I Always Thought Newcastle Was A Brilliant Place To Come

Stephen Ireland has been busy giving quite a few interviews this week, as his debut for Newcastle United will probably be made this coming Saturday against Everton.

Stephen Ireland – looks good in black and white stripes

It seems that Stephen has settled in very quickly at the Newcastle club, helped by both the Newcastle players and the fans.

This is what Stephen said yesterday:

“‘I’m really ready to go, give it my best shot and have a good go at getting the team high up the table,’ ” “The manager’s worked hard to get me, and I’m definitely going to repay him for his efforts in getting me here.”

“I don’t want to let him or my team-mates down if I get my chance. First and foremost, I want to work hard for my team-mates.” “I always thought it was a brilliant place to come, and that the fans were appreciative of the players,”

“That’s what I need as a person and as a player, to invigorate the fans. You get back what you give, and vice versa. ” “I’ve had a walk around the city, and the people here are so nice and polite. They come up and shake your hand, and say “all the best here”.

“It is nice, and I’ve got a good feeling for the place. I’ve felt settled really fast. For me, it’s all been positive so far.”

And some bad news for Everton this morning,  is that their impressive Belgium international Marouane Fellaini is out for the season with an ankle injury, and he will have the operation on Monday.

And another one of their best players, Australian midfielder Tim Cahill,  will be missing for up to three weeks with a foot injury,  so Newcastle will face a weakened side on Saturday, and will try to take all 3 points, and move up the league table.

42 points should be enough to stay up this season, so we probably need just two more wins, as soon as possible,  to be absolutely sure.

Comments welcome, but please respect the views of other fans, when they are different from your own. 😀

• toonfan76

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Lets hope that all Ireland really needed was to feel wanted by his club and fans, cos that’s exactly the kind of thing that We Newcastle fans can give him. If he works hard and can produce the goods then he’ll have no worries here.

• ginkoh

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Sorry for them to lose some important players but I still think they have enough good players to cover it. However we will do anything we can to get 3 points against them. It always tough game and they are still good team without Felaini and Cahill.

Nothing guarantee in football but hopefully we will make the good shot this weekend. HWTL !

• toonfan76

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

On a seperate issue, I have been reading on some of the earlier blogs about the Keegan comments. All I have to say is that Keegans idea of how to build a title winning team and Ashleys were totally different, this is why the second coming was doomed to failure, Keegans opinion is only based on personal experience of the man. I only hope that Ashley is a fast learner and doesn’t make the same mistakes again.

• Davies

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’m sure he won’t be hiring Keegan again.

• HalePeter

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Jose is going, Barton is unsure…so Ireland to replace Barton but who is going to join Newcastle as the Bulls replacement….?

Also Keegan can say what he wants, he left because of Ashley. Pardew will stay because he is a PR PUPPET of a Manager. He has no great footballing credentials, I think we would have got the same results had we had another manager in, maybe even a two wins when we conceded in the last minute of two games.

We are all falling into the trap set by Ashely and his PR Puppet Pardew. We all can see Nolan and Barton sort the team, having Carver back has made the difference.

Tiote is quality and a great lad when saying he loves Newcastle. Tiote was valued at £6million…after signing his new contract £20 milllion. So does Ashley want the cash or the player. Only months will tell…..

Love the Toon !

• toonfan76

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM

This summer is going to be huge for us, Lets hope that all the press about the transfer funds will put Ashley under pressure to spend. All in all I think we’re heading in the right direction, and when those Fifa rules come in to play, we’ll have a head start on a lot of teams, Arsenal being the exception.

• lewman

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM

and blackpool toonfan, if they stay up long enough

• Brutooon

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Ireland and Ben Arfa signed for NUFC, if u ask me 2-3 season ago – i might said its impossible

• spanishtoon

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

he seems to be saying a hell of a lot for someone who hasnt even played yet….bad sign

• carrollsinger

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Ashley is getting us dept free anyone seen villas new acounts 36 mil or something loss 90mil revenue 80mil on wages Newcastle is looking up and wil be one of the top clubs when fair play thingy comes in and it’s all down to ashley

• chuck

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Ed. what do you expect from incoming players looking for a contract?
    He`s not gonna say, this is a cold ass area isolated in the north east and i hate it here !
    Look i think the guys got the potential to be a great player for the side and perhaps he may enjoy his time here.
    But lets not delude ourselves, he had expressed a desire to go to Liverpool, so we were not first choice.
    A bit of reality please !

• TimToon9

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM

OMG HALEPETER.. Retard doomsman

• nomis7

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Chuck he IS a good player. ‘potential’!!! he was citehs player of the season 2 years ago you nugget

• Lee Dodd

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Were is all This Mike Ashley Backing Coming From ?? Ireland is a Good Player yes But Now Worth £8 Million !!!!! Also stop Having a Go at Special K Ashley Will Never DO what Kev has Done for Newcastle United You Lot Must Be Part Time Sunderland Supporters !!!!!!!!!!! Were were You Lot 30 years ago ??

• Angryman the Angry fan

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Lee Dodd! B

• Angryman the Angry fan

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Lee Dodd! Beggars belief doesn’t it! How could anyone not see through this fat maggot in charge at our club?
    WoUldnt worry, they are in the very minority! Qt least the majority will not be bent over a barrel by lambiarse! Oops I mean bent over maggot by lambiarse!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:08 AM

4 or 5 good results an mike Ashley is a god ? Wake up guys,the maggot has nothing to do with the results! It’s down to the team built by Chris hughton and the good work by Pardew not to tear it apart, though I think fat maggot has done his best to upset the applecart!!