40 Points And Jose Will Negotiate New Deal At Newcastle

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has talked today about how he had Jose Enrique come to him yesterday, and the Spanish U21 player was upset  about the news being reported that he wanted to leave Newcastle.

Jose Enrique – upset about newspaper reports

Apparently that is not the case, and as Alan Pardew has said before, Jose wants Newcastle to be safe on 40 points, before his will renegotiate his contract on Tyneside:

The reports were single lines he had said, that were ripped out of context, and made to look like Jose wanted out of the famous Newcastle United club – but that seems not to be the case.

This is what Pardew told the Newcastle Journal today:

“Jose was upset about it on Thursday. He was upset with how it had been reported – he made that plain to me.”“I said to him ‘Look, it happens.’”

“It happens to me and I’m experienced with the media over my playing career and my time in management.”

“But the most important thing with the Jose Enrique situation is that it really hasn’t changed. We’re not safe and he doesn’t want to talk to us until we’re safe.”

“That is what we discussed yesterday. We will worry about the next game and I look forward to talking to Jose and his advisors when we’re safe.”

“But our immediate priority is to win the next game – and to get to the 40-point mark.”

So it looks like Newcastle need another 5 points to get to the magical 40 points, and the soonest we can do that is to win our next two games at home against Bolton and Everton, and that’s two weeks today when we play Everton.

But with just one year left on his contract and some big clubs after Jose – Manchester United and Liverpool being only two of them – it may still be hard for Newcastle to offer Jose a decent deal for him to stay.

And we now know it’ s not all over when he signs a new deal, just that his transfer fee will go up, but that wouldn’t stop a club coming in and bidding say £20M or higher for the Spanish star, and have the club accept the bid, or even have Jose force the deal through by requesting a transfer.

That’s the reality unfortunately now at the Newcastle club and in football, and the two Newcastle players in the spotlight in the summer will be Jose and the great Cheick Tiote.

Alan continued:

“We haven’t given up on keeping players at the football club – absolutely not,” “We’re going to try and compete to keep Jose but the reality is that it’s going to be difficult.”

“He has one year on his contract by the time the summer comes,  and in some ways the ball is in Jose’s court.”

“And he has a lot of control over the situation. I look forward to talking to him once we are safe.”

That statement doesn’t sound too promising to us, but it’s the reality in today’s world, and a lot of this also depends on the player himself, if indeed a big wage offer comes in for him over the summer, even is he signs a  new improved contract on Tyneside.

That’s just exactly what happened with big Andy, so there’s the precedent right there.

We just have to hope that Jose is sincere when he says he wants to remain at Newcastle, because he’s already been through some tough and trying times with the club, and come out triumphant – and that’s only one reasons why we love this lad so much.

• z4

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM

newcastle cross the 40 poit mark pronto……………….

• Irish Geordie1

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Ya sooner the better, then he’ll have no excuse…

• hebburntoon

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Lets all wait until the summer and give Ashley another chance?

He has asked you all to sign up for 10 year season tickets. Why?

Could it be that he wants to tie you all in again! and then Sh@t on you from a great hight.

If I’m wrong I will come back here and eat humble pie but a leopard doesn’t change its spots. Supporters have until the 28th Feb to get the Ten year deal and then he can do what he want’s in the summer

Toite
    Enrique
    Barton
    Jonas
    Collacini

will all be gone if anybody comes in for them.

I wouldn’t put it past them to give Kuqi an extended contract.

Well sign up to your 10 year plan and wait until the summer to see if Ashley has changed. like every summer he is sitting laughing his socks off at the daft geordie hordes he cant believe are taking this Sh@t

• dublin mag steve

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM

hebburbtoon @ no.3 nice positive comments thats what i like to see……………..! joswe to sign? now that would be positive it would certainly put a smile on this supporters face less of the negativit lads come on. HWTL.

• dublin mag steve

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM

sorry “jose”

• Tal_nufc4eva

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM

hebburntoon // Feb 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

^thats what you call a negative supporter right there^. call yourself a true fan? leave the negative comments and get behind the team!

• Tal_nufc4eva

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

i reckon if anyteam comes looking for our players we should ask for cash and a player or no deal . ..
    tbh out of the team we have the only people i want to see leave is james (donkey face) perch and campbell. i want to give xisco a chance! he needs playing time, its unfair to critisise him from the amount of time he played. the only time we can tell that he is **** and a waste of money is when we play him for more than 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

• amaze

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM

perch is still young, improving, versatile and cheap!
    we should get rid of smith, campbell, xisco and routledge.
    need to get a new CF unless smith, xisco or kuqi prove their worth. maybe a new winger
    most importantly we should spend the 35 mil to keep our current squad through new contracts.

• Sav

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Maybe he is sorry about how its been ‘misinterpreted’ but here’s what others are making of it …http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/liverpool-hopeful-of-signing-spanish-defender/?

• hebburntoon

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Wake up and smell the Roses!

Or will you say he’s got until january transfer window to prove he will spend.

He will sell any player as soon as possible and the sooner you relise he is in it for the money and doesn’t give a sH@t about the club the better.

I might be negative but I have seen nothing from the fat man to be positive about only Lies & spin

• giimps

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Hebburn ,I have just sent away my forms to accept the 3 season tickets i get, 1 for me my son and daughter, in total it has cost me £492 for all 3, spread over 12 months equates to £41 per month for 19 games that works out at about £9 per game each. This is guaranteed for 10 years, if and its a big if, we do not reinvest any monies paid into the club, I can cancel all 3 season tickets without penalty.
    I am giving the club my money because I believe in where the club is going, I believe that in 3 years, we will know a lot more about the intentions of Cashley, I hated him when we went down, for selling players and not replacing them…….which was part of the reason we got rlegated….now were a different animal…we have players who want to be here…..no little greedy shitehawks like Owen, Viduka etc, granted were not candidates for the league yet (probably never will be again) but were on a sound financial footing now and thats more than a lot of the rest of the prem league.
    When the sky money runs out……..sooner rather than later methinks, our club will be back where we belong because we have loyal fans who back the club…….not back the players or manager or owner but back the club.
    3 years and the sky money will drastically reduce IMHO and thats when things and the premier league will change.
    HWTL

• hebburntoon

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Gimmps

I understand what you have said @ no 11

But my feelings along with a load of Newcastle supporters are that he is taking us for a ride.

The Ten year plan is just another one of his schemes to make people pay up early before the summer and then do nothing in the transfer window.

Don’t get me wrong I love then club and it broke my heart to give up my season ticket, but I won’t be giving Ashley any more of my hard earned mony until he can prove to me and thousdand ‘s of supporters he mean’s business.

I honestly hope I’m proved wrong i really mean that but going on past experiance I unfortunatley don’t think I will be.

• Burni

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I don’t like the reading of this and I was saying that we need to wait til summer just the other day but it looks like the writings o. The wall from Jose here lads!

Pardew said that the reality of keeping him is goin to be very difficult! That is the worst thing any1 could say! Also in the actual article Enrique said that he loves the fans but there are too many broken promises at Newcastle and that he feels he won’t be able to play cl or for spain whilst he’s here!

I’m always on here telling people to be positive and wait til summer but that to me looks like it could already be true! not happy!

• leedodd

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM

The Very First Thing we need is to be safe in the league. If the Players Love The Club They will stay – Jose if he leaves will have to proove his worth at another club – watch carroll he will be crap at liverpool this season – he was crap for england as he didnt have Nolan Of Jonas Feeding Him. If we have £35 – 40 million to spend we can get into europe or win a cup next season – thats what we need – …. Joey and Jose to sign in March and then get some big Guns in for Next Season – Quality Centre Forward or 2 – Not Ranger and Shola – I Think Leon Best Is Ok Now- he has a Few Games and Goals under his Belt – I am afraid Lovenkrands is Either a Championship or Scottish Team Player Now !!!!!!

• leedodd

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Who Is Going to Be Daft Enough to Sign Up for a 10 Year Deal With Ashley and Lambias In Charge ?? No One !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mat Nufc

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM

10 years freeze in season ticket prices and you can opt out without penalty..still such invites negative comments.

i think it is a good deal for both supporters and the club. the club gets the money which they could reinvest in whilst supporters need not worry about price increase.

• nufc1984

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hebburntoon and the rest of the doom and gloom lot- from looking into the 10 year plan as you call it, we don’t have to sign up for ten years, but If you keep on renewing your season ticket yearly for the next ten years the price will stay the same. no contracts and as club officials said we can pull out at any time at the end of any season. Hardly the club trying to screw us over is it? Even with the best intentions they still get slagged off for trying to con us!

• hebburntoon

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM

nufc1984

As I said above

I hope i’m wrong, but i have this gut feeling he is taking the p

Give the mob something i.e ticket freeze for ten years.

And every year when it’s time to renew and there’s been no investment in the team you will have a choice? stump up your money hoping that after all the bulls@*t they will spout before renewel time will come true or smell the roses as I did and tell them to Pi@*%ff

How many years off Mike Ashley before people wake up.

What will it take!

• nufc1984

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I understand your point hebburntoon but Ashley has made some decisions recently which have only benefited th club.in any business some decision will be unpopular. but he’s got the balls to make the big calls and stuff what people think. it might not endear him to us as fans but in the end if the club is better off financially and better in playing department than it was then no one can criticise. There will still be people out there who would love us to be making marquee signings and paying extortionate wages, but ashley learned quickly in relegation season that you can pay over the odds for players/wages and end up getting screwed! I for one am happy that we no longer spend millions on wages and transfers that we can’t afford. but saying that he now has the Carroll money and has promised this money will be spent properly so we just have to wait till summer and see.

• thepict

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I’d rather have ma at the club than shepherd . Simples

• coolcatcarter89

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hebburntoon – fans like you seriously annoy me. Are you some sort of paranoid megalomaniac? Trying to impose your benighted views on others? people are ‘awake’, we know the situation. The proof will be this summer, ipso-facto!

• RUNAWAY777

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:44 PM

hebburntoon ,spot on mate would not get sucked in to 10 years with that fat twat,and for you Tal_nufc4eva your the mug that keeps ashley hear by filling his pockets (MUG)

• Party Tyne

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM

hebburn youre missing the point here. You say ashley just wants the money in fast, but infact the season ticket payments are more spread out than ever, your reasons for negativity towards ashley are completely wide of the mark on this occasion. With a 10 year price freeze and chance to opt out after any season I cannot see any reason why any supporter would complain at this.

• giimps

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I think there will always be half empty and half full people in life, I am a half full person in some situations, half empty in others sometimes I just cant decide.On this occasion though I am undecided, and will not make up my mind judged on other peoples bloggs, nor would I expect anyone to make any decisions based on mine alone.What i will say though is …when Sheppard and the halls left/sold up we were within about a year if not less from going bust as a club IMHO.
    When fat cashley came in he must have had kittens when he saw the extent of the finances and put in place his own money and business accumen to work to stabilise the club.
    He gambled on having enough players and passion to survive ..and lost.
    He tried to sell up but kept putting cash into the club and helped us get promoted by keeping some of the players who wanted to stay, and investing in players who wanted to come.
    Were in the prem now and in a much better financial position than we have ever been in as long as we stay in this league. Were playing well as a team (not unbeatable but holding our own) and we should survive with ease.
    Is he the right man to take the club forward?
    I dont know and only time will tell,but…it`s in his best interest to get this club back up and into the higher echelons of the prem, as this brings in higher revenue.
    I think we have the team ethic and players to bring this club forward, the youth setup and reserve team are nearly ready to step up to the next level.
    Things like the undersoil heating at the training ground being put in place and the way Pards is now recording training data and match data for every match, so there is a record of everything to do with all levels of the club…..this is not the actions of a man who wants to screw us, this seems to me the actions of a man who either wants to build us back up to the team we once were to compete with the big boys or…. to make us as saleable as possible.
    Either way, if we are competing with the big boys and being run soundly we will be either sold to someone or enjoying european football again, and thats gotta be good news for us fans.
    All for the princely sum of £27 per match for me and my 2 kids.
    HWTL

• wynsleap

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I’ve got to say that I agree with pretty much of what Hebburntoon says.
    Someone (a pro-Ashley man) on another blog said that Shepherd had conned Ashley when selling the club. All I can say is that it doesn’t say much for the Controller’s business acumen if that were the case.
    Just how switched on is our owner?
    I for one do not think Ashley has a “plan” for this club unless it’s to get his money back ASAP and sell it (oh were that true!).
    What WILL give us all a clue is if he sells nobody of real worth in the summer and makes some good quality purchases. (NB I am not suggesting overpriced and overpaid performers like Luque, Boumsong, Owen etc.)
    I firmly believe however that he will balance his transfer books yet again by disposing of some players for whom he “couldn’t turn down such an offer”.
    I would love to be proved wrong but like Hebburntoon and others, I have my sincere doubts. What I DO know is that all the Ashley supporters on here will still be defending him thinking it is all part of “the plan”. We may be the best supporters in the country but by God we are also the most gullible. And he knows it.

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I agree and disagree with most of the posts here. The answer I have to everyone on Ashley is lets wait and see what happens this summer. Come September we will all know EXACTLY what this guy is thinking. I am neither for him nor against him. I am just dying for summer to come so we can all know his true intentions.

We just have to be patient. Just a few more months and we’ll all know where Fat Ash is taking us.

• solano

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Hebburntoon is spot on! Those of you who still can’t make up your minds about Ashley…what will it take for you to realise he’s here to take your money and sell anybody for profit! It makes my blood boil at how naiive you can be….want some reasons for my cynicism? Errrh….1) Treatment of KK, 2)appointment of Wise 3)Kinnear4)relegation 5)profit in every transfer window 6)sacking of Hughton,7)sale of AC when it was ackowledged by all we needed bodies in!! There’s just a few….why is it such a good deal that you could be paying the same amount to watch a team that sells all its good players and could very realistically be relegated? This shouldn’t even be a debate….if the fans would just wake up we could have got rid of this joker a long time ago…..and don’t give me the “sound financial footing” garbage……he’s raping the club for every penny and he’s paid no debt off…merely re-financed on the mortgage….and he wants the whole lot back….that’s why nobody would meet his astronomical asking price! There is no ambition and no plan for the way forward for this club. Been a supporter for 30years and watched them at 60 different grounds…and I won’t go back to the place I love until there is a change in regime.With that off my chest….I await your counter arguments!!

• solano

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM

The Pict (20)…”simples”……is that an admission of your mental health?

• nufc90

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:41 PM

lads there’s a difference here.. if enrique goes its because jose enrique wants to go. if ashley wants to sell him maximum profit he would have his contract tied up. no matter what anyone says we could not afford to reject the carroll bid..look at other clubs even man utd’s hand was forced ronaldo to real madrid, etc. i think money will be spent in the summer for the RIGHT players and not just thrown about on anyone. i agree with this and support this and hope carr finds another few bargains like tiote and ben arfa

• nufc90

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:48 PM

did anyone really think we’d get a replacement for carroll once everyone had seen how much we banked?
    i know if i was a chairman i woulda been adding an extra 5mil onto the value of my players, knowing a club had 35mil to spend with only a few hours left in the window.
    i am sure replacements will be brought in in the summer.
    would people rather have it how it was under shepherd? on verge of folding like a pack of cards..i know i personally would rather see the club in healthy profit doing well

• John Hoy

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:00 AM

JP from the rock………

“I agree and disagree with most of the posts here”

How does that work?

• Puablos Gilbertos

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I have signed up for my season ticket for the 2011-2012 seasn. Cant see the downside, no interest no arrangemeent fee, payments spread of 12 months and if I am happy in Feb 2012 I can sign uo for the 2012-2013 season at the same price.
    I support NUFC, regardless of how I feel about whoever is the owner, chairman or latest player I will not waver.
    For those of you who are looking for a conspiricy in this 10 year deal, keep looking, stop being negative and get behind the club. Ashley’s goals are the same as mine, successful team = great satisfaction for me and bigger numbers in the profit column for him. I have no problem with that whatsoever. The last owner and Shepheard really robbed us blind, thats the truth.

• hadthetshirt

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

@ Gimps post11 you sir have just made my mind up cheers.
    As for the doom and gloomers,we hear Quinn bleating on about how disappointed he is in the mackems not going to games and how it’s affecting the club.Now how many of you watch the toon games via pub or links on here myself included.Maybe Ashley wants a full stadium not just for his back pocket but to keep our heads above the water.He has made mistakes but he isn’t a billionaire for nothing.We all make mistakes and learn from them.If like a canny few of you seem to want we boycott the games how is that going to help the team long term.I am not a fan of Ashley but love my team.Who can blame him if he wants some of his money back.As lon as he spends the 30 million in the summer and gets rid of the dead wood.Away to find my hard hat for the incoming flack :O

• solano

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM

The point is nufc90, jose enrique strikes me as being one of the more decent characters around in the game and I genuinely believe he would like to stay if the club show some ambition in wanting to make an impact in the League…we are one of the few clubs who can actually make that leap up to challenge with the very best (we’ve done it before!) but Ashley’s record shows that he is not willing to build up anything..we can’t just hope that when a good players leaves we will find another in the “bargain bucket”. The actual quality in our squad is extremely thin and mainly full of Championship players and youngsters….we can’t absorb the impact of losing anymore “quality”.
    To those of you “self righteous” brothers who “love your team”…. I don’t!! For the most part it is full of inflated ego’s and dross not fit to wear the shirt…HOWEVER, I love my club and my city….I don’t get turned on by Mike’s balance sheet and net profit and trying to compete with the Stoke’s of this world…and yes, I am calling for a boycott…a growing number of us are staying away….have a look next year at the increased away support and the ever-increasing gaps around the ground…then look at Derek and Mike smiling in the Milburn and wonder where all that money went…..it won’t be on the pitch

• solano

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Puablos Gilbertos….Rob me blind and give me Champions League football in the San Siro under Shepherd anyday mate….Ashley gave us Scunthorpe!