Nolan In Advanced Talks With Newcastle On New Contract

There was some good news this morning that Joey Barton said he would be willing to pen a new deal at Newcastle if Kevin Nolan signed along the dotted line too.

It seems that Alan Pardew is keen to get the good players currently at Newcastle all signed up, and although he lost Andy Carroll in January, if he can keep the rest of the players on Tyneside, like Kevin, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique and Cheick Tiote, then Newcastle will be in very good shape.

We would expect Newcastle to offer a good deal to Kevin, and even better than the six and a half year £50K/week they had Cheick Tiote sign for – to stay at Newcastle.

Kevin may be on £50K/week right now, but he’s a talismanic player for the Newcastle side, if ever there was one, and of course he just loves things on Tyneside.

This is what Alan Pardew said about Kevin today:

“Kevin leads by example and we’ve seen that in his performances this season.”

“He brings so much positivity to the team. And that’s something we all want to see more of.”

It seems that if Kevin agrees to sign, then Joey Barton will follow suit, and that has to be huge positive momentum to then try to get Jose Enrique on a new long term deal at Newcastle.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that all three can be signed along that dotted line – and sooner rather than later. 😀

Here’s hoping.

• nufc.romania

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I hope hes gonna sing a new contract, then Barton and Enrique :D, and then with 2-3 good transfers in summer and with Ben Arfa back to 100% capacity we should attack Europa League. 😀

• toonarmy1986

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Good news and I would cash in on Enrique personally. Ferguson to me has looked more than capable of taken his place plus Jose still makes careless mistakes that cost us. If we can get about 8 million then take it and put that money towards a very good centre half to play a long side Colo plus get Van Aanholt as a 2nd left back.

• Solaidback

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM

So what happened to the supposed 35k/wk wage cap we were suppose to have at the club when we got promoted???

I think 50k/wk is a frakin good wage to have, I mean thats 2.6m/yr in wages, plus they get bonuses & other incentments, so I don’t think any of our players should be on anymore than that tbh… 🙁

• tjshawsey

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I agree Solaidback, but the fact is if we don’t meet there demands, some other club will. If we are going to compete we have to offer wages that will attract good players. Alternatively we might well go for the youngsters in which case large wages arent required.

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I BELIVE TAT IF OUR CURRENT SQUAD IS COMPLETELY FIT THEN WE MIGHT OLY NEED A LB AND ONE FWD

• stuckdownsouth

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Ed, better than Tiote’s??????

That would be crazy because of the age difference!!!

Yes I want Joey and Nolan to sign, but in the next few years they will get slower (Nobby is not that fast now) and more injury prone. The deal has to be right for us, i.e not too long. I want to shout at my laptop everytime someone writes just get rid of Smith and use that money to increase Joey’s wages. We can’t sell Smith because his deal was too high and too long! He is in the last year of his contract and he will earn £3m this coming year. The only way we will get rid of him is if we pay him off and that will cost us £1-2m.

Kevin and Joey please sign but 2 year extensions (that’s 3 seasons) only please!!!!!!!!!

• Davies

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I really don’t think we should cash in on Enrique. If he stays, Fergie can learn a lot from him, which is vital, because Fergie has all the attributes of a great winger, but he has a lot to learn about being a left back.

Personally, I still think we need another left back, perhaps van Aanholt (though I doubt Chelsea would let him go permanently just yet), as I think Ferguson’s talents would be best used in attack rather than in defence. That said, Pardew seems to be giving the whole defence licence to get forward, so maybe that’s why he’s using Fergie at left back anyway.

As best I can make out, the little Irish fella is the only natural left winger in the first team squad. We should be utilising that and playing Jonas on the right, where he’s actually VERY good.

If everyone’s fit, I agree that we only really need another left back and a couple of strikers, at least one of which should be a proven EPL goal scorer. Ranger out on loan, Best for the bench and Shola and Lovenkrands will probably still be here for contingencies.

I’d like to see a few more come in, but with two or three buys, we could challenge for top seven and go on to build a team that can compete in Europe. It’s not outside the realm of possibility, and if the owner wants success, as he is reported to, we could all be surprised come the end of next season. Of course, he could prove his many doubters right. Again, we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Thump

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I would try and keep Nolan to the end of his career and then offer him a coaching job.

• GeordieGerman

Apr 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hello? Fergie is a left winger. He may be a replacement for Jonas but not for Enrique.

• sammydolan

Apr 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I got a spare ticket, £41.. to the villa game, if anyone wants to go with me, only proviso is that you pick me up on the way to Birmingham!

email me at – doles121[at]hotmail.com if interested!

• nufc1331

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Would be great if we signed him up. My favorite Newcastle player.

• GeordieDan

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Nolan won’t get offered more than Tiote. I think Nolan’s a fantastic player for loads of reasons but he’s a fair few years older than Cheik and who would you honestly pay more for if you were an opposing manager? Exactly.

I hope we get Nolan, Barton and Enrique signed up ASAP then push on with some astute summer signings and see where we go from there!

HWTL

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Davies – Spot on I agree 100%

• henock1989

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:15 AM

nolan and barton will stay … Enrique will leave…we still need defenders bad..we have the weakest defense in epl next to couple of clubs …
    sell…