Aston Villa 1 Newcastle 0 – Video Lowlights

Here is the video from yesterday’s game, when Newcastle were beaten 1-0 by lowly Aston Villa, so we can use highlights in the title – obviously – we’ll leave that to the Villa sites. 😀

• Angryman the Angry fan

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Frig me ED, your milking this ‘poor performance’ arent you??

We got beat, we had a threadbare squad, we will for a wee while yet,, lets get on with it!! Move on and hope we can get a bit of luck against the Mancs!!

It all could have been avoided if the fat b’tard in charge had backed his manager in January!!!

• roe997

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Any deal done now ed is surely ILLEGLE! So sess pool has tapped up jose? He still not quite in last 12 mnths either, im suspecting mr thompsons talking bull and may mean a decision on sess pool behalf to bid 15m, is in place. MA aint daft enough to start expecting bids until he sees at end of season who bids highest!

• GeordieTwo

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Surely the owner was shocked by this performance. His lack of spending has left us with no cover whatsoever. We have always had a high injury rate by this time of year and yet we bring in no decent players in the windows. Counting on players we have barely seen in black and white is very risky indeed. Is Gosling finished as a player? Counting on Ben Arfa is all well and good but he is one player, we need at least 6 new faces in the summer. If our youngsters are so good why aren’t we blooding them? It’s a good thing Hughton got us off to a good start or we would be in the relegation battle. I blame all of this on the owner. He has no football knowledge, nor does his pet Lambias. We will suffer for their lack of interest. Hire a football man immediately to oversee the club Ashley you fool.

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I’ve been home from work for about an hour and a half and then spent that reading thorough all new articles. Jeez Ed you’ve been a busy lad. Has Mrs. Ed left you? Anyway Ed what’s with the NUFC crest? Isn’t the lion meant to be Yellow/gold and the castle just grey?

Anyway don’t feel as bad as I thought after our loss yesterday, at least not after I’ve had time to consider the team we played and that the bench wouldn’t have looked out of place on a school football pitch, except Kuqi so he can be the sports teacher.

15 million (done deal?) for Enrique get in there just a pity that it’s Liverpool. But I don’t think it is a done deal, I agree with roe997 on this one. By August someone will be offering more. Wonder what we can do with 50 million? How many Tiote’s, Nolan’s, Ben Arfa’s or even Enrique’s is that? 2 to 3 of each and still a couple of million for Ashley to spend in a casino. I was going to mention this on the last article but Online Guy had been spouting his usual stuff. Ashley may or may not spend the money. I hope he does, but I don’t know and that makes me as wise as anyone one else here.

• MacToon

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Someone from the club need to inform the FA about this supposed Enrique deal….. if they don’t we can only assume it IS a done deal and Ashley’s intiated it.

• MacToon

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Oh, and if it’s all BS then a simple line on the official webby saying it’s BS wouldn’t go amiss.

• krizman1988

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM

• coolcatcarter89

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Exactly, if it’s lies, you nip-it-in-the-bud and say so. If he’s heading for the exit, play Ferguson.

“We get some rules to follow, that and this
    These and those, no one knows…”

The soundtrack to NUFC right now.

• Zangwill_Ho

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Well, Ranger is really rubbish

• coolcatcarter89

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Ranger, in the second half, was awful. Nothing stuck, I don’t believe he’s as talented as some like to think. I’d approve of him being loaned out, but ultimately, even if he does have the potential, he lacks desire, the most important attribute in any sport or competition.

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:50 PM

coolcatcarter89, I think the problem with Ranger is that he has a long comfortable contract and he’s lost his hunger because of it.

• Colo2

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:03 PM

The problem is even our cover is injured or just not good enough. We’re in dire need of some signings. Looks like we’ll need a new LB add to that a CB, RW, LW and two ST.
    If/When Enrique goes I’d go all out for Van Aanholt.
    Striker wise Sturridge, Demba Ba (if he proves his fitness), Rodallega or if we’re talking cheap Maynard from Bristol City.

• coolcatcarter89

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Could be GG. Many footballers simply fall out of love with the game at various moments, few admit to it, but it’s clear they do. It happened to me, I loved playing, then suddenly I just stopped and haven’t missed it, that was at around 18. The only difference, I didn’t have a £10,000 p/w contract, to keep me going through the motions.

There’s only that young Ipswich keeper (think it were earlier this season?), who’s ever had the integrity to turn his back on a lucrative career, because he didn’t enjoy it any longer.

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:36 PM

coolcatcarter89, was the same with me with tattooing. Was the love of my life for 20 odd years. When I was on holiday I would itch to get back to it. Then one day woke up and couldn’t be bothered. Closed shop and haven’t held a tattoo machine for 2 years. I miss the money, but not the stress and my head is a lot clearer because of it. But I’ve still got my kit just in case it starts to itch again.

• ColdSnap

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:46 PM

If enrique is a done deal why is he giving interviews to .co.uk saying we need one more win?
    All this speculation is gonna drive him away!

• nufc90

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:24 PM

why are people saying it’s illegal for liverpool to have agreed a deal for enrique?
    it’s not providing newcastle have agreed.. various transfers are announced and agreed throughout a season just the player cannot move to the new club until the transfer window reopens

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:43 PM

nufc90, I can’t imagine Ashley settling for a deal now. If I was Ashley I’d think. ” Milan has offered 13 million, Liverpool 15 million”. “Wonder what Enrique will be worth on the 31st of August”.

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Does anyone out there think that Enrique may be injured against Liverpool?

• GeordieGerman

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Does anyone out there? Is there anyone out there?

• Shot Bru

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I think it’s easy to get carried away with how much money we’re making off selling players like Carroll and Enrique….sure enough £35 and £15 million is phenomenal money for 2 of our most important players this season. However over the decades we have always sold our best players at crucial times and it has got us absolutely feckin nowhere. All the best teams keep their best players. We will reinvest a small amount of the bucks into journeymen like Carlton Cole, Seb Larsson, Majid Bougherra and hopefully a Graham Carr special.

• alex84

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM

yeah i think he’ll have hamstring problem against them,
    i find myself supporting Man City tonight, i hate Liverpool at the moment

• davybtoon

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:20 PM

carroll jus scored good goal

• nufc90

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

GeordieGerman yeah i see what you mean just i reckon it could be different this time.. enrique will have the upper hand having only 1year left on his contract.
    and course he’ll be injured for that game, liverpool and daglish are really starting to do my head in. hope they appoint someone else at the end of the season and the fans revolt, screwing them over for 2011/2012