The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle’s New Strip Will Help Financial Position Too

2:04 pm, Friday, April 8th, 2011 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 48 Comments

We had an article out when we were sent what could be Newcastle new Puma strip for next season.

And since the same strip has been circulating on various football shirt Internet sites, it could even be accurate, maybe.

Why is the Puma crest not lower down, to be in line with the Newcastle crest?   That’s the main question  I would have, otherwise it looks fairly  decent, but we have yet to see the pants and socks that go with the shirt.

In Newcastle’s current situation, it is probably a decent financial decision to bring out a new strip this summer, although we liked all three strips Puma brought out 15 months ago, and the training gear looks good too.

We assume there will three new strips being brought out in the summer, and maybe new training gear as well?

But since Newcastle negotiated the two year deal with Puma when they were still in the Championship, it cannot be too good a deal for the club.

It seems good sense that the initial deal was only for a couple of seasons too, so that next summer Newcastle should be in a better position to get a much improved deal from Puma, when hopefully Newcastle could have qualified for Europe.

All of this will help significantly with Newcastle’s financial position, which should be improving big time over the next couple of seasons.

And we look forward  to Newcastle being one of the top 20 richest football clubs in the world, when the rankings come out again next February.

The comeback of Newcastle United, from the dark dark days of  the summer of  2009, seems well on track.

Tags: Newcastle News · Strips

48 responses so far ↓

• 1 skutball1892 // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM

The more I look at it, the more it grows on me.

Wonder if it’ll be out before the last game against WBA.

• 2 NorseToonBrann // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:14 PM

i fkn love it!!:) think its real. the more i look at it i see more of a real shirt thats been photoshopped a bit than a totally fake photoshop shirt. my minds made up. THE REAL DEAL GUYS! :)

• 3 jwheelie12 // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I like it, it’s a bit different. But I’m hoping we get a big deal with Adidas or Nike for the season after, with home shirts lasting for 2 years and a new away/3rd shirt every season.

• 4 john DSOUZA // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I liked da kit ,but da newcastle crest looks cheap

• 5 lewytoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM

i want nike aswell, adidas was good but dont think we’ll go back to them straight away, we’ll probs get lonsdale cuz of ashley :S

• 6 lewytoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM

cuz of ashley :shame*

• 7 davybtoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

the strip is real ive been checking some others teams new puma kit for next year and the collar is the same plus there is massive reductions on all current kits n training gear now, i l really like it looking forward to seeing them wear at v wba on last day of the season

• 8 davybtoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

id like to a all yellow away kit

• 9 G // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I’m in the minority again, I still say its a fugly.

• 10 HalePeter // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:32 PM

It looks great, people have tried before to do certain styles away from the original strips but I like the simplicity of the style. Im looking forward to wearing it and showing my support.

Best kit of the Premier League if not all leagues for next season….that I’ve seen so far…..

• 11 roshan MAGPIE // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO C IN WHICH POSSITION NUFC IS IN THE FOOTBALL S RICHEST FOOTBALL CLUBS

• 12 Geordiedoonsooth // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Bloody awful it should not have white sleeves.

• 13 geordie_india // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Ben Arfa to train with the reserves next week and then first team the week after!

• 14 veto // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM

it’s ruddy horrid

• 15 DerkaSayWhat // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM

The Dreamers who post on this blog site…

• 16 nyctoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

still like this shirt. that being said i’d rather have nike/umbro

• 17 cousto // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM

no way we’ll go back to Adidas. They don’t have a very good relationship with MA.
    Hope we stay with Puma as they are making kits designed for us, rather than get a supplier only contract with Nike and have slightly modified ‘off the shelf’ kit designs like we we were getting in the final few seasons with adidas.

Think MA has hefty shares in Umbro an Reebok, they don’t do bad kit either

• 18 boonarmy // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM

gerdie india – do you have a source.

• 19 boonarmy // Apr 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM

geordie*

• 20 roy cropper // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

like the fatman it’s shite.

• 21 carlton nufc // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM

If that’s the kit the shorts will be White dno about socks but I gt a sneaky feeling there will be a red or green 3rd/away kit oh and eddcould you not put up a possible goalkeeper top and also why don’t you make a thread with possible kits would be a good idea ?

• 22 37 BEN ARFA 37 // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM

would look good if the newcastle badge was in the middle at the top and the northern rock sponsor moved down a bit ..

does anyone know when Haris Vuckic and Kazenga Lua Lua are supposed to be back ????

• 23 chuck // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

UGH`ly is how to describe it !
    Whats up these days with kit designers, first we get that ridiculess mustard and white stripe thing and now this piece of crap.
    Difficult to say which is the uglier of the two.
    Puleez ! back to the drawing board.

• 24 davybtoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM

can anyone confirm lualua contract finished in the summer if so i think the club should be tying this lad down to a new contract he is very talented player

• 25 toonster88 // Apr 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM

nike…umbro…addidas…three stripes..four stripes….wear anything for f***s sake…even a thong would do…this aint much a bother to me…as long as we win games

• 26 GeordieGerman // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Hope we get a shocking pink second strip. Only real men can wear pink. :-)

• 27 milburn 77 // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I like it but I hope the Northern Rock isnt glued on like it is on the current home strip

• 28 Thump // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Looks like it is, milburn.

Must say, it’s growing on me. Reminds me of the heavy black strip we had when SBR was in charge (back when NTL was sponsoring us – http://www.oxfam.org.uk/ProductImages/HighStDonated/5_2010/486667/large_c9ff0b7a5e6c4320b6902c73f9d6b070.jpg).

I mentioned the other day that it seems to be based more on the colouring of a magpie than your standard black and white stripes, and I do quite like that.

@Cousto: Designed for us? The first kit maybe, but everything else is straight off the shelf (look at the keepers kits, the only difference is the colour). Nike annoys me because it’s high quality but everything is cut and paste template designs.

That said, this seasons kit is exactly the same as last seasons kit only without the stripes and with the collar and new logo placement/sponsor/crest design and those two (NTL and new one) are… exactly the same with exception to the sleeves.

@GG: You mean like Barca’s? http://www.mercurialshoes.com/images/jersey/2010worldclub/2010club/Barcelona/41.jpg

• 29 Thump // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Ugh, awaiting moderation.

Looks like it is, milburn.

• 30 Thump // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:35 PM

• 31 IndianapolisToon // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Ed,
    Don’t know if you read espnsoccernet.com but apparently Joey Barton has opened up rather candidly about the whole Dabo incident. Here’s the link to the story.

• 32 Davies // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I though MA had £180m in Adidas shares, or did that go tits up? Might explain the change of kit provider, I suppose….

• 33 GeordieGerman // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Thump, no was actually think of that rugby (think French) team. Had a laugh when I first saw them, but after seeing the play I ‘d put my hand in front of my mouth now before laughing. Could just see Barton and Tiote in shocking pink…

… Bet you’ve just imagined it… :-D

• 34 hitman // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:53 PM

this shirt was doing the rounds at the end of last season..

• 35 Keano9 // Apr 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I didnt like it at first but its growing on me
    but rather the arms were striped and the strips were thinner

• 36 Keano9 // Apr 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM

maybe the plan for nwxt season is to blind the opposition palyers with its uglyness then we bang in the goals while they are not looking Lol

Naaa its not that bad

who does everybody think we will get in the summer transfer market

• 37 Thump // Apr 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Oh yes… Must admit, GG, I can’t say I’d stay in one place laughing at those lads. Cover mouth and leg it methinks!

@Davies: Supposedly he bought a load of stocks so he had a large portion of the company tied up and then sold it. Supposedly that’s quite bad for stock prices or something.

• 38 lewman // Apr 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

the kit looks ok i suppose and would look good on myself or the players but it does seem a bit figure hugging for the larger fans out there.

• 39 Thump // Apr 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Keep forgetting to bloody reply!

@hitman: must admit I didn’t see this one last season but I do remember a similar one with black arms and white, curved stripes on the sides.

Either way, this has the new style embroider crest and the glue on sponsor logo so I think that probably hints at being a potential truth.

• 40 sirjasontoon // Apr 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM

The Quality of the last puma kit is woeful and I will be avoiding any other NUFC stuff made by Puma,irrespective of what it looks like.

Cheap Tat.

• 41 GeordieGerman // Apr 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM

sirjasontoon, What you doing tonight? You look like a real nice piece of stuff. ;-)

• 42 TORONTOON // Apr 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM

My fav; true strips

• 43 Sav // Apr 9, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Accessorised with contrasting Speedos and a dickie-bow it would do for a cocktail waiter at a tranny convention.

• 44 UTD111 // Apr 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Knowing Jabba – the shorts and socks will be pink

• 45 bobby shinton number 9 // Apr 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Looks nice to me.

• 46 joppadoni // Apr 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

@TORONTOON

mine too,. any strip with Alan Shearer in it that is…

@Ed

Sadly Ed that is the full strip :( players have to run around in their keks O_o

• 47 joppadoni // Apr 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Also it cant be right, ive never seen anyone from Newcastle who could fit into that waist. i know i wouldnt. maybe its a ploy to make us buy two and stich them together?

• 48 JGreaves // Apr 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Looks better each time i see it, looks like a foreign strip though if you know what i mean, like one from Serie A rather then the prem

previous post: There Must Be No Slip-Ups On Sunday