Alan Pardew Making Big Improvements At Newcastle

Alan Pardew is reshaping the way the Newcastle club operates, at least on the playing side of things.

Alan Pardew – making improvements on the playing side

Alan has talked today about some of the things he is doing to improve things at the Newcastle  club, like getting under-soil heating installed at the Benton Training grounds,  and leaving a history of each game played, and what was done to prepare for it, and things of that nature. Sounds good to us.

It’s information that he thinks will be helpful to whoever the next manager will be at Newcastle United, and he says there wasn’t much there for him when he came in last December.

This is what Alan said to the Daily Mirror:

“You know this job and this club are all around you,”  “Wherever you go it’s a constant reminder.” “At West Ham, you can go into London and get lost and not be too bothered about it. Here, there’s no escape, there are questions about the team wherever you go. You’re never really far away from it.”

“To be honest I quite enjoy that saturation, so I’ve got no problem with it. I’ve really enjoyed a lot of this job – some days not so much, but for the most part I have.” “I still go back to my first week when I went into a petrol station at minus-three degrees and I bumped into one of our fans, a bloke of about 43, who had the full kit on and he was asking me questions. That took some beating.”

“You feel it’s a bigger job than I’ve had before in terms of the time I spend working at and around the club. The transfer window, being the club we are, was particularly difficult but it’s settled down a bit now and I’m looking forward to having a bit more preparation time with the team.” “We’ve got a nice run-up now to the Bolton game and then another week to Everton.”

“I’ve read up a little on what’s gone on in the past, looked at stuff in and around the training ground – reports and stuff on games – and I’m trying to install a system now that whoever comes in after me has every bit of evidence.”

“I’ve found that wanting if I’m honest, so we report on every game, the build-up, the training, little things that happen – if a player pulled out late, why did it happen? – so there will be some sort of history here for the next manager, which is important given the size of this club. It’s good to know what went on and what goes on here.”

“We’ve got to start the under-soil heating, for example, at the beginning of April, which is important. For three of my first eight weeks here we couldn’t train. That’s ridiculous. So little things like that we can put in place to make the club stronger going forward.”   “We’ve increased the staff. We have two more analysts working with the team now because I didn’t think there were enough analysts. We’ve got them studying the opposition, studying us, collaborating.”

“Obviously on the playing side we have John Carver and Willie Donachie up here now, as well as Peter Beardsley, Steve Stone, myself and Andy Woodman. So there’s a good structure here now to go forward.”

We wonder why Alan even talks about things for the next manager coming in – to make it easier for them?

After all since May of 2007, there’s only been 7 managers at Newcastle – Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton and Pardew.

But seriously, we hope Alan stays a long time on Tyneside, because if he does, it means the team is doing very well, and that’s all we want to see.

And he seems to be a good organizer of things, and is detailed in his preparation for each game, and he seems to be putting some things right at the club, and that’s good to see.

Note – We are running a poll on our home page about whether you think Mike Ashley will use the £35M in the summer to strengthen the Newcastle squad – please vote.

• free giveaways

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Because Chelsea paid £40m upfront for Torres, we received £30m up front for Carroll, and another £5m to come and a 25% sell on clause. An amazing deal.

• TimToon9

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Enough on the Carroll saga.. Please..

• toonry13

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

read that article as well. 30million up front and 25% sell on clause. is there another 5million that we receive in installments?

• Tom4Nufc

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Apparently its 6m in future add ons but it makes no difference… Fat Ash has driven a VERY good deal there!

• GeordieGerman

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM

35 million and 12 million for Enrique. That’s 47 million for the kitty. The next transfer window is where I can make a definite opinion about Ashley. As at the moment I’m in a right muddle.

• supermacnumber9

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM

yes, I was furious at the time, but it now looks like a very good deal for us and lunacy on Liverpool’s part
    HWTL

• Sav

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Its a very good deal as long as you don’t factor in what effect it has on the remaining playing squad. Not to mention long-suffering mugs like us.

• dunzer1990

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Yeah GeordieGerman you’re right I find myself having the same dilemma as to whether or not to back what Ashley’s doing or to dismiss it. The next transfer window will be very important indeed, and Ed wasn’t talking about the Carroll saga he was referencing the money aspect of it and highlighting what a great deal we got.

• super bartooon

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:33 AM

God bless hoots but this guy seems to know what he is doing every bit thankful what the hoot did for this club brought a couple of dissapointed players together and made them into real winners with desire on the other hand the tactical know how was found wanting with the irishman the long ball hoof upfield too dependant on bartons passing and carrolls prescence upfront so I’m kinda glad pards has taken over the mantle and as for mike ashley although countless times have I felt I’ve been pissed on roght on the face by his hierechy am still here giving him the benfit of the doubt if that money will be spent I’m sure it will be spent wisely.

• super bartooon

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:40 AM

God bless hoots but this guy seems to know what he is doing every bit thankful what the hoot did for this club brought a couple of dissapointed players together and made them into real winners with desire on the other hand the tactical know how was found wanting with the irishman the long ball hoof upfield too dependant on bartons passing and carrolls prescence upfront so I’m kinda glad pards has taken over the mantle and as for mike ashley although countless times have I felt I’ve been pissed on right on the face by his hierechy am still here giving him the benfit of the doubt if that money will be spent I’m sure it will be spent wisely. 12m Gervinho 4m Van Aanholt Sissoko6m( lb from lyon if Jose leaves) Stephen Ireland 5m Adel taarabt 7m Samba 6m
    …………….Harper
    Simpson….Samba…Collo……Sissoko
    ……………….Tiote……………….
    ………..Barton…..Nolan…….
    Ben Arfa…………….Taarabt
    ……………Gervinho………..
    Subs
    Foster Aanholt Taylor ireland best

• jasonbourne

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM

@super bartooon

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,……………………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Since don’t have any, borrow from me 😉

• solano

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Dunderhead, errr…sorry, Dunzer, and Geordie German…..how many times do you have to be bitten by the dog?…..if you haven’t made up your mind on Ashley yet, you need to be sectioned…………..