Shefki Kuqi Proud And Honored To Be At Newcastle – Video

Newcastle’s new loan signing, 34 year-old  Shefki Kuqi, has admitted he is honored and proud to be part of Newcastle United through the end of the season.

Shefki Kuqi – flying into Newcastle United

Newcastle announced earlier this morning that Kuqi has signed for Newcastle as a free agent on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

The 34 year-old has played over 500 first class club games, and has close to 150 goals in his career and has represented Finland 62 times.

Shefki will be used as an impact striker for Newcastle, in the remaining 13 league games, and he is a tall and powerful forward, who stands 6’2″ tall, and gives his all in every single game.

The 34-year-old seems honored to have joined such a famous club as Newcastle United, as he told Sky Sports News:

“I got a phone call from my agent last week who said there might be a possibility to go there to Newcastle and when I heard this I was over the moon,”

“In the beginning it was hard to believe, but in the end it all came true.” “I don’t really have the words to describe how happy I am. To get this chance is a massive thing for me.”

“I am just happy to be here now and I can’t wait to start and hopefully try to do the best I can for Newcastle United.”

“For me, it is a great opportunity just to be back in the Premier League again. It is something I have tasted before.”

“Everybody knows it is the best league in the world and to be part of it and a club the size of Newcastle United, I am really proud. It’s an honor to be here.”

Here’s the Sky Sports video of Shefki talking about coming to Newcastle United.

Note: This will be last article for a while today – as I’m off to hospital to have what may be a tricky operation on  my right foot, to remove a floating bone spur.
Should be back within six to nine hours, all being well, and since I’ll be drugged up with pain medication – if the articles are weird – you know why. 😀
Thanks.

• jettson

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM

whoooppeee!!!!

• beadyeyesbb

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM

hope op goes smoothly ed!

• ginkoh

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM

All I can say is good luck. fly ! kuqi fly ! HWTL !

Best wish to you too, Ed. Hope you will be better soon.

• CT

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM

ED,does that mean you won`t be fit for selection on Sat against B`burn?
    All the best!

• JohnnyBrookes

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I bet he can’t believe it!! I genuinely would have preferred Robert.

• AndyMac

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Lets hope you’re back in the swing of things very soon 🙂

Meanwhile Kuqi is shlte……………………….but I suppose he’s our shlte now 🙂

• cg

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM

speedy recovery Ed!

• jimmymagpie

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Take care ed – look forward to seeing you back!

• TIO TIO TIOTE

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Good luck with the op. hope all goes well!!

• G

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Well, I didn’t want him, but he’s here now, he will be wearing our colours, so welcome onboard Shefki. Lets get behind him when he gets on the pitch boys.

• thebenarfashow

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Sad news the FA have, as expected, deleted my BOOM BOOM Cheick Cheick the Room Video. I have one life left after that my account will be deleted so I cant risk making anymore videos.

Thanks for watching.

Id love to start a petition to try and stop the FA from doing this as I feel its wrong. Videos like this should be free to share. It was my creation and is part of our clubs history!

HWTL

• ToonLegend

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Good Luck with the Op ED

• YANICK MALTA NUFC

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Speedy recovery ED 🙂

This is the best site to read all about Newcastle United.We’r always updated with what’s going on, big thanks to you ED

• Davies

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Aye, hope that goes alright, Ed. Enjoy the medication.

Regarding the new lad, I suppose we’ll have to wait and wee what he can do.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM

We have signed RESNOV from COD: Black Ops!!

• toonruz

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM

this bloke would not get a game for gateshead or blyth spartons , a joke

• toonruz

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM

COCKNEY MAFIA OUT

• Geordiedoonsooth

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Ed painful I had some floating bone removed from my knee. No footie for a while. As for Kuqi I would rather have given some of the youngsters a chance than someone like him but there you go he’s with us now & hope he scores loads of goals.

• toonruz

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Geordiedoonsooth
    wishfull thinking he couls not score in a brothell

• dave 1961

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM

• toonruz

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM

the bloke is crap he never been good pawdew is a crap manager

• dave 1961

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Should have added £9.99+£5.50 UPS

• bobby jay

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Angryman LMFAO I said the same to my mate last night

• komfort

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM

a master-stroke by pardew..by putting this corpse on the bench it will make the rest of foward line feel like world beaters..

does it now make me feel any better about pardew ?…nope he’s still a complete w@nker in my eyes.

• Stuart

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM

What did you expect toonruz?

Last time I checked Rooney, Drogba, Benzema etc werent free agents.

He did the best with the sh+t that was there.

Get behind him, you never know, he might just surprise you.

• jettson

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM

All the best with operation Ed, im sure you be back up and writing articles in no time!!

• NorseMag

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM

To those calling for youngsters getting a chance up front; who do want to play? I mean since Vickic (really a midfielder) and Airey (16) aren’t even fit.

What unknowns supertalents do we have that can do a job? Since I’m living in Norway, I don’t get to see the reserves or the U-18s so I don’t know.

• Puppet Pardew

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Hello Mr Komfort@24,

I sincerely hope you are not questioning my professional integrity? There are still some scallywags on this blog who don’t see me as the best thing that has happened to this club since Bill McGarry, hard to believe but true!

Listen, sucker, it was always my term aim to get rid of Carroll and replace him with Kuqi, ask Lord Ashley if you don’t believe me. His worship the most high Lord thinks it’s a great idea, as does Count Llambias, and that’s really what matters. And for you rinformation we have similar plans in place for Barton, Enrique, Colo, Jonas and Tiote, so there!! Then we can run the club on £50 pw wages in total and laugh at the new FIFA rules

Must run, more floors to scrub before I get 15 minutes break for sandwiches then another press conference. It’s busy, busy, busy as a marionette manager.

PP

• boater

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:03 PM

JOKE. Hahahaha.

What does this do for the profile of our club? Laughing stock, every week these days.

• Edd Case

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Give the bloke a chane I say.
    Who or what else can we sign currently?

A Brazilian mercenary or a proven player who will no doubt be a handfull for 10-20 mins at the end of a match?

Decent enough move by Pardew.

Wait til the summer to judge Pardew.

• hisnameisjonas

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM

@Geordiedoonsooth

who said the youngsters wont get a chance instead of kuqi? and wich youngster are you going to play when all are injuered? lualua, airey and vucic are all out for over a month, best and ranger got knocks against arsenal so only lovenkrands where 100% for the game against bburn. I think its a good move because i rather play kuqi upfront rather than no one, and when our other options on top get back from injury i bet he wont be playing much.

• bojous

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Best of luck with the op Ed, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Howay The Lads!

• Zangwill_Ho

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Haway the Ladd!!!!!!!

• SBRTheKing

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Cockney Mafia Out? PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THAT BS!!!

Guys, you havent even seen Kuqi in a NUFC shirt yet and you are already writing him off? Remember, he’s just to add to what we got! Tell me, what other options exactly did we have? Just give the lad a chance, if he comes and gives his all and knocks in a few goals i’ll be more then happy.

On another note, just a quick mention for you Ed good luck with the op! Hope all goes well, love this site keep up all the good work!

• tony green

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Wish the F-F-Flying F-F_Fin all the best but feel a bit like my dad’s driven off in my top of the range Ferrari and chopped it in for an ‘S’ reg Ford Capri 1300 (WITHOUT alloys!)…

All the best for the ‘op Ed.

Howay the lads!

• toonyoyo

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM

all right he’s not the best but lets lay off him as a group of supporters we are famous for getting behind OUR TEAM no matter what muppet is pulling the strings he is a player now and deserves a break at the end of the day he is a man doing a job give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to show us what he has got he might be a no name but there is not a queue of so called big names waiting to wear our strip so even if the fat clown allows pardew to spend 35 million who would we get we aint a glamour club anymore despite the support

• toonyoyo

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:18 PM

and all the best ed dont stay away too long

• daveyh

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM

i agree how many brazillians have done anything in the premier league they are mercenaries after making a fast buck.They play brilliantly in the brazillian league as youngsters, hope to get spotted come to europe on massive wages and with the exception of a few they do nowt as they can’t wait to get back home

• craigcoozy

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM

for the guys that doubted my info yday if you check this site out star management who sam stapleton works for they claim his as 1 of there signings

craigcoozy // Feb 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    Transfer news i think!! Player arriving today havnt got his name but his agent is sam stapleton!

• sammydolan

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Good luck to the lad, hopefully shows Ranger, Best & Sho how to score some goals.

Kick up the arse, just what they need.