Pardew Hoping To Get Some Respect From Newcastle Fans

The 49 year-old Newcastle manager Alan Pardew just wants to get a little respect from Newcastle fans this season.

Alan Pardew – some respect when I come homeyeah baby

This is what Alan has said he would like to achieve this season:

“The only thing I want from this season is to gain some respect from the Newcastle fans,”

“I don’t expect them to love me, or think that I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread.”

“I think I have got something a little bit different as a manager, and I can make the team a success with the brief that I have.”

“I think the summer’s very important for us, but we’ve got to get there first. Let’s walk before we can run.”

Pardew has done some good communicating with the Newcastle fans over the last couple of days, and that’s one massive plus he’s got.

Alan seems to be an excellent communicator, and that’s good because owner Mike Ashley is the exact opposite. In fact you could make a case for Mike to be the worst communicator possible – because he never says anything!

Alan doesn’t try to pretty things up and make them seem better than they really are, either, which is why he seems realistic and down to earth, and has  quickly gained the support of the Newcastle squad.

Alan has also come across so far as a very good coach, with the Newcastle defense looking a lot better than it was last year, and the team looking very well organized on the field of play

But of course the major thing, the proof of the pudding is in the eating – and it will depend very much on how the lads do over these remaining 11 games of  the season, six of which are  at home.

If Newcastle can do well in those games, and maybe gets  into the top eight in the Premier League, , then things should be buzzing on Tyneside over the summer transfer window, when we’ll be linked with every player put up for sale – and those that aren’t put up for sale.

Alan has already said he will be going after some big money players this summer – and we hope that turns out to be the case.

With Alan as the Newcastle manager, it’s so far so good, and the lads are doing very well at the moment.

But of course we need to keep that up, and a win this afternoon against a very good Bolton side, is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Howay The Lads!!

• z4

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM

we gotta win against bolton today…………………HWTL

• Ciaran Thomas

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I have respected him from the start.

• Marty-Toon

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Preview of todays game 🙂

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM

This man wants respect after:

Saying Carroll ain’t for sale at any price, was condition of me taking job, I assure he’s going nowhere…….changing to……… I said all those things about Carroll as a TACTIC to ward off interest! (In my book he’s a Liar!)

Saying Hughton’s name wrong on purpose in the Press conference! People pronounced CH’s name right when asking him about Hughton, why couldn’t he? (cos he’s a w@nker)

Saying we can’t hold on to our best players for the next 3 years till finances are sorted! (even though it is clear we should be making a healthy profit this yr in Prem, even without Carroll money. Seems to me like he’s not being honest and trying to help Ashley sell whoever he wants in the summer & trying to minimize the backlash by telling us now!)

I don’t like the man and think he is a despicable human being! I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS COME THE SUMMER AND THE CLOSE OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW THEN! Probably more lies and spin by Pardew on behalf of Ashley!

• kev

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Pards is doing all right by me, and to be honest, I don’t want to hear anything from the owner, theres too many owners and chairmen who try and grab the limelight when they know nothing about football.

Im only interested in what the Manager says, does, buys, sells and how the team progresses. At the moment Pards has not done a lot wrong.

I don’t get off on finding fault in everything, or finding ulterior motives in all that is said and in many cases not said.

• Markaccus

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Jonas, with all due respect, that is the most utterly contrived pile of nonsense i have seen written. He was forced to sell Carroll, so how does that make him a liar. Give him a f****ng chance, he’s doing ok. Manufacturing reasons to hate him is ridiculous.

• geoff777

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Since Pardew took over the squad is weaker but Ashley is richer …

He’s made promises he hasn’t kept.

He’s criticised a number of younger payers in the press and made a nasty uncalled for comment about Wayne Routledge not being good enough for NUFC.

Brought Gosling back too fast too soon.

Lost in the 3rd round of the cup to a lower league team.

He was caught up that horrible fiesta of greed on the last day of the transfer window. If he’d put his job on the line to keep his promises to the fans perhaps Ashley would have told Carroll he was under contract to NUFC and sent Carroll back to Benton and his agent off the premises.

Respect … not a hope for one hell of a long time.

Pardew is deep in negative territory on my respect meter.

• lewman

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM

@ jonas18 we may make a profit this year but it will not be enough to put the club in the black and i think pardew was surprised as much as us when carroll left.

also he may not be a great guy in your opinion but he is hardly a despicable human being considering we have the likes of dick cheney and robert mugabe walking this earth.

• Markaccus

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Jonas, what a load of rubbish. Your statement is utterly contrived and twisted and adds up to nonsense. If being forced to do something he didn’t want to do (sell carrol) makes him a liar, then everyone who has ever had anything to do with football is a liar, since everyone is forced sometimes to do something they don’t want to.
    Sir bobby robson had to do things he said he didnt want to do, are you calling the greatest man ever to grace football a liar?
    The fact is you have no real reasons to hate pardew, so youre making them up

• Markaccus

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:50 PM

sorry didnt realise my first post had worked, because i didn’t cover my foul language. sorry ed.

• thetoonarmybarracks

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:52 PM

He is rapidly gaining my respect

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM

@geoff777

PRECISELY! You added a few others that I forgot to put on my list!

He is way down in the negative territory on my respect list too!

I can’t believe he came out bashed Routledge like that publicly! And aye same on Ranger and Routledge! Why can’t he keep such negative views in house? I swear it will be his downfall if he continues on that path!

I’m glad to hear routledge making noises that he’s coming back to FIGHT for his NUFC career and show he’s good enough!

I just can’t believe a winger that gave Ashley Cole the runaround, skinned him so many times and made him look like a below average Left Back at SJP this season is not good enough for NUFC & the Perm!

All Routledge needs to work on is at his crossing, and making sure that he releases the ball earlier. Jonas has improved his crossing immensely. Why can’t Routledge?

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM

@geoff777

PRECISELY! You added a few others that I forgot to put on my list!

He is way down in the negative territory on my respect list too!

I can’t believe he came out bashed Routledge like that publicly! And aye same on Ranger and *ENRIQUE! Why can’t he keep such negative views in house? I swear it will be his downfall if he continues on that path!

• kakaobi

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Pardew won my respect after the Carroll saga, he did his best to keep him but it was out of his hands. I admit i didn’t want him and didn’t like him but he has shown me i was wrong to judge too early. Give him a chance.

• ToonBry

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Markaccus you are right fella! I totaly agree. Infact many times Sir Bobby (bless his soul) said things to us fans that later he went back on. Thats just football. Pardew has done amazingly well since coming here. I love the guy for how hes took over the toughest club to manage in the world with such dignity. He has also never taken credit for anything and always puts praise and credit to and on hughton.
    Jonas you are clearly a man with the same amount of brain power that i have in my gooch

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM

@Markkus,

I’m not making those things up. THEY HAPPENED!

PARDEW SAID THOSE THINGS!

He changes his tune to it was all a tactic to ward off interest! FFS the man is full of $h!7e

Promise were broken Jose Enrique said recently. Wonder what promises they were?

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Pardew never takes credit for anything eh?

Really. Just like he distances himself from the players when we lose in his post match interviews, talking about ‘them’ but when we win it’s ‘we and us’

Pardew didn’t have a sly dig at Hughton by basically saying his tactics and football were better, mentioning Hughton by name, a few weeks ago did he?

I’m not making anything up! You can all find Pardew’s conflicting quotes in local papers.

Carroll being sold doesn’t make Hughton sacking make a bit more sense does it? Especially after he was sacked people were saying the reason that Carroll was going. We all know what happened on 31st Jan.

• ToonBry

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Jonas you must work for the Daily Mail fella.

• Jonas18

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:14 PM

@ToonBry,

Aye I must! Because all those conflicting Pardew quotes mean there is absolutely no blemish against his name?

LOL

He does not have my respect at all and has to go a long long way to earn 1 iota of it!

• Markaccus

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM

the things happened, against his will! that doesn’t make him a liar! He made it clear that he did not want to sell carrol and that carrol ws not for sale, how can he be a liar if someone else sells carrol… i.e Ashley.
    You put pardew in a no win situation, because no matter what he says or does, when things happen beyond his control, he is made responsible. He never gets a chance off people who just want to hate him, even though he has us playing well and in the top half in our promotion season.

• Markaccus

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Actually, this is all pointless, poeple will just hate pardew whatever happens. I just hope Jonas18 never gets forced to do something that he doesnt want to do and said he would never do, because im sure he’d hate himself for ever.

• andre29

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Newcastle vs Bolton live online on http://stjamesstream.blogspot.com/

• widgetwarbler

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Pardew and Ashley, you have my respect, now build this club into what it should be, the best in England.

• Mag52

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Alan Pardew might not be a liar, but having repeatedly stated that there was on way AC was going to be sold, he owed it to himself and to his reputation to stand up to Ashley and threaten resignation if the sale was pushed through. Some managers would have done this.
    I can’t imagine Ashley being prepared to lose another manager in such a short space of time, and the club would still have the most exciting English forward prospect in the country on its books.