The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle United Supporters Group Formed In USA

11:18 am, Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 34 Comments

A new supporters group has been formed in the USA, where it seems Newcastle have lots of fans these days.

Here is the official communique about the new supporters group over here in the USA, and their contacts:

=================================================================

U.S. NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS GROUP FORMED

Toon Army America is pleased to announce its formal launch, along with the release of its website, www.toonarmyamerica.com.

In light of the club’s decision to return stateside this summer for pre-season training, Toon Army America will organize opportunities for fans in the United States wishing to attend the matches. Supporters can sign up to receive e-mail updates about TAA activities for the matches, including TAA sections and ticket discounts.

Following the summer tour activities, TAA will springboard more broadly into a forum for American supporters to receive regular updates about TAA and keep up to date with the club they love.

Toon Army America was founded by a group of American friends and longtime Newcastle United Supporters. For more information visit www.toonarmyamerica.com or follow Toon Army America on Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ToonArmyAmerica

Twitter: @ToonArmyAmerica

Contact: Jared@ToonArmyAmerica.com

=================================================================

We wish Jared and the rest of the lads the best of luck, with this new supporters group stateside.

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News

34 responses so far ↓

• 1 TimToon9 // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM

krul
    simpson – samba/phil jones – collo – Baines/van anh

barton – nolan – tiote – jonas

ben arfa
    Gameiro/Lukaku/?
    I know Lukaku is a longshot, aswell as Samba, but we need a no nonsense cb, which is better than williamson.. Would also love a target man up there with ben arfa, so he could play off him.
    I would also loan out ranger/vuckic/fergie etc.

• 2 connor_nufc // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I don’t think samba is a longshot tbh. Blackburn myt be going dwn and hel defo be leaving and with r money . y shudnt we get him

• 3 TimToon9 // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:37 AM

tbh:P?

• 4 WELSH TOON ™ // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM

@ TimToon9

Totally agree with you on the centre back issue, I really like Williamson but I think he should be our backup. We need a big strong centre back to pair up with Colo. Hangland, Samba, Huth someone in this kind of category. Then maybe sell Saylor, or just keep him as 2nd backup.

• 5 danielnufc4life // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM

samba is nothing special i refer williamson but i agree we need a target man lukaku is a great player and i think he would fit right in at newcastle.

I would loan ranger out to the championship oR to QPR to get the experience and confidence back. as for fergie i would keep him and play him instead of jonas.

• 6 WELSH TOON ™ // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Ed, your links don’t work for me when I click them.

• 7 connor_nufc // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Tbh means to be honest

• 8 Billy1985 // Apr 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM

i dont want samba i dont rate him at all…..williamson has won practically every header and hasnt made many mistakes. dont forget this is his first season in premier league so i think he will get stronger next term he will be great for us. and dont forget before you want to put me straight what did yous all think and say about colo when he first came and now everyone loves him. lay off williamson because he has been a value for money and been one of our better cb for many years. ive never seen newcastle’s defence so good for quite a while now we havent really had a good defence until now really except from watson albert hottiger beresford and then that was the most attacking defence ever lol

• 9 davybtoon // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM

gervinho n sow 22m lille
    ireland 5m
    gradel 2m
    tarrbt 5m plus routledge
    mbengue 6m
    mills 3/4m or samba would bout 6/7m
    elmander, wednt, larrson, bradley johnson free
    snodgrass 2m

• 10 GEORDIE69 // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Billy1985 – Who would you rate as a centre half? In my opinion Samba and Hangeland are probably the best two centrebacks in the Premier league and Baines is probably the best left back.

• 11 TimToon9 // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:06 PM

@billy1985
    I agree, he is good value. But I somehow feel insecure every time he is close to the ball or in defence.. Maybe its just me.. And think about all the goals we would get from corners with barton and samba.. Match made in heaven..

• 12 WELSH TOON ™ // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:13 PM

@ Billy1985

Im not having a dig at Williamson I really like him, but I think we can do better, and having Williamson as backup would be a nice safety cushion.

• 13 Billy1985 // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM

i rate hangeland but i honestly think williamson will be twice as good next season because hes been more solid than he was in the championship and the year before that he didnt even play so next year he will know how to deal with the players hes came up against him this year. plus he just wants to play football unlike for example s taylor who was crying for a pay rise even though he hardly played the season before so to me he wants to play and not want a big pay check

• 14 WELSH TOON ™ // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Taye Taiwo to Milan on 3 1/2 year deal

• 15 jamesnufc86 // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I honestly think Saylor should move on this summer, he has been awful recently, against villa i thought he was shocking. And his whole contract thing , got on my tits a bit ,Agree at least trying to get Samba he is a monster of a man and goes up for every free kick/corner, possibly the strongest physically in the League

• 16 GeordieGerman // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I don’t think getting Samba or Taarabt is the sort of message we need to send to Enrique.

• 17 Sir Alan // Apr 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I’m off to watch the Orlando and Columbus game in the summer!!!

• 18 WWJBD // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM

GG whilst I agree signing Samba or Taarabt could be considered as a bad message to Enrique. I dont really think we should be dismissing targets because it might cause the bull to move on.

Samba would be a good signing imo. Taarabt I am still not personally sold on.

• 19 Partizan // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Geordie 69….Maybe i didnt understand your opinion,in case i didn’t …i’m sorry.
    But saying Samba and Hageland are the one of the 2 best CB’s in EPL,and even Baines as best LB i found it quite hilarious.

I’m not even gonna go with the World Class CB’s(Vidic,David Luiz,Lescott,Vermaleen,etc)

I will go with just simple names….: Huth,Cahil,Jagielka,Skrtel,

And as for the best LB,,,,,Jose Enrique,Evra,Kolarov……much better than Baines.

• 20 TimToon9 // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM

@Partizan
    You must be joking? Please tell me that it was a joke..

• 21 WWJBD // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM

@Partizan
    I have to agree.
    Baines best LB? that made me smile. Hes not even the best English LB, anyone remember that gun loving fella Cole

• 22 TimToon9 // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM

@wwjbd
    Cole WAS the best lb, no doubt..
    Aint anymore though, Baines for sure..
    Got 14? assist as a lb? Enrique’s got what, 3? cOLE?
    And he is defensivly sound

• 23 WWJBD // Apr 26, 2011 at 1:56 PM

@TimToon9
    Am not say Baines isnt good,he is.
    But Cole is better. As is Evra. Jose is better for us because of his link up with Jonas

Stats like assists are dependant on how specific teams play. Some base their attacks heavily on the left some on the right some straight up the middle. Jose is more used to get Jonas into a good position by pulling defenders away.

• 24 GEORDIE69 // Apr 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Partizan – Samba and Hangeland could get in any of the top four sides!!!

• 25 GeordieRob // Apr 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM

@WWJBD,

On the stats subject too. Baines take all of Everton’s set pieces, which may help to explain 10 assists this year. Cole has only 5. But both are class. I still think Cole has the edge until he loses (another) yard of pace.

People have said a few times on the blog that our list is “thread bare”. We really don’t. It’s just that we have 7 or 8 players that we can’t trust to do the job. We don’t need a bigger squad (Everton is surviving with only 19 after loans). We need a better squad so that Kadar, Soderberg, Vukic, Fergie, Lualua, Ranger can all go on a year long loan.

• 26 Geordiedoonsooth // Apr 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Who the F*** thinks we should buy Samba from Balckburn he’s rubbish S Taylor & Williamson are miles better than him as for Collo he’s light yeras better than Samba. God most of the people on here know sweet FA about football

• 27 WWJBD // Apr 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

GeordieRob
    Yeah good point I forgot he took the set pieces for the team that will up his assist number dramatically.

Geordiedoonsooth
    Samba has been linked with moves to Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Do the people behind those teams know sweet FA about football?

• 28 Crawfordladd17 // Apr 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I say we have the 4th best Left Back
    Cole
    Evra
    Baines
    Jose

• 29 chuck // Apr 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Geordie doon sooth
    I think Samba is one of the most solid CD`s in the league and thats not just my opinion.
    Better by far than any of our CD`s .
    I`m afraid it`s you my friend that knows sweet FA about the game, otherwise you would`nt have embarrassed yourself with such a statement.

• 30 chuck // Apr 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Geordie German

What has the acquisition of Samba got to do with Enrique, do you think he`s a LB ?

• 31 leazes upper // Apr 26, 2011 at 6:26 PM

would hate to see jose go especially to liverpool.we’re not their feeder club.baines would be v good replacement thou and hangeland would be class with colo.need a rb to push simpson on aswell

• 32 OhioToon // Apr 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Already have my tickets to the Columbus v. Newcastle game in late July. Can not wait!. Hopefully I can get an Updated new no.9 kit by then and cheer whomever that may be. Also hope Barton is allowed to make the crossing, with the prison and all.

ToonArmyUSA also is an alright US site..get alot of UStoons texting and posting messages.

And yes…I do not want to sell Enrique. But more importantly I do NOT want Liverpool to become the Newcastle team I was dreaming about at the start of this season. No more starters for that squad, thanks. Unless they are willing to part with another 35 mil…

Oh and Taiwo is in a lil hot water in France. Seems to be ripe for the summer free. Still want to keep the bull though….

• 33 GEORDIE69 // Apr 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Chuck, I agree 100 percent of your opinion on Geordiedoonsouth! He is not the only one on here that is rather clueless on football though! Samba and Hangeland or Colo and Williamson? No contest really! I think it maybe down to Samba not being very good on football manager, that is fooling some people!

• 34 xmindcrimex // Apr 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Samba and Hangeland are mint.

I agree, Willo is the man, but NUFC need someone even better. Though, I think he’ll get better and better for us.

One new 1st choice cb with Colo is a must this summer.

previous post: Newcastle Still In Pole Position For Swedish International?

next post: Important For Newcastle To Keep Barton, Nolan And Enrique