Alan Pardew Calls On Fans To Cheer Newcastle To Victory

The Newcastle fans can and will play a major role in ensuring Newcastle United stay in the Premier League this season.

This is Newcastle United

Newcastle get the best support of any side in the Premier League, and there will be around 50,000 fans at St. James’ Park this Saturday, to cheer on the lads to hopefully their second win in the last 11 games.

Newcastle will have the third highest home gate of any club in the Premier League, and will be ahead of clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool, and only behind Manchester United and Arsenal is the average size of their home gate for the season.

It seems like Alan Pardew is depending on that phenomenal crowd support, as he told the local Newcastle press today:

“I know our crowd can make the difference and help the players.” “The last two games have been disappointing for our fans, but we have been unfortunate with injuries and suspensions.”

“We have to make it as difficult as we can for Wolves, and we need the crowd to play their part – as they always do.” “The game with Arsenal was a big example of that and you could really feel the power of the fans that day.”

“When the mood in our stadium is right we have every chance against any team.” “The fans have been brilliant with us and we can only thank them again.”  “At the end of the day we really need them with us.”

It’s very important that Newcastle take their opportunities against three sides in particular, who are still to play at Newcastle this season.

Those sides are Wolves, Birmingham and WBA in that order, and all three sides are fighting relegation, so it’s a great chance for Newcastle to gain 3 points on each of those teams when they visit Tyneside.

The Newcastle fans at the game on Saturday can make a huge positive difference for the side, and a win would help calm things down on Tyneside.

And for those fans in the US, there are rumors that Newcastle plan to visit the USA in the summer – that would be good.

• MacToon

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM

……not to mention a manager, owner and chairman who believed weakening an already thin squad over the winter was the right direction to go…….

Imo Pardew has so far shown nothing to give me any confidence in him, oh he might talk endlessly about how great he is but he hasn’t produced anything on the pitch yet that makes me confident that he can take this club forward. Same can be said of his 2 bosses.

Their priority is to sell as many season tickets as possible imho.

• roy cropper

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM

mactoon – your reet.

• supermacnumber9

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM

cheer the lads to victory? wish I’d thought of that!
    what does he think I’ve been doing for the last 50 odd years – cockney prat!

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Supermac u might have been doing it for 50 years (and good on ya) but after two defeats with two bad showings the atmosphere at st james this weekend may well be low and that doesnt help the team.

All pardew is doing is hyping the game up and getting the atmosphere to be high so the toon players can feed off it and the wolves players can be put on edge.

@Mactoon As for weakening a thin squad yeah they did…but its done now get over it and move on. All the moaning is just annoying u…not ashley and i doubt pardew had much to say in players going out of the club.

• MacToon

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM

WWJBD, why tell me what to do? I give my opinion, that’s all I’ve done.

I too have supported this club for decades and am free to think what I want. I will not be a mug to Ashley.

• damonmwade

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM

im at the game on saturday, its going to be my first game for a whilst due to working weekends latley 🙁 but i have still kept up with all the results and news about us, and after the past few games i think we do need to get behind the lads on the pitch , fair enough atmosphere does not win you games if it did we wouldnt be in the position we are in now but atmosphere can get a team playing better and if a team is playing better the more chance they have of getting those vital 3 points.

prediction 2-0 win Nolan 1st goal

• DarloGeordie

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Yeah lets do Pardews job for him because im pretty sure he can’t do anything else apart from talk talk and more talk…

• geoff777

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM

@WWJBD

Why aren’t you angry about the way the club is run?

We’ve had to put up with the club being badly managed for the last four years.

We’ve been lied to and let down so many times. Transfer windows have been a disaster since Ashley took over.

Now the club is in debt to Ashley because he didn’t do due diligence and because he got us relegated.
    He should accept he is to blame and right off the debt.

So why we should we all be happy about the way Ashley manages the club?

As for Pardew.
    He spends more time talking to the press than the players.
    We lost to Stevenage and have one win this year.
    The win was against a team who’s next game was a cup final, so none of their players wanted a booking or injury.

I’m certainly not happy about our owner or our manager but will as always cheer the team on.

I can’t believe Pardew sits behind the same desk as SBR & KK.
    Shouldn’t he be at Leyton Orient or Charlton?

• DarloGeordie

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Oh yeah and get teams relegated and sh@g his players wives

• MacToon

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM

So Routledge was allowed to go because a replacement was NEARLY in place? I guess he meant larsson.

Funny how Liverpool had 2 replacements for Torres in place before they allowed him to go. So allowing not only Carroll but Routledge to go without a replacement in place IMO is poor managementship.

• damonmwade

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:41 PM

@geoff777

leyton orient or chatlton?

I think thats aiming a bit high for Pardwho, i was thinking more like a pub team after the tactics againt stoke

• Davies

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Geoff777 – I think you’re over simplifying the debt situation a little there.

Also, if Pardew was behind the desk at Leyton Orient, he’d probably still be gloating over the memory of thrashing us 7-1 just after we went down.

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

@Mactoon simply beacuse it wont help mate. U can be angry but whats the point? but if u want to be angry then its cool. I didnt mean any disrespect.

@geoff777 am not angry because I’d rather hope for the good than expect the bad, so I will always hope that Ashley will show he has a plan that is in place. I’d also prefer to give people a chance (Pardew) rather than expect them to fail. He wasent the option I wanted but he’s here and he isnt leaving for awhile which I like, stability is needed.

• toonruz

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM

the sooner pardew is gone the better how can we trust a man who talks through his nose , every thing he says comes from above , the man is a lyer

• RedMissionBells

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Regardless of whether the fans are cheering the team on, the team has to perform and get the results required to stay in the PL.

I recall while Roy Keane was at Manchester United, he used to say that Manchester United’s fans were sandwich eaters who are there to watch the game and not cheer the team on. Nevertheless, Manchester United still kept winning games and titles.

Lucky for Newcastle United though, our fans cheer the team even through tough times.

So asking our fans to cheer the team on is redundant. Our fans is Obsessed with the club. We cheer the team on even at 0-4 down against Arsenal.

• geoff777

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM

So are we all agreed that the club is run by inept liars, who we don’t trust and would all like to see the back of?

• Burni

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Mac I agree about weakening the teams but other than the last two, allow me to put something into perspective for you.

2 Jan: Wigan 0- Newcastle 1
    5 Jan Newcastle 5 West ham 0
    16 Jan Sunderland 1 Newcastle 1 ( we should have won this but were very unfortunate to conced in the dying minutes, much the same as the next one)
    22 Jan Newcastle 1 Tottenham 1
    yeah we lost 1-o to Fulham next as, I believe, Andy Carroll was sold and everyone was rattled.

but

05 Feb Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 and this should have bin 5 to newcastle for leons goal being incorrectly ruled offside.
    Blackburn 0 Newcastle 0
    Birmingham 0 Newcastle 1
    Newcastle 1 Bolton 1

Like I said earlier yeah the last two have been poor but REALLY pardew has done NOTHING to instil ANY confidence??

Mate come on! I was unhappy with the fact Hughton got sacked and the fact he came in but I feel and the results show hes doing a canny job really like. I think we have been unfortunate in most that we have lost or even drawn as our overall play is much better than when Hughton was here.

Proper gets me that people cannot see that we do appear to be going in the right direction like. least debt in the PL 35m quid to spend on players and wages… as someone said in a post earlier too ashley has spent a lot since he came in hes just sick of spending it on people who dont wanna be here. At the minute the guys aal reet by my. Dont get me wrong tho if nowt comes in over the summer it will be a different matter but until then …… lighten up

Now dont get angry at me for viciously slamming your opinion but I think you may need to open your eyes a bit wider or possibly take of ya, glass half empty, glasses.

• davybtoon

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I dont want a different owner the club is being run the way it should be run sensibly. pardew is a good manager jus give hima chance if i remember most of u who seem to think they kno whats best for the club always end up wrong.
    geoff777 i see u only like to do the facts that go with your view because r record in 2011 is way better than u suggest

• Burni

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:18 PM

aye! see above davy

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM

@Bruni the only thing I disagree with is I’d say we should of beaten spurs aswell, was a late equaliser.

Plus I’d add the Fulham match was on a pitch that was sh*te which added to the upset of the Carroll sale

Other than those I totally agree with you fella

• geoff777

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM

@Burni

We all have different tolerances for getting shafted.

I said enough is enough after Keegan.

Others gave Ashley more rope.

Then there was JFK

Then there was Shearer

Then there was relegation

Then there was Hughton’s sacking

Then there was Carroll’s sale and no players coming in.

How many times are you going to forgive & forget before you say no more Mr Ashley …?

• Burni

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I agree WWJBD, I said that about spurs but diguised it cleverly with me Sunderland synopsis 🙂

• ascot7

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM

the toon get to the game on time, to see their idols. Why carnt the players get some pride, and stop having a holliday each time they get booked ? Now it is two weks without a game, what are they up to ? and what is Pardew doing about it ? Do they care for the toon ? do they fornicate the night before a game ? do they drink, the night before a game ? do they smoke, the night before a game ? do they care about the TOON the night before a game ?????

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:27 PM

@geoff what do u mean by enough is enough? do u not follow newcastle anymore? go to the matches? support the team?

• Angryman the Angry fan

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Geoff777,
    Fat Maggott will always have his apologists, some people can see no wrong in complete shankers like him because they actually believe this whole, ‘Mike has a business plan’ crap!!
    He’s only been formulating this business plan now for 4-5 years, IF he was your boss, and he was taking as long to formulate a plan, would you be happy? and when the plan goes tits up, and he says, be patient im formulating a plan, would yoy think okay lets give him another five years!!

Your in the same boat as me I believe matey, 28 years of season ticket purchases, hundreds opf thousands of hard earned ploughed into the club, and a cockney shanker like him, comes in, cocks everything up, Lies to us and then keeps asking for another chance??? Hawhere…….

As for the Pardew issues, i will give him the benefit of the doubt…lets face it, he hasnt had the unerring support of his boss that he probably needed, in particular during the last transfer window, but that was obviously fat mikes fault, he obviously meant to back his Manager, but just forgot!!!

At the end of the day, the best you can do is stick to your principals, support your team, but prey that this big fat maggot sells up and frigs off!!

Adn hopefully, and yes it is a huge gamble, the next owners appoint someone who knows how to run a football club as a successful business, in which the mainstays of said business, the Team and fans, dont suffer due to incompetence!!

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM

@Burni ah sorry bud I just like to make it crystal clear that we outplayed the wheeler dealer Rednapp crew haha

• Burni

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Well this is the thing isnt it Jeff….

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

should Keegan have come back in the first place? no…. I reckon this was a bad idea and was one of the first things that started people disliking ashley. I cant be bothered to analyse every instance you’ve mentioned but I reckon in the long run he has been making the right decisions the problem is that a lot of people tend to think HERE AND NOW and ONLY here and now! this is a problem as it leads to people wanting different things from the club… We arent Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal or Citeh…. we are putting down solid financial footing for the future. You would be happy with KAKA and Osil and Messi playing for us? yeah I guess youd be daft not to want that, but the finicial implications for a club that is not as big as the ones mentioned above to have players like that would bankrupt us…

you know that phrase slowly slowly catch a monkey?

thats what were doing and in answer to the question how many more things? genuinely I feel a lot of people will see this summer as that time…. myself included

• daneevz

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM

we all against pardew but im not fussed we could have had worse!! and we had ashley when hoots was here but no1 got on hoots back about the whole screwing ova it all boils dwn to the carroll situation hes gone he wanted to go get ova it!!! Just lets Support the team and pards to get us past the post and then when the summer comes we’ll judge!!! HWTL!!

• Mac

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Jesus if people aren’t happy feel free to go and support someone else.

• NorseToonBrann

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Mac – thumbs up. too much negativity. seems to me some people still want michael owen signings and ruud gullit sexy…

• WWJBD

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Personally wouldnt go as far to tell anyone to go and support another team. I’d just suggest they gained a brighter out look on NUFC but I equally get why they feel they cant.

Am just sick of having a negative view on something I enjoy

• Angryman the Angry fan

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Mac, Norsetoonbrann,

Hope that wasnt aimed at me!!

If you think people arent entitled to their opinion on this blog, go and blog somewhere else!!

And if you bothered your arses to read any of my posts, you will see I am very PRO Newcastle United football TEAM, and even back the Manager, but the fat B4stard who owns the club, and go and drink a glass full of radioactive water for me the cockney scumbag!!

• ToonAndy

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM

NUFC – Never Underestimate Fat Cockneys…….

• Mac

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however some peoples opinions are always the same. Anti Ashley and Llambias and frankly it’s getting a bit dull. How do u want the club to be run. Do u want Freddy back in charge? Paying 17 Million and 110 grand a week on people like Owen?
    I am not Ashleysbiggest fans but without him this club of ours probably wouldn’t exist.

• Rafael

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM

anyone got a rough idea of what saturdays team sheet is looking like?

• MacToon

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Burni and WWJBD, I’m not angry or feel disrespected, you have voiced your opinions and that’s fine, it’s a blog and what people do here.

Our opinions differ that’s all.

We were easily going to avoid relegation but over the last 2 months we have dropped periously close to another relegation battle, I do believe though we will remain in the prem for next season.

I will however disagree that we have done well, will do well with these 3 people at the club namely Pardew, lamearse and Ashley.

Spot the pattern, KK leaves and (succesfully) takes Ashley to tribunal, CH leaves and takes Ashley to tribunal (again I’d imagine he’ll win his case).

Only reason Ashley is interested in the club is to fill his pocket (in the long term), he seen that with the likes of selling Milner, Bassong, Carroll …. He’s spotted the profit potential of buying HBA.

It’s so obvious to me, it’s not such a bad way of running the squad/club BUT he leaves it so thin we struggle when we get injuries or suspensions, that IMHO is bad managementship.

• t00ntime

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

before you read this i am saying sorry

ok all u stupid twats that say pardew does this wrong and MA does that wrong. Just change the record man….
    I bet if in the summer MA spends 4omillion people on here will still complain; like he only spent the money to prove people wonrg

and if we qualified for europe next year by winning the carling cup others will say : well its no thanks to pardew’s tactics, or because of MA we cant win anything better than the carling cup.

and don’t say you wont because 80% of people just come here to complain weather its about ED writing to much negative news or to much positvie. or about pardew speaking to much or not enough.
    SERIOUSLY if you have nothing intresting to say just dont waste your time typing cause no one cares about why you think MA wont spend any money.

o and the match against man utd is moved to the following tuesday right ??

• MacToon

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

lol *

will NEVER do well with these 3 people at the club namely Pardew, lamearse and Ashley

• Jammydodger

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Angryman: We get it you do not support Mike Ashley, You are perfectly entitled to your’ opinion however don’t have a rave and a rant everytime other peoples opinions do not correlate with your’s.

Pessimism and depression achieve sweet f.a. , Blind Optimism and elation also achieve sweet f.a. but at least its positive, Be grateful we havent gone into administration (under anyone) and actually have a team to support, Yes Cashley is a prick but will moaning about it achieve anything other than putting a downer on everything. Try blind optimism, like guthrie will wake up on sat and score 12 goals against wolves , unlikely but positive. Try this and maybe one day you can blossom into Happyman the happy fan, Guarantee the arsenal game you were one of the first to bitch and moan, look at this bloody pardew bloody ashley blah blah blah, try to see things through before condemning everything. You never know in the upcoming transfer cashley could spend 100m on the best players in the world unlikely yes but better than saying we wont get a penny and depressing everything,
    Cheer up