Pardew’s BBC Interview After Game – We Were Sloppy – VIDEO

Here is Alan Pardew’s BBC Interview following the disastrous 4-0 defeat at Stoke today.

Alan admitted while the lads played well in the first half, they did seem to self destruct in the second half, especially in those first three minutes of the second period, when Newcastle conceded two poor goals.

Pardew seems to promise that Newcastle will be a lot better against Wolves at St. James’ Park in two weeks time, which is now a massive game for Newcastle.

Newcastle must get back to some good form – and quickly too.

• brighter

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM

it’s a shame result and also shame thing that somebady has been talking about to go to europe.we dont have to say anything rash.

• Neun78

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Shane ferguson makes me happy because now i know enrique woulden be miss moore

• roblee7

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

i dont think pardew is taking the threat of relegation seriously enough

• AndyMac

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

He chose to play 3-5-2 when he didnt have the players to play that formation and didnt have the courage to play Fergie from the start.

Another nail in AP’s managerial coffin.

• davis_toons

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Stephen Ireland still recoving from injury?

• terencelim

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Pardew is one of those guys who can tell you what the problems is, why is it, how is it and 1000 facts about something, but in the end he can’t give a solution.

Worse still he’s focusing more on ‘talk’ rather than ‘walk’ and it’s frustrating to see him talk like having a NLP coach behind him and taught him how to talk like Obama.

We just need 3 points. Stand up and be a man, stop talking.

• kimbo

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

WE are going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and England Rugby are SH.T,

• supermacnumber9

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM

well the jury must surely have seen enough now – I had no idea why we appointed Pardwho, I thought he needed time – well, he’s had enough, and so have I – he’s not good enough, 12 points from 12 games is relegation form. we are officially not as good as stoke!
    can we afford to ditch him at this point of the season? no, I’m affraid not
    can we afford to ditch him at the end of the season? with his contract (was it 5 years?) it will cost a fortune!
    oh dear! oh my bloody dear!

• Spotlight Kid

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM

supermac@8

His contract is worth nowt, Ashley knows he’s a dope but took a punt on him on the condition that there’s no golden handshake and above a basic wage it’s all performance based. So Pardew has been living on b.o.g.o.f. pizzas from Aldi for the last few weeks.

• AndyMac

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM

“Meanwhile Pardew has promised to look into claims that injured players Leon Best and Stephen Ireland were spotted in a Newcastle nightclub”

So has Pardwho lost the dressing room ?

• coolcatcarter89

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM

terencelim;

Agreed, Pardew needs to button it for 2 weeks, have the team come out like the proverbial steam train against Wolves, and win! I’m sick of him saying inane things like “we’re going to try and win every game” – really? Given every game starts at 0-0, I’m sure that’s been a given for every football team since the dawn of footy.

I wanted him to do well, I praised him initially, after our first few games, but I’m being made to eat my words because this blokes a pillock.

• John Hoy

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Supermacnumber9- your knee- jerk, reactionist opinions show one thing quite clearly. A convincing argument can be forwarded that one of the major contributing factors of our spiraling decline in recent years, has been the boards’ willingness to be swayed by fans who call for the head of any manager who goes through a period like the one we currently witness. This is a mistake. 17th is our goal and we are ahead of it currently. Have some perspective. The summer is not time for a new manager. I don’t care if we barely survive the next two seasons- we need the stability that he will provide.

• AndyMac

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM

John Hoy says :

“we need the stability that he (AP) will provide”

Show me a capable manager with ability to improve the team in his charge and I’ll show you fans who are happy to give him time.

Pardwho isnt that man !

• davis_toons

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I wll love it if we beat them! -kk

This is a manager with an ideal of what he wants and how the team will have to play.

• tcbelfast

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM

oh deary me….here we go again.
    i was gonna hold off logging onto the blog till after motd,but i was busting to find out the score.i had this dreaded feeling that it was gonna be a miserable dayand lo and behold it has happened.
    wot the hell is going on,nufc should be getting a drubbing from the likes of stoke.once again another fan totally bemused!!!!!maybe someone here can shed a bit of light on this result and cheer me up.

• supermacnumber9

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:40 PM

stability? the titanic has got stability – on the sea bed!
    it is not a knee-jerk reaction – I have posted my worries on here for a few weeks now, and witheld judgement – but enough is enough.
    I have said since day 1 that survival in the PL will be success – and as of today that survival is in doubt. Stoke are an average side, they have beaten us twice and are in the cup semi-finals – we are not as good as stoke!
    I couldnt believe it when he named was the experienced manager promised. like most of us I gave him a fair chance – now he has proved himself inadequate.
    that is my reasoned fair decision based on 12 league games plus a cup humiliation!

• tcbelfast

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

ps….was meant to say nufc should NOT be getting a drubbing from the likes of stoke.

• roblee7

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

i wish we’d appointed martin jol as manager…i just cannot like Pardew, i’ve tried and tried but the man is smug as you like, n cant help but dislike him. i dont like smug people, especially when you have to listen to them week in week out!!

• davis_toons

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Manager is very important. They will bring in the players that they would like to built the style of the team.

KK = Very Strong in attack but weak in defence, Operates usually on the flanks. Very exciting.

AP = ? What is his style of play?

Team with a style of free flowing of attacking wingers / flanks – Am i talking about spurs?

Colo is a good defender with better technical ability. He was bought in to join in the attack as well or even counter.

Some fans may think other wise but KK job was just half done…which was unfortunate ..Colo needs to partner a strong CD. Altho, his price tag was on the high side, he can play well if pressure was taken off and his adaptablity in EPL improves.

Bring in two more attackers upfront.
    1 more wingers
    1 strong center defender

• PoolieToon

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Its true that Pards isn’t the best manager to take us forward but i don’t think we are in any real danger yet and I wouldn’t put all of the blame on him. The injury list has been spiralling out of control and with our star striker Besty out, I didn’t see us getting a goal from anywhere.

One thing I will blame him for is playing so many people out of position that there was no fixed channel to get the ball into their half and playing with what is effectively 3 at the back against Stoke is going to get you in all sorts of trouble. But if we had everybody fit I think it would be alot different . I’m not asking for Pards’ head just yet, next season maybe.

• jayarrscott

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

SACK ALAN PARTRIDGE!!

(Knowing me knowing you – ahaa….aa)

– why not – we got rid of a (probably) better manager a few months ago – waht a bloody shambles!!

• AndyMac

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

jayarrscott says:

“we got rid of a (probably) better manager a few months ago – waht a bloody shambles!!”

Fatman jettisoned Hoots because he planned to sell AC in the January window and didnt want to bring in a replacement as it would impact on the balance sheet. He knew Pardwho wouldnt make waves, as he needed the gig badly, whereas Hoots would have made a stand and exposed the deception for what it was.

Bottom line is we brought in someone who had no more of a clue about managing a team than Hoots but he was more easily influenced !!!!