Manchester United Expected To Win Tonight

Alan Pardew has never beaten Manchester United or Alex Ferguson since he’s been a manager.

Alan Pardew – hard job to beat Manchester United

He’ll have another shot tonight but now with Steve Harper likely to miss the game, it will again be a depleted side that takes on the Red Devils.

And since Newcastle have had so many injuries and suspension this year, Alan should ensure that Newcatsle have a much bigger squad next season, always assuming we are still in the Premier League of course, and that’s not certain – not yet anyway.

This is what Alan Pardew said about  tonight’s game:

“John Carver said after Sunderland this is probably the biggest game for Newcastle fans,”“I’ve never beaten them as a manager, but I beat them as player – 2-1, Old Trafford, Crystal Palace.”

“I would be deceiving you if I said I thought they wouldn’t be wounded by their Cup exit. The Arsenal result has probably given them a lift.”

“When you get a big defeat like that, you want a little lift and that couldn’t have been better from their perspective.”

“Most neutrals would expect us to get beaten or not to win. But I don’t want our public to think that, because I want our players to expect to win every game, and every game at St James’ Park for sure.”

It’s OK Alan saying that he wants Newcastle to win every game, but the form of our players in the last four or five games has not been good, and Newcastle have just one win and one draw out of the last 5 games.

That’s worrying – at least to me it is.

And all three defeats were to sides beneath the Magpies in the league table, and two of those sides – Aston Villa and Everton – are now above Newcastle in the league.

Maybe the Arsenal 1-1 draw against Liverpool on Sunday, has given Manchester United a sufficient lift following their FA Cup semi-final defeat against rivals Manchester City.

In the Arsenal – Liverpool game the Reds got a dubious penalty after 11 minutes of added time.

Unfortunately there was only supposed to be 8 minutes of added time, and didn’t Arsene Wenger and Kenny Dalglish look like a couple of schoolboys,  the way they went on at the end of the game?

My apologies to any schoolboys reading this. 😀

The way I see the Red Devils game tonight, Newcastle just have to take something out of it, but that will be very difficult because of the way Manchester United have been playing recently.

A win would be unbelievable.

• DerkaSayWhat

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Everyone loves a underdog,could it be our night tonight ?.

• Burni

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I can not wait for this match, whatever the result!

I just want the lads to want to win! I dont care if we get beaten just as long as the lads play the best they can!!

I tell you one thing though, the Premier League this season has been so topsy turvy I wouldnt write anything off.

HTL!!!

• DerkaSayWhat

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I will be please if we lose and we play really well, Just make us proud and put in a decent performance lads :).

• WWJBD

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Wolves beat Man Utd.
    We hammered Wolves.
    OBVIOUSLY we are going to beat Man Utd haha.

But seriously am with Bruni if the Toon play well I will be happy regardless of the score.

• JAMSHA

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Yessss! newcastle to beat man u.

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:38 AM

we can win this game common Magpies

• Toondoug

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Cant see us getting anything tonight, sorry for the negative.

Please feel free to shoot me tomorrow, if I’m wrong.

• AndyMac

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

This site is veeeeerrrrrry slow right now so you may get two three copies of this. Get it sorted Ed !!!!

“Pardew wants discipline from Newcastle against Man U”

Bit fecking late for that you cockney toe rag. We wanted discipline before Chiekh and Nolan got their two match bans.

Now what we need, as the yellow cards wont count any more this season, is full on PASSION from this bunch. Get in among them and dont let them settle on the ball EVER.

Remember they are hurting from Saturday but they also need to win this game so put them under pressure, deny them space to breathe and get an early goal or two to go with your passion.

Teams do beat the Mancs but only committed ones.