We Will Prepare Correctly For Important Blackpool Game

Newcastle gave a scintillating display of aggressive attacking football last night, at least for the first 30 minutes of the game against Manchester United, and it was reminiscent of the days when Kevin Keegan managed the club.

Wayne Rooney – bursts past Simpson and Tiote

But we have to admit that when Newcastle hadn’t scored, it started to look a little ominous, because how many times have the Red Devils withstood tremendous pressure, only to come right back into the game.

And of course that’s exactly what they did in the second half last night, but the Newcastle team were just determined to get something out of the game, and their courage and fortitude got them a valuable point – and they fully deserved it too.

It was a terrific game to watch, and the St. James’ Park crowd of just over 49,000 were involved in the game throughout, and gave the lads some great support – as usual.

This is what Alan Pardew told the local Newcastle press corps today about the game:

“It is such a difficult thing to sustain.” “I was pleased the crowd responded like that.” “We cannot go gung-ho against these top teams at times.”

“When I look back at some of the games we have had here, we have left ourselves too exposed against some of the lesser teams – especially at the start of the season.”

“You have to be patient. Manchester United sometimes win games 1-0 in the last minute.” “With what we have shown, you would like to think we have another win or two wins in us.”

“We will warm down and then prepare correctly for Blackpool.” “A game like that, we should win. That is the minimum if we put in the effort we did in this match.”

It would be disappointing to say the least if after such a great display last night,  the lads cannot capture all 3 points at Blackpool on Saturday, as the Seasiders look to be on their way back the the Championship.

Bottom club Wigan were even able to score 3 goals at Bloomfield Road last Saturday, and they are the lowest scoring club in the league with just 32 goals in total from their 33 games played.

So Newcastle must take this game very seriously.

3 points at Bloomfield Road and Newcastle will be safe this season – that’s an absolute certainty.

• Flood

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Pardew is right! we should win on saturday but i can imagine that being the problem! we perform poor against the so called lesser teams in the league!

I think if we can get a win at blackpool it pretty much guarantees safety! it would put us 10 points clear of blackpool with 4 games left. west ham have the most difficult run in!

• toonster88

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:01 PM

blackpool…the nightmare…beat them and send them back…

• liam85

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

See after last nights game I think we can thrash Blackpool this weekend.
    But everytime it comes to a game we should win we usually mess it up.
    If we play all out attacking like last night then we would have to win. Pure Class! 🙂

• WWJBD

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM

With how blackpool are playing should be a win. I think we are capable of getting 49 points to end the season.

I think it will be a shame if blackpool go down tho. West ham, wigan and wolves to go down

• Flood

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM

a shame? they are a horrible club! their manager is an idiot! Holloway was amusing at the start of theseason and now everytime he speaks its like he suffers from small club syndrome!

i cant wait to get rid of him!

• ToonDownSouth

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I’m with Flood. Absolutely hate the guy. All the decisions go against him, his team are so hard done by, all the other managers are so disgusting and he and his players are so perfect..

He clearly let the 100000000 times that pundits called them a “breath of f#$king fresh air” get to his head

• wynsleap

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Have to say there a few teams I’d rather see go down than the Tangerines – Wigan, West Ham, Wolves, Brum, Blackburn Rovers and our Mackem friends to name but a few.
    I think what is becoming obvious is that the Toon have a tremendous defence at the moment and when all the players are fit, a pretty impressive midfield line up.
    What is sadly LACKING is a good strikeforce and two talented goal scoring forwards should be the priority for the close season window.
    Two goalscorers would really transform this team and spending decent money on finding them could see a cracking season next time round (as long as we keep hold of Colo, Jose, Tiote etc.)

• WWJBD

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Imo holloway is funny and I love a underdog. Blackpool have way over achieved this season and their fans are brilliant.

They attack all the time regardless of opponent. I dislike only charlie adams in the squad, talk about overrated…only taarbt at QPR is more so. (Actually watched a match of theirs and he tackled his own team mate twice, doesn’t pass, has little vision, refuses to work with others and over uses tricks causing mistakes…also looked huff. Hope next season they are totally shown up)

• Davies

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:04 PM

With you on both points WWJBD (shouldn’t that have a question mark on the end?).

I like Holloway. He’s no worse than any of the other whinging managers and his team has surprised pretty much everyone. Certainly there are other teams I’d rather see drop down (not Scumberland – Why take away our chance to smack them about twice a season???).

I’m also in agreement on Taarabt. A player with a lot to learn about playing in a team. QPR can keep him. There’s no way he’d fit in at the Toon.

• cg

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Why want the scum to go down? The derbys are an absolute delight, especially when hammering them 😉

Davies beat me to it 😛

• WWJBD

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM

@Davies yeah your right but I think Joey would prefer a ! Rather than a ? Haha

I have a dirty secret to admit…Sunderland are just another team to me I always think its a bigger game to them than to us. I don’t want them to go down because they are northern (I also rather like Gyan)

Am prepared to be slated for this line of thought haha

• GeordieRob

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Tactically, I’d almost prefer to tank this game simply because B’pool’s list is SO awful that if they do survive, they’ll be bottom 3 next year. It leaves only two spots left which has got to make survival for NUFC a lot easier. Though if we play like last night, it may be a cricket score.

Personally, I think West Ham are gone. They’ve only got 2 winnable’s left Wigan & the SMB’s. It’s surprising seeing the talent they’ve got on their list. Might be able to pick up a few cheeky signings (Though please NOT Carlton Cole!)