Steven Taylor Now Looking Forward To Next Season

25 year-old Steven Taylor cannot currently get his game in Newcastle’s central defense, but he will be going all out next season to get back into Newcastle’s starting line-up.

Steven Taylor – so short of match practice

Steven was playing in the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation charity golf day, and he seems excited about the future of Newcastle United:

“It’s exciting times for us.” “I’ve just signed a new contract and I’m looking forward to being here for the next five and a half years and seeing what we can do in that time.”

“This squad has made a habit of proving people wrong. I think at the start of the season many people thought we’d be in the relegation fight but we’ve proved people wrong again. We’ve really kicked on this season and I think the best thing that’s happened to Newcastle was getting relegated.”

“The spirit we’ve got here now is great, you want to be at training everyday and everyone is hungry to do well for the club. I think we feel lucky to be here, especially the local lads. It’s the best feeling ever.”

“We know the fans would love to replace us with new players – we realize that – but for me I think we can really kick on with this squad next season.” “As a group we’ve done well this season and we want to do even better next season.”

Steven thinks he is still not fully match fit, and that’s hardly surprising since he’s played very few games of  late in the Newcastle first team.

Steven’s best chance to get back in the first team will be next season, because Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson have been playing so well for most of the season in Newcastle’s central defense.

Steven talked about his current fitness:

“I’m over my injuries now and I’m just staying fit and keep myself ticking over,” “I’m probably lasting about 60 minutes on the pitch, it’s just lack of practice which makes it difficult when you’re coming back from time out through injury.”

“To be honest I’m already looking forward to pre-season now and hopefully I can kick on next season and that’s the way it should be.”

“I want to get back in their but its up to the gaffer and its up to him what he does. Mike and Fabricio have done a great job this season so theres a lot of center-half opposition but I’m looking forward to getting fit pre-season and hopefully I can try and get myself back in the team.”

With so many injuries in the squad at the moment, we are hoping that Alan Pardew will increase the size of the squad by maybe keeping players like Alan Smith and James Perch at the club, to fill out the squad.

But the injuries are unlikely to decrease next season, and so Newcastle should plan for a bigger, as well as a better squad,  to see them though the injuries and lack of form,  that will definitely come next season.

For the record Steven so far has 184 appearances for Newcastle and 10 goals.

• Brutooon

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM

With Collocini and Williamson playing well together, Saylor is a good backup for RB and CB.

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM

better keep guthrie and youngsters than Smith and Perch.

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

we need to build up a team from acadamy, there are such good talents there, they need to improve (and they will, just need PLAYING TIME). But i don’t think loans is the best option. What do you think?

• Rotonda heights

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM

with another club hopefully !! been found out too many times.

• roshan MAGPIE

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM

i belive we have get rid of smith we can use his wages for other players

• Rotonda heights

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Tthere are some very good youngsters in the academy as we have seen from Ferguson etc that a good manager, ie Gus Poyet could bring on.

I would much rather the younger players got a chance ahead of cheap and cheerful rubbish like Kuqi, Perch, Campbell, etc or have their paths blocked by the likes of Konchesky, Reo – Coker and Carlton Cole.

If by some miracle we do get some class players or undiscovered gems as Tiote was, then great and I will really welcome that.

However, if it’s a case of more of the aforementioned dross, under a manager looking to play for a draw at Blackpool with half an hour left to play, then please god let us get taken over by someone who cares !!

• WELSH TOON ™

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hopefully in another kit, I wouldn’t mind buying a new tidy CB and having him as 4th choice.

• dawid182

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM

He’s better than Willo and he’s also good in the air at the front. Willo should score a goal at last, Steven did that not even once!!

• Geordiedoonsooth

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Next season Steve Taylor will be the number 1 CB along side Collo.

• Weezertoon

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Hopefully he’ll kick on to another club, if chelsea want him (as if) then he’s welcome to go there.

Time and time again he’s failed to deliver, and he is a panicky ball chaser at the back. He should played at right back; right back on the bench that is.

• north east lincs toon

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM

s.taylor is the clumbsiest centre halve in the league in the tit bramble mould not improved sell to mackems 3-4 mil

• Antoine Sibierski

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM

It never fails to amaze me when people come out and say ‘Steven Taylor is better than Mike Williamson’ I mean have they ever watched a Newcastle game?! Steven Taylor is absolutely awful, every game he plays he costs us a goal, his positioning his awful, he’s like a sunday league player and if it wasn’t for the fact he’s came from the academy he would of been out the door years ago. The only thing keeping him at the club is those naive fans who think just because he bounds around the pitch like a headless chicken and shows passion that he is a good defender