Can Lone Ranger And Masked Man Raid Wolves Tomorrow?

Nile Ranger could become a very important player for Newcastle in the last eight games of the season.

Nile Ranger – can he score that first PL goal tomorrow?

Nile of course has been criticized by manager Alan Pardew, and it seems he still has some ways to go to become a good professional, and that’s just exactly what the 19 year-old needs to do.

And the news today is that Alan Pardew seems to have convinced the youngster to become more serious in both his time-keeping and his attitude towards training, and that’s just great to hear.

Nile Ranger has already made 22 appearances for Newcastle this season with one goal against Chelsea in the Caring Cup, and has 52 total appearances for the Magpies, mostly as substitute of courser.

That’s not too bad for a 19 year-old who is arguably  better than Andy Carroll was at the same age.

Nile has 3 goals for Newcastle and has still to score his first PL goal, and he needs to get that first one, so he can then go on from there.

The 18 year-old talked to the local Newcastle press yesterday:

“I’m 19, and it would be good to score by the time I’m 20.:

“I won’t be a youngster anymore soon, I’ll be a grown man!”“I feel I’ve done all right. I’ve had chances against big teams, and I’ve done well, but I haven’t scored.”

“You’ve got to keep looking forward to the next chance.”

“If Bestie isn’t fit, hopefully I’ll be in the gaffer’s plans.”

Nile will be 20 on April 11th, so that means he needs to score tomorrow, to have a PL goal before he’s 20.

But if he doesn’t do that and gets his first goal at Aston Villa a week tomorrow, we’ll be happy enough with that.

Let’s hope that Nile can not only have a good run-out tomorrow, but can get that very first goal in the PL, in what is shaping up to be a crucial game for the Tyneside club this season.

And with a masked man in Shola Ameobi, and a Lone (Nile) Ranger playing tomorrow up front, you wonder if these two lads can raid the Wolves defense tomorrow, with some success.

We certainly hope so,  in what will be a tense game for Newcastle fans tomorrow.

• Billy1985

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:01 PM

i just hope he knows how good of an opportunity he has for himself. one of the top teams in england and in the best league in the world. hope he forgets his past and just looks to the future. he has shown that he has got the pace and skill and strength just hope it all comes out at the same time to help us climb up the table hopefully and keep us safe.

• supermacnumber9

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:05 PM

pity its not the Lone Ranger and Masked Man and the Xisco Kid – they always win in the end!
    HWTL

• DerkaSayWhat

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Lone Rangers sounds right when your strike partner is Shola…

• jimmymagpie

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Ed – I’m not convinced that Pardew will start with Ranger, but I hope I’m wrong, because to be honest with you, when I was at Crawley in the 1960s, Lovenkrands wouldn’t have got in to our reserves. Please God, 3 points tomorrow, because the alternative and the damage it would to morale, is too awful to contemplate.

• jimmymagpie

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Having just read the Chron, it looks like Fergie in for Jose, a midfield of Joey, Guthrie, Nolan, and Jonas, with Shola plus AN Other. Guthrie and Nolan in central midfield – God help us, and Nolan is only one booking away from a suspension. Never mind, Ryan will be available for Villa. I think I’ll go and have a lie down!

• Bucks mag

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Good title Ed – imo he should start tomorrow, Lovenkrands has been missing every time he’s played lately

• Toondoug

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Ranger needs a run in the side, if Best is crocked, surely he’s our only option. His goal has to come one day, lets make it tomorrow!

• ronaldeano

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM

The 18 yr old said… “I’m 19 and it would be good to score by the time I’m 20″….!! Typo error there Ed! He’s 19 :0)

• gorskino10

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Even if he doesnt score he has played ALOT better than Strolla and Loven the past few times he came on and offers more for the team with his runs and plays, i would play him at stoke with Strolla, 2 big strikers might put the Wolves defence under pressure more.

• Brutooon

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Start ranger. Wrhn he score once, noone can stop him

• Toon XI

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

If we lose tomorrow, we will lose the next 4 games as well. That will only leave Birmingham and West Brom as our only chance for points.

Thankfully, other clubs fighting off relegation have difficult run-ins. We need teams to lose around us as I don’t think we’ll take too many more points this season.

I hope I am wrong!

• lewisnufc

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM

i love ranger and want him to do well… but everytime im in town on the drink i always bump into him! tuesday night he was in tiger tiger at half 2, absolutley hammered, no doubt he would of had training early in the morning?! its things like that which must be keeping him out of the first team!

• The Leazus End

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM

please pardew start with ranger and shola never mind the last 20 min of a game lets get this won in the first 20 min instaed of depending on an impact sub.
    we have tried loverman and it just dont work

• The Leazus End