Ameobi Wants Four Home Wins To Finish Off The Season

Shola Ameobi has come out today and said the Newcastle fans deserve a big effort from the Newcastle side through the end of the season.

Shola Ameobi – the man in the reinforced plastic mask

Newcastle are now 5 points above the relegation zone, and 6 points off 6th place, so the side are delicately positioned between possibly doing very well in the league, and on the other hand being dragged into the relegation fight.

And we still need to ensure we finish ahead of Sunderland in the league table, and the Black Cats have gone into a huge slump in the league with just a single point in their last 5 league games, so that’s some good news. 😀

Ameobi was disappointed with the Everton display last Saturday, as were most of the Newcastle fans we may add, and Shola had this to say today:

“It was a disappointing day against Everton, but we can’t let that get us down – our season can’t end here and now.”

“We’ve got four home games to go, and we have to look to give our fans a great finish to the season – that’s the least they are owed.”

“Four wins would be fantastic, and we know we’ve got enough quality to keep plodding on.”

“We’ve got a never-say-die mentality here, and that’s what has held us in good stead, not just at home, but away too.”

“The next game at Stoke’s going to be tough, but we’ll go there looking to win the game.” “I think that positive attitude can only hold us in good stead.”

Ameobi has hit 6 goals so far this season,  and is third top striker at the club with Leon Best, who has come through big time this year, since he was given his big chance by Alan Pardew.

Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan is top scorer with 11 goals, along with the departed Andy Carroll.

Shola was asked whether he thought he could overtake Kevin on the goals trail, and this is what the Nigerian-born striker said:

“Every striker wants that on their books.” “Unfortunately, I’ve been out for a large part of the season, which isn’t great. But if I get a chance to start a few games.”

“I definitely want to help this team get safe, and I can do that by scoring a few goals.” “We’ll see what comes.”

“At the end of the day I’m out there. You just have to forget the ailment and what’s gone on, and just do your best.”

“It’s just frustrating. I knew as soon as he made contact that I’d broken it.” “Obviously, I had it seven years earlier on the other cheek.”

“I sort of knew that feeling, and it was very frustrating, but it was great that I was back three and a half weeks later, which wasn’t the case seven years ago.”

“I’m just looking to make the most of this.” “This is time I shouldn’t really have, so I have to do the best I can to make the most of any opportunity I get.”

Shola has a total of 68 goals for the Newcastle United club in an eleven year career, in which he has appeared 295 times for the Magpies, and in addition 6 times while on loan at Stoke back in 2007-2008.

• acuna

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM

well hes living in cuckoo town

• The Power Ranger

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Bit random but wonder if any of our players will be in the team of the year? I personally think that Enrique or possibly baines has been the best left back in the league this season. My team would be like this:

————————–Hart—————————-

Sagna?——-Dawson———Cahill———Enrique

Nasri————Adam———Yaya Toure——Bale

——————Judas———-VDV——————–

What do you reckon?

• jimmymagpie

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I wish these players would cut the crap, and do their talking on the pitch, especially the persistant shit ones like Ameobi.

• sweendog

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

he’s right we should be able to get 4 home wins .. hopefully though we can get a win at stoke and push towards prem safety early ..

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM

If we can beat Stoke we´ll be all but safe. As for next year, it will be the harder than this one. Kevin Nolan has come out and said that if we can bring in top players then we have a chance of clinching Europa League football, which I think we deserve another go at after last time we were in it.

If everything goes to plan my team for next season will be:

——————Kameni——————–

Simpson——Coloccini—-Williamson—Taiwo

Gervinho—–Tiote——-Barton———Ben Arfa

————-Doumbia————Barrios

What do you think?

• shpetmeister

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:15 PM

replace riise with jose and its good 😛

to be honest i fear every Home game from now and through the season..i simply dont like them. Its to much pressure. I know they will beat Stoke away, but then when woles (H) ,i start getting nervous :/ Its like theyre not comfortabel home, they lead 1-0 and somehow u find NOLAN AND TIOTE attacking, and we get a CA and its 1-1 and when 1-1 come, THAN WE HAVE to attack…i think Tiote should be a more deffensive midfielder from now on when we lead with a goal!!

• connor_nufc

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Stop slaggin shola hes does an interview and people are saying his shit get behind the team ffs

• connor_nufc

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Power ranger- u forgot about the.best midfielder in the premier league cheick tiote

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I also fear when we´re playing at home, last year St James´ was a fortress for us and now we struggle to win matches! We need to beat Stoke. Nothing less. BTW Birmingham out of F.A cup, 3-2 Bolton.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM

connor_nufc- He´s good but not the best in the PL.

• UTD111

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM

More hot air from the Fenham Stroller.

• G

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Connor, well done on defending Shola. Can I point out to the armchair fans that slag him off, that Bobby Robson rated Shola, as did GR, CH, SA, KK, and JFK. The only manager we had recently that didn’t was Souness, and we all know how well that ended. Get off his back, and get behind him, because he is our player, oh, and if you ask anybody who actually attends games rather than just shouting an opinion on a forum they will tell you that he has one of the best off-the-ball contributions in the squad.

• davis_toons

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Reported

What does it means when Pardew he wants the current crops of players to “step-up” to claim the no.9 shit?

• G

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Perhaps there is a ‘stool of the day’ competition?

• davis_toons

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Who?

Leon Best 23
    Shola Ameobi 30
    Nile Ranger 38
    Phil Airey 40

• davis_toons

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Ben Arfa – no.9?

• davis_toons

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Shola Ameobi is a good squad player.

• jimiley

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Hallo peeps. Its Jimiley blogging from Nepal. That nasty Fenham Stalker would never get into Nepal first team. He is too scary peeps. Our star striker Kurt Yak is available for six bottle tops and a yearly wage of 10 Cumberland sausages. But Kurt insists on Cumberland or else the deal is off. Do you think the nice Mr Cashley will pay that much sausage? Kurt is only 7 but is a great prospect. He is velly velly cheeeep and is better value than the last three signings Wacky Ben Arfa, Steffan Wales and Ben Cossett who are all crocks. I know the nice Mr Cashley is trying to save money but the ambition to play 11 crocks at the same time on a pay per game basis will mean the opposition having to play in hospital ward. Good for Mr Cashley’s wage bill but velly bad news for 52K fans as the view is velly bad in hospital corridors. I am not sure if Red Devils will be willing to play our crocks in wheelchairs either. Loony Toons for ever. Bye from Nepal.

• NorthernTiger74

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:17 PM

This blog has gone downhill in the last few months. Anyone else notice the ads everywhere and the non-stories appearing every five minutes. Come on Ed you’re better than this. Quality not Quantity….. By the way Shola although not the greatest player will always be a hero for whats he’s done against Sunderland. His record stands alone and we should be thankful for that. He also plays knackered when many others wouldn’t Thats alright in my book.

• Lee Dodd

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I don’t Think We Will get Relagated Its just a case of Top 7 or top 14 the etc. We Need to see a Big Improvement Starting at Stoke as the Last 2 Home Games Have Been Dire !!!! Shola Needs To Get His Finger out !!!!!!

• Brutooon

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hey ameobi, the only way to win all four ome games are by asking yourself to convert all our chances!

You only score 6 goals? Thats same as leon best did in couple of game

• clinta2

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:01 PM

@ magpie till death

Sorry mate, your a dreamer! Gervinho will not come to NUFC. If the rumours are true that were even linked with him, then the roomer big clubs are linked with him are probably also true.

Therefore, he will move to a big club as they can offer: a better wage, bigger transfer amount, better conditions, a chance at silver ware, and European football.

Also Taiwo has publicly stated that if he moves from Marseille it will only be to Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal. Now you can realistically add Spurs and Cite to that list- not NUFC!

Yes, we have extra money this time out, but its not going to be spent recklessly on one player.

Also, why has everyone picked up on this Kameni thing. We have 2 quality keepers and will only be in the market for a new one if Fraser leaves in the summer- a possiblity as he’s enjoying 1st team football at Celtic. But, if he leaves we’ll be looking for a cheaper young option as back up.

No to Ben Arfa as no. 9.

• supermacnumber9

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM

remember when we used to have a match to talk about on a saturday night?

• gorskino10

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM

In the mirror 2moz (so probs rubbish as usual) they say we are on “Verge” of being sold to an Indian Buisnessman.

(Yes i know Goal/Mirror are rubbish but its a rumour atm)

• Rodzilla

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

“I Bet He Does”, said his Mam.

• Rodzilla

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I just shat in a baked bean can from 20m.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Post 19:
    I too have been noticing that some of the blogs on here are starting to be based not on facts but on speculation!

Some of the comments too are borderline childish! I hope that this Blog is not going to drop its standards and become another version of the BBC 606.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I’ve seen more games home and away since 1951 than you ever will, and in my opinion Ameobi is crap. How many other premier teams would have him? I’m seriously worried about the last few games, and I don’t know where the 2 wins to be safe are coming from. We haven’t won 2 of the last 8, and I can’t share your optimism for the Stoke game with our ‘bone-china’ defenders. We couldn’t handle them at home, and without Barton, which now lools likely, I’m genuinely fearful. I see Pardew is thinking of playing Campbell as he thinks he will be of use against the high ball, which usually finds Coloccini out, as in the home game, because he simply isn’t physical enough.