Pardew Wants Full House And Win To End Great Season

The only thing that really matters now for Newcastle is that they win the final game of the season against West Brom at home on Sunday afternoon.

Alan Pardew – full house and win – please

That would give Newcatsle an excellent 48 points, and give the home fans a chance to celebrate what has been an excellent season for the team.

The players, including the youngsters who will be in the squad can then take a well deserved lap of honor for their great performances of this season.

After the terrible state of the club two years ago, the current squad has brought Newcastle back up and into the biog time, and would in all likelihood finish in the top 10 – a massive achievement and credit to all the players for that.

Manager Alan Pardew told the local Newcastle local press corps today:

“It’s there for us.” “One win and we could be in the top 10.” “Hopefully we can get the place revved up to see out the season.”

“It’s the end of what has been a magnificent season from my point of view.”

“I will be talking to people this week and making sure we can get a full house to see the season out in real style.”

Pardew wants the season to finish on a high, and he is hopeful of getting a full house on Sunday, and then have the Geordie fans cheer on their team to hopefully their 7th home win  of the season and their 12th overall win in the league.

A win is what required and it’s unlikely a draw will be good enough to have thew lads a finish in the top 10.

What we’d love to see is a very good performance from the side on Sunday, including having the youngsters come on in the second half – and that would set the stage for the summer transfer window to begin.

Alan continued:

“Whatever their views are of what’s gone on in the past, for this game it is a chance to say ‘well done’ to this little group of players.”

“That would be great because they have been outstanding in the last few weeks.”

There’s no doubt that this has been a good team performance by Newcatsle this season, with the emphasis on team.

Newcastle could have been in some trouble after losing Andy Carroll in January but Leon Best, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands and captain Kevin Nolan got the goals that gave Newcastle the points.

And with so many injuries over the last few weeks, it’s a compliment to the squad that the lads have 4 points from the last two games,  with a severely weakened squad.

A win on Sunday would be a fitting end to the season, 7 points form the final 3 games, and we can indeed be proud of the way the Newcastle side has performed this season.

Here’s hoping.

• Zangwill_Ho

May 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Come all the lads!

• lborotoon

May 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I think the most interesting thing about this game will be Enriques actions after the final whistle and wether they give an indication of his plans, i.e how long he stays out there for and enjoys the moment.
    If he does leave, I’d wish him all the best and hope he gets the success and recognition he deserves after sticking with us through relegation by means of a place in the spanish national team. sayin’ that, ill only be happy for him if he goes to a champions league club, id be quite bitter if he left us to go join andy carroll liverpool, quite bitter indeed

• coolcatcarter89

May 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM

How about naming Ben Arfa on the bench and letting him trot on with a minute to go? The ovation would be a great boost for him and the fans. Let’s try and make our last game, as feel good as possible!

HTL! 😀

• toonfan09

May 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM

i rekon if ppl are signing new contracts they will bve announced before kick off to get the crowd going

• jarra geordie

May 17, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Last post ever from me reason is that Ive come to the conclusion that Ed is just banging out as much crap as possible each day. The reason I think this is that he is probably in receipt of money from the sponsors of this blog I.E the adverts down the side of the page. Im assuming he will get a small amount depending on how many visitors there are each day.
    Most of the *stories* are just copy and pasted off News Now and other various sites.
    Every article is just copy and paste some quotes – add a bit of waffle inbetween rince and repeat enough times each day to satisfy the sponsors…

• toonfan09

May 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM

to be fair i dont even read the articles anymore i just come on to have a talk with some fellow magpies

• JUGGALO TOON ™

May 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Bye bye jarra geordie, I have alot of respect for what Ed does. Thank you for the blog Ed keep up the good work.

• toonincheek

May 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Ed does a great job, bringing together all the news and views.

jarra geordie – bet you come back, maybe under a different name, but it’s not a bet I mind losing if it keeps the negativity down.

• roshan MAGPIE

May 17, 2011 at 2:07 PM

this has been a fantastic season for us and i think we can go further ahead in next season if we bring in good players if nt great players

• scdoty

May 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM

@jarra geordie
    Bye

Ed, cheers for a season of good reads. Well mostly good reads. All in all good Blog.

• toonfan09

May 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM

can i just say to ed now that i dont read his articles because i think they are utter tosh but im to lazy to read them and prefer to get down to talking football with the fans

• magpie4life

May 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM

common we have 2 send a full house on sunday 🙂
    I hope kazenga starts on sunday 🙂

download this free shopping app
    will find you the cheapest price for whatever you search for online 🙂
    feel free 2 pass on 2 family and friends

• Klatoon

May 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Jarra

As toonfan09 said,most of us come here to talk to other magpies,especially some of us who live in places where finding a fellow magpie is almost impossible (Uganda)

• geordiefinn

May 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I’m not the one who likes to read every English newspapers (like Guardian or Sunday Sun) in hope of finding some news about NUFC. I mean, of course I like to read news about NUFC but I don’t have that much time to search them from every news sites… I hope you get my point..

This blog is awesome for me because here are all the latest news about NUFC. And it is important that the writer, Ed, is a truly geordie and cares about NUFC so I have always the same viewpoint with him.

You are doing great job, Ed!

• FarAwayGeordie

May 17, 2011 at 3:31 PM

dont want to be a pessimist but i still view pardew as a crock of sh*t manager ..

dont see us going too far forward under him .. sadly

• djm...

May 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM

This I everything a blog should be, all the recent news surrounding the club is put up for fans from all over the world to discuss. What do you want ed to do, make stuff up? These are actual quotes from our manager!

• Ben

May 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Jarra- surely he would only get cash from adverts as referalls if we clicked on the links, so don’t!
    I never read the articles either! Just for the banter.

• Cardboy

May 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I agree with some of the above comments. Ed does a good job, not always got time to scour the press. Plus interesting to see others viewpoints. Keep it up. Looking forward to Sunday shame the season has to end. The same ‘never say die’ attitude as last Sunday should ensure a great crowd reaction. On reflection AP done well to continue with the sterling work started by CH.

• Azrail Malaysia

May 18, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I’m from Malaysia & I’ve bought ticket for the game. Can’t believe that I’m going to St James Park… Should arrive newcastle on 21 May. Will waived my M’sia flag during game. C’mon, Newcastle!! Win the game so that my thousands mile trip is more worthwhile. See you there! Howay….

• Geordie Matriarch

May 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Quite agree Toonincheek. Ed’s blog is a great way for me to keep up to date and amaze the Arsenal fans who are all round me here in Islington. You can see them thinking “How on earth does this old woman know so much?”
    Keep it up, Ed, bonnie lad!!