Is This Newcastle’s New Puma Strip For Next Season?

We have no idea if this is true or not, but here’s what we’ve been sent from Football-Shirts.co.uk,  as Newcastle’s new Puma Strip for next season.

This could have also originated from Fooballshirts.com – since that’s emblazoned across the photo. 😀

The Newcastle deal with Puma was announced in January of last year, and it was only for an initial two years time-frame, and runs out at the end of next season, so maybe that’s why there will potentially be a new strip next season?

We must say we like the Puma gear they have created for Newcastle – it looks very good – but hopefully next year Newcastle will be able to strike a much better financial deal with the German company.

Comments welcome – and are there any other good Newcastle strips you’ve seen lately?

• boonarmy

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM

that is awful hope not !!

• boonarmy

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

it looks like a shirt from pro evolution soccer when they dont have the license to do the proper shirts!

• xXl NUFC lXx

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM

really ugly

• G

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Puma do have a reputation for outlandish designs, but I thought the existing strip was guaranteed for another year? I suspect given the source that this is another one of those fantasy efforts that were doing the rounds last year, on a side note though, some of those were pretty funky, that one, is not.

• nyctoon

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM

i dont think its that bad. not a huge puma fan and would really love to see nike/umbro as the kitmaker but i do enjoy the gold cat insignia and where it’s placed. a touch better than this season’s IMO

• G

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:03 PM

70’s era WBA top isn’t it?

• sammydolan

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Great kit for Notts County, not us though…. I am waiting for SPORTS DIRECT on the back or something… no doubt across the badge knowing MA…

• DrunkenSteve

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I like it – probs fake because I seem to remember some rule being brought out that a stip must last 2 seasons to give value to the fans.

I really dont like the cheap looking iron-on badge on this seasons too.

Bring back the embroidered badge you penny pinching fool’s.

• Davies

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Ha ha. I actually quite like it, but I agree it’s not for us. Notts County, or one of those other teams that pretend to be magpies….

• Therapyman

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I agree with DrunkenSteve.. Must say I like this one.. much better than the current one..

• Vandinhio

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Do we not keep the home strip for 2 seasons any more?????

• gorskino10

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM

That looks terrible i hope not! lets not make us look a joke next season.

• shabunkin

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM

its usually two years for a home kit , but the change kit and the european/league cup/ watever excuse they can think of to bring out a 3rd kit is every season 🙂

• Playmaker10

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I like it 🙂

• G

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Actually there may be something to the ‘new shirt’ theory, just did a bit of research (google) and noticed the home shirts are plummeting in price at most places. Do we have Northern Rock still sponsoring next season too?

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM

ITS NICE

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:22 PM

IT LOOKS NICE

• toonturtle

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM

You can pick up current home shirts for peanuts at the moment, so I would not be surprised if there is a new shirt next season. Also, if puma only have 2 years its worthchanging it from thier point of view = more money.

• Brutooon

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Ugly

• Flair:20

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:36 PM

@boonarmy that’s exactly what I said when I first saw it!

Regarding the 2 year rule, I seem to remember we exploited some kind of loophole whereby we have the current kit for just 1 year then revert to changing every 2 years – something to do with switching manufacturers I think. I stand to be corrected though!

• NufcGlen

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Gaaaaaah!
    Take away the white sleeves at least!

• macn0ble (Finland)

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I think it looks good, and BTW lots of people smahsed the current one like this one now ( who knows if its real or not) but the thing is, when you’ve got jersey with black and white stripes on it, there ain’t many variations on it FFS.

So every modern touch to the shirt is more then welcome. Do not want to fill up my cupboard with loads of shirts that look the same 😀

• coolcatcarter89

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Bring back the indigo, with orange and green trim away kit!!

• toonturtle

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:43 PM

The central portion looks modern, but the sleeves look old. It just looks a little odd.

• NufcGlen

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM

If you made the sleeves black, I’d buy it

• Billy1985

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM

i wouldnt wear that for my local pub team lol. but most of our shirts recently havent looked that good untill you someone wear it. but its newcastle i will still buy it so not bothered

• AndyRobinson

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:47 PM

NOOOO!!!!

• G

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I haven’t bought the current one, as I think that too is a fugly, and if that is next seasons effort, it looks like I shall be passing more of my change in the direction of ‘Toffs’ in the near future.

• pearceet

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Like that kit actually, maybe it can bring us european football, anyone else reckon we can get into europe next year?

• Hawaiian Geordie

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM

thought it was hideous at first, kinda digging it now though. the gold puma logo looks nice up there

• NorseToonBrann

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM

i like it! should have black sleeves though..

• Geordiedoonsooth

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Hope not it’s right up there with the worst shirts of all time it’s awful

• jarra geordie

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM

i don’t think it’s that bad but one thing I defo. don’t want is another huge white square on the back…if there has to be a huge gap in the stripes then it should be black imo…

One more important thing all toon shirts should have is a blue star ( i know we aren’t sponsored by brown ale anymore ). Couldn’t we change the star so it’s not advertising or maybe even have a small blue star in the centre of the club crest – in the shield where the stripes are?

• russtoon

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM

it looks OK to me, it has the crest on, all be it a pikey iron on one but its there, you know we’re all going to buy it lads, its the toon top, and even if it stays in the drawer for years its a dead cert that it will sell really well as we are not a group of plastic fans!! We prove that week in week out, its all about the money folks!!! sell!! sell!! sell!

• mag1927

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Its a bit like the buckta shirt from 1978ish. but a bit better. Still not a big fan but it has potential to be a grower???

• bojous

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I was going to scream FAKE on this one because it looks like a computer rendering but then again I said the same thing about the current shirt when I first saw it so you never know. Another indicator that this might be fake is that the link to footballshirts.com hasn’t been updated since last season!

Personally I don’t mind the stripes (hard to get those wrong unless you put them on horizontally) but I’m still not a fan of the iron on crest and i’m not a fan of the plain white sleeves (I would have kept the sleeves from this season).

I’m going to have to see it on the pitch before I make my final judgement, it might grow on me like the current one did.

• supervil

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Howay lads, calm down. It’s a fake! Or at least something that was lingering around from before the launch of the current kit.

We’ve got another season with the current one.

• toonarmy1986

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM

They always bring out a new strip every season and us the gullible fans are stupid enough to go out and buy it every year. I don’t like the Puma ones though really cheap yet they still sell them at £35 plus a time.

• ASTORIA

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Football clubs do not now have to make any kit last 2 years. It is their commercial decision alone whether to make a kit run for one season or two. NUFC started making their home kit last for only 1 season from the last adidas kit, then the current 2010/11 Puma kits and now this new one. It is really a decision from the club, and the only rules are that a kit MUST last a full season. To the best of my knowledge only Liverpool and maybe Arsenal’s home kits run for 2 years now. It’s all about making money now guys.

Check out how the club market this kit (i.e. Home Shirt 2011/12), this will be the seasonality of the kit. I think under a retail ‘guru’ such as Ashley the days of 2 year kits are gone?!!!