Angry Stephen Ireland’s Tirade Against Ireland, Trapattoni, Mancini

Stephen Ireland has today launched an astonishing tirade against the Ireland National side, his country of birth Ireland, the Ireland manager Trapattoni and his former manager at Manchester City, Roberto Mancini.

Stephen Ireland – I love everybody and everything – honest!

Let’s just say that these sorts of comments will do his Newcastle career no good at all, and paint him as a self centered and spiteful person, but let’s see what Stephen said first.

Ireland told the the French So Foot magazine about still not wanting to play for the Ireland National side:

“I won’t come back,” I “I feel nothing for the national team. I don’t feel at all guilty when they lose and when they win I never say ‘oh dear, I could have been there’.” “Even if Ireland had qualified for the World Cup I wouldn’t have gone.”  “People are calling for me to return, but I only ever played five games guys!”

“International soccer doesn’t interest me,” “Going away for three days to play in Andorra – I’ve got better things to do.”

“Also, when you’re Irish you know you’ll never win the World Cup. Even when I played for the youth teams, I got fed up at having to go away. Everyone else was from Dublin and I came from Cork. I had to get the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no food. The organization was amateurish.”

Italian manager Trapattoni did try to get him back playing for Ireland, but it seems Stephen was not too impressed with the meeting they had:

“I’ve never seen anyone so arrogant,”  “I met him once. He was taking calls every two minutes and made me hang around for 15 minutes in his office.”

“In the end, he said, ‘if you want to play then come, if not, it’s no problem’. He did that mainly so the press would leave him in peace.” “Foreign coaches, they’re no good,” “Ireland is reaping what it sowed,”

“We built blocks of flats just for the sake of it and now there’s no one inside them. It cost huge amounts of money and nobody is in a position to pay.” “But I don’t care about Ireland. I don’t know if I’ll go back one day. Live in Cork? I might as well shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles.”

Ireland is trying to get his career going again at Newcastle, but there’s little doubt that this kind of stuff will not help him, because the last thing Newcastle need on their books is a trouble-maker.

These comments will have done Stephen Ireland no good with anything or anybody, as he comes across as an angry young man who has the world against him – and we’ll not even mention that chip on his shoulder.

Alan Pardew has said today Ireland seems like a very complex character, and of course this will not help the player with anything, and we wonder why he has come out and said all these rather immature and stupid things?

Roberto Mancini was next on the chopping block:

“Mancini never liked me. He’s doing everything wrong. He got rid of everyone at the club – even the cook left. The family club I spent nine years with exists no more. “

“What happens when Mancini goes? He takes his 50 recruits with him. Also, since he’s been there City matches are incredibly dull.”

“I’ve never seen anyone so arrogant. I met him once. He was taking calls every two minutes and made me hang around for 15 minutes in his office.”

“Mancini never liked me. He’s doing everything wrong. He got rid of everyone at the club – even the cook left. The family club I spent nine years with exists no more.”

These statements seem to come from somebody who is self-centered and immature and certainly very angry, and as we said earlier they will hardly help him get a contract at Newcastle United, or any other club for that matter.

Ireland doesn’t like his National side, his country of birth, or many of his former managers – but apart from that everything is great!

Ireland needs to find some maturity – and quickly – if he expects to stay around on Tyneside – which now has to be a little unlikely.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot – he just shot both legs off.

• toonwardo

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Such a shame, dont really want him in my team now…

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM

so ireland meeting with trapatoni and mancini left him waiting for 15mins whilst they was on the phone or did i read it twice??

• sweendog

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM

2 words that have been related to this eejit down the years..
    eh baldy ..
    I mentioned this before he was a tw*t when he played for the republic .. and he couldn’t take any criticism about his barnett .. sad …

• sweendog

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM

imagine waiting 15mins on someone .. what a nightmare .. he should have been proud to work with as good a manager as trappatoni .. as for mancini though hes probably on the ball there ..

• BournemouthGeordie

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Guys i have just come up with a quick and easy song to sing for Danny Simpson at our matches as i think he has been outstanding for us this season and he deserves his name to be sung by us.

The lyric come from the Music Artist Sting and the song An Englishman in New York.

Whoa, Danny Simpson, Danny, Danny Simpson, He’s an Englishman in a Toon shirt.

Let me know what you think guys

• sweendog

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM

BournemouthGeordie .. or likewise the theme to the simpsons..

da .. da da da .. da .. danny simpson..

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Do i care he doesnt want to play for ire .. … .. No!
    (if we sign him could be better for us he doesnt wanna play international footy)
    Do i care he doesnt like mancini … .. No! neither do i!!
    Do i care he doesnt like trapatoni .. .. . .No!
    this shouldnt change an opinon if he get bk to his capability we’ll all love him. Like “Judas” he was in trouble every week we all dare i say loved him and Barton still love him So this “I dont like him now he can cause trouble” where u been we had troublesom players for ages!!

• tdt

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM

If you go around acting like a knob people aren’t going to be nice to you matey! Grow up and keep you personal grites out of the media. dumbass

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Dumbass lol aint heard at for a while lol like it!!

• Shot Bru

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM

In the same interview Ireland goes on to say that Birmingham is a sh*thole of a place to live….

• LooneyToon

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Stephen Ireland is a f**kin toool!!!!
    He should stick to kicking a ball around and keep his mouth shut!
    The reason he doesn’t want to live in Cork is cos Corkonians don’t want him!!!!
    He’s an angry little gobsh*te and the whole world is against him!!

• Sav

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM

He said word-for-word about Mancini as he said about Trapatoni???? Someone has surely got their facts wrong here for a start.
    The lad may be a complete idiot but this is poor reportage by any standards – even a football blog. Not only that but you tell us what you think and then say ‘ but let’s see what Stephen said first.’
    How does that work, Ed?

• pa3zoon

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Ed,
    do you ever read the posts that you put here. everything is duplicated towards the end. this doesnt make any sense what so ever therefore i dont believe a word.
    your quality is going down brother. shape up sir otherwise your going to loose your customers !!!!

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Heard we are now keen on buying!! Nicky Maynard from Bristol City!!

• lekech

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Not welcome here! This prat’s enormous ego has been suppressed for too long and I sure not want it to blow up in our changing room.

• The Entertainers

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:18 AM

There is nothing new to gain from this article, whether it’s a true account or crossed wires. I think most people in football know Ireland is an idiot and will take years before he matures.
    But having said all that I don’t care, because if he plays the way he can, he can make all the idiotic remarks he wants!
    I only care what they do on the pitch and ad long as they don’t make remarks about my club or city then not interested.
    Can’t wait to see him play!

• stuart no9

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM

my son works in an establishment where many of the players often go , he is now on first name terms with many of them. ireland turned up soon after he signed, he entered the premises with a hat on and his face partly covered by a zippy. he asked to be put on a table where no one would see him , which my son obliged. and left him to it, my son had no problem with him at all, but did find him a bit strange,was it coz he was shy ? dont know, but he didnt seem like the approachable type, not at all like the rest of the squad, barton, nolan, jonas(who is great fun) etc . it will be interesting how he gets on with lads

• Ciaran Thomas

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Sounds like Charlie Sheen.

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM

my sons mates mothers brother has a kid in the same skool as irelands and he stephen hates loads of kids there coz they hav man city bags!! who gives a monkeys if he can hit some footballing form thats good enough for me.

• toonturtle

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Ireland needs to shut his mouth and let his feet do the talking.

• daneevz

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM

charlie sheen lmfao legend comment!

• Australians love the Toon

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:36 AM

So he is telling it how it is what he feels wearing his heart on his sleeve if he takes this no bull shit attitude onto the pitch he will do well in a Newcastle jersey

• Ciaran Thomas

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Thanks Daneevz.

• Ciaran Thomas

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Some people’s idea of [free speech] is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.

• pearceet

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM

what i am about to say may be complete cr*p but anyway:

I think it is his twisted way of trying to “win” over the fans here. He has spoke sh*t about his last clubs and how desperate he was to get away from them, so maybe he really does want to succeed here and just has a really strange way of saying it. Nothing he says here concerns me has has not said anything bad about Newcastle at all, he has just had a good old bitch about things in the past.
    He does seem to be a bit strange and I think that this is him saying he wants to stay at Newcastle and start over.

However this as i said could be complete bull and he is actually just a bit of a tw*t but I really hope not bc he is a very good footballer

• Matthew Tom

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Everyone’s getting way too worked up about this. Ireland has already come out and said how welcome he feels at Newcastle and how everyone has made him feel at home. Having a go at Mancini and Man City is surely aimed at ensuring they don’t want him back, and thus promoting his chances of being sold to us at the end of the season?

This guy is a good footballer. He may be over emotional, but that can be managed and it seems like Pardew has got the right approach to him already. I expect to see Ireland not only sign permanently for us, but also to do very well under Pardew’s supportive management.

• Rotonda heights

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM

How can someone like that call anyone else arrogant !!! over paid head case.

• dave 1961

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Reminds me of that thug we used to have called Barton I think, leopards and spots come to mind, give the lad a chance he might just need to feel he’s wanted, and anyone that hates Roberto Mancini is a friend of mine, you know the Mancini that I’m talking about the one that wanted a certain Frenchman taken out the game. A lot of back stabbers on the site today, surly it’s how he plays for us that should make your minds up, not what’s in the press.

• traceline

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM

sounds like a brutally honest assesment of two managers and organisations that he has little regard for – good on him for being honest…

ok – so his communication skills need a little refining, but I don’t have a problem with any of this.. at least you know exactly where you stand with him.

keep in mind that the emotion works the other way too – I’ve said this before: treat him well, make him feel important and wanted, and he’ll pull up trees (which is oddly exactly what pardew’s just said about him… great minds!)

he’s just gone +1 in my book – good lad.

• TOON4LIFE_1

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM

This article is absolute rubbish, no offence ed. I highly doubt ireland would say such things, come on!! Do you honestly think he would hate on his country?? Firstly the source of this article is a foreign one which must mean that what he really said was blown out proportion just like the enrique saga.