll…

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

What are the prices of games at SJP? what is the range?

• mattnufc

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

20-40 quid

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM

dunzer1990 // Feb 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Still a big believer that he will not come to us, as these kind of players like to go straight to the big clubs when get the chance and not continue fighting and trying to push a team forward.

Although, I hope that I am wrong because we need a great striker.

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:29 PM

thanks matt, and another question.

What is a better way to get to Newcastle. Lets say, from Holland (Amsterdam) or from London?

obviously there is the plain, but are there any trains or maybe some way to get to the city by a ship? a ferry?

I am trying to plan a first time to Newcastle, but I see that a straight ticket there cost around 700$(!!!!), on the other hand, a ticket to Amsterdam cost 300$.

• staffy

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM

mattnufc // Feb 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

20-40 quid

???whats a manu fan doing on the site.

• staffy

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Sorry mattnufc…I had me glasses off

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

staffy // Feb 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Can you explain? is that a high or a low price?

• GeordieGerman

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Prices vary depending on who we’re playing.

• newcastle29

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Oleg. Yes there is a ferry in to north shields and is cheap if booked in advance, say about £80 or even cheaper sometimes, the train is expensive!

• newcastle29

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM

oleg where would you be travelling from?

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Well. I won’t probably do this often as it is expensive for me (the traveling that is) So it doesn’t really matter for me if it is 20,30 or 60, I want to enjoy a game of my favorite team (And when I say enjoy, I just mean-watch them play, not expecting any 5-0 🙂 )

newcastle29

What is the name of the ferry? Are you talking about the DFDS seaways ferry?

• newcastle29

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM

@oleg yes from the english site i see its about £110 for a three day return.

• newcastle29

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

@ oleg where would you fly from?

• Oleg G

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Yeah, it is about 110, the cheap ones.

newcastle29 // Feb 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Well, if I will go it will be:
    Tel Aviv – Amsterdam – Newcastle
    or
    Tel Aviv – London – Newcastle

I think those are my two best options.
    Although there are some more cheap flights to France, Spain and Germany so… But I don’t want to save some money just to spend 12 hours on a train or something. It is just a dream right now.

• GeordieGerman

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Oleg G, I always have this problem. If I was a Londoner I would save a fortune in flights. It’s one of the reasons I was hoping England would get the WM. I was hoping people would see the North East, fall in love and make the North East a holiday destination. Thereby pushing flight costs down.

• newcastle29

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM

@oleg what about tel Aviv – malaga – newcastle?

• lesh

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM

newcastle29 // Feb 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM

@oleg what about tel Aviv – malaga – newcastle?

If you’re offering freebies, I’ll have Malaga please. If you could make it an e-ticket and give me the details, I’ll pick it up at the airport!

That’s the hols sorted out already!