Shefki Kuqi Just Loving Life At Newcastle

With Shola Ameobi now fit to play with his protective face mask, new signing Shefki Kuqi is behind Shola, Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands and Nile young Ranger in the Newcastle striker list at the moment.

Shefki Kuqi – ready to play at Blackburn earlier this year

Nile Ranger currently has a shin injury and we’re not sure if that will prevent his participation in the game on Saturday at the Britannia Stadium, but we hope not.

So it will be very few games the 34 year-old Finnish International will be playing for the first team through the end of the season, although he’s already made three brief appearances for the side, which are now part of his 515 first class appearances with 147 goals in his career.

And the 6’2″ Shefki had a game with the Newcastle Reserve side in their 2-1 win over Arsenal Reserves last week.

But Shefki is just delighted to be a part of the Newcastle squad through the end of the season, and that comes through loud and clear in a recent interview he gave:

“When I got the chance to come here I jumped at the chance,” “It was a dream for me.” “So I am happy to do any job that is needed for the team.” “I can bring plenty of experience to the team.”

“Alan Pardew gave me a massive chance late in my career at Newcastle, so I am looking to repay him in every minute I get on the pitch.” “It’s great to know when somebody believes in your ability.”

“The Premier League is where any player wants to play,” “There are a great set of lads here and we’re trying to finish as high up the table as we can.”

“With nine games left we could still gain a respectable position and that’s all we are focused on doing.”

Of course Shefki was brought in to bolster the striking options that Alan Pardew would have through the end of the season, after Andy Carroll surprisingly left his home town club for pastures anew  on January 31st, after supposedly living his dream on Tyneside.

Some dream.

But with Shola coming back so early from his broken cheek-bone suffered at Fulham in a game in early February, Shefki may not be needed too much – but that’s good news for Newcastle – if not for Shefki.

One thing we’re sure Shefki would love to do before the end of the season is to score a goal for the Magpies, preferably at St. James’ Park, and that may still be possible.

Shefki is an honest and hard working footballer, and it’s good to have him at the Newcastle club through the end of the season – and we really hopes he gets that goal. 😀

• daneevz

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM

i hope he gets a goal and i hope its the winner vs man scum utd

• Charlietoon

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Oh FFS. I dont feel like feeling sorry for myself so I might have to skip this blog for a while. ‘Woe is me betrayed by AC’ should be the headline for all future artiles

• john_cena163

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I feel sory for this guy, plz start him instd of shola

• daneevz

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM

i kinda agree with cena give him a start whats the worst can happen if he pants swap him atleast give him a start!

• Ciaran Thomas

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hes harder worker then Shola,I never seen someone as lazy as Shola in my whole life of watching football.

• NufcGlen

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Whats the point of putting him on in last few mins of every game? Give him a start against wolves ahead of loven to give him a chance and like daneevz said, if he’s pants just swap him.

• GeordieGerman

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I agree with most of the posts here. Shefki, when he has come on seems to battle ram the opposition defences. But I’m not sure he would manage a full 90 minutes.

• cheikmate

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Yeah, i think he should be given a start ahead of loven, if u c most of his goals are clever chipped from long balls, enrique can supply these all day long. Would love to see the flying finn celebration at st. james like!

• ASTORIA

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Dear Me…NUFC, 52,000 fans every home game (well almost!), and here we are talking about Shefki Kuqi!!! Ashley has indeed lowered our expectations! Mission accomplished!!!

• daneevz

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

its not that he lowered expectation just this is the scenario we have at the mo so we gotta use it atleast for the rest of the season u cant change the players we have at the mo so we have to get on with it, what would the point of been give him a lil contract and not use him at all i do like a surprise and maybe he could give us all just that.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM

No offense but would rather see Ranger get lots of playing time instead of Kuqi. If injuries remain a problem bring up Airey also. Kuqi probably needs 15 minutes, not much more at his age. Let’s hope Shola finds his form quickly to support Best’s goals but if not go with Ranger not Kuqi.

• Brutooon

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM

you guys remember Fastino Asprilla? He went to Asia last week and just realise his type of skills are kinda “lazy” but effective.

I think Shola been trying that kind of skills for the last 10 years but never make it