Ryan Taylor – It’s Always An Honor To Play For Newcastle

Ryan Taylor will again  be in the center of midfield on Sunday against West Brom, and will again partner Joey Barton.

Ryan Taylor – celebrating first goal with Coloccini and Gutierrez
They must have practiced that for hours and hours on training field 😀

The former Wigan Athletic  and Tranmere Rovers player, who has 53 appearances at Newcastle, played a part in both goals last Sunday, and would like to get more games at Newcastle.

The former England U21 player told the local Newcastle press corps today:

“I used to play in the middle when I was growing up.” “It is not an unknown position to me, but it is one I don’t normally get to play in.”“

When called upon, I will always show the gaffer I want to play and give 110%.” “It was a different role. I had a job to do and I had to stick at that job.”

“I had to protect the back four and look after Frank Lampard, which is easier said than done!” “It did not feel as though it was my first game back in a while and I enjoyed it.”

When we saw that Ryan was going to be in central midfield against the might of Chelsea, with Kevin Nolan having had an operation last week and out for the season,  we had some trepidation, but the lads fought tooth and nail and gave as good as they got in the great 2-2 draw.

And of course Ryan sent in that 92nd corner, that Nile Ranger headed back across goal in great style for Steven Taylor to brilliantly head home the equalizer.

That was Steven’s second goal in as many games – and of course a yellow card for celebrating too much.

Seems like the referees are just determined to cut out the celebrating after a goal – you can tell they’ve never played the game.

Ryan Taylor has had a very tough season, and we often think this player is way under-rated but of course he’s also had a bad ankle injury that he’s just recovered from, and was unlucky to receive a red card against Bolton in his come-back game where he played out on the right wing in place of Joey Barton.

The 26 year-old continued:

“It is great when you are playing – it is the best feeling ever when you are named in the starting XI.” “To be named in a Newcastle starting XI is always fantastic – it is an honor to play here.”

“I love the place. I don’t care where I play as long as I am called upon.” “There just is no better feeling.”

“I have to do well against West Brom if called upon and come back in pre-season and show the gaffer I want to play week in, week out – simple as that really.”

The game on Sunday against West Brom is important and the lads will no doubt go all out for the win, which will in all likelihood have Newcastle finish in the top half of the season.

That would be a terrific achievement for the Newcastle side this season.

• Billy1985

May 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

ryan taylor has always done a good job for us not many mistakes from him at all. reminds me of a stevie watson type player but no one will top him due to him playing in most positions lol. but taylor is a decent player which should get more of a chance here.

• Nathaaan

May 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Off topic, but what about mackele-smith who plays for peterbourgh? Hes score 35 goals in 50 appearences and i dont think he would cost much, maybe 3-4 mil? Worth the risk?

• Geordie Matriarch

May 20, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Please can anyone suggest a friendly London pub where I could watch the Newcastle game on Sunday- somewhere with lots of other Geordies. I fancy being in on the last game of the season.

• mattnufc

May 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I doubt it’ll be on tv, all games on sunday are at the same time so sky sports and espn will be showing other ‘bigger’ games instead

• steburnip

May 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi, just bought the new top yesterday and wore it for a few hours, this morning i wake up and take alot at my top and it has a quite a few clicks on the side, i am really gutted, just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

a bouht mine from sports direct, do ya think they will exchange? thanks

• Geordie Matriarch

May 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Thanks, mattnufc – another good idea bites the dust! I’ll have to wait till next season.

• lee1892

May 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Nathaaan – mackail-smith? he’s scored 35 IN THE THIRD TIER of english footy. How many of those were pens and how many did he score last season in the championship? Blackpool wanted him in the summer but the offered got refused. He’s not exactly a young, up-and-coming player either

He’s not good enough to improve us.

• The Entertainers

May 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Good call on the Stevie Watson comment!
    A very good pro and a welcome addition to our squad, hope he stays.
    His effectivness can be viewed and how quite a game Lampard had in open play.
    Could he be Tiotes replacement during suspensions?

• toonarmy09

May 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I would deffo keep raylor ,good utility player ,RB LB ,across midfield ,and really seems to love playing for us .they r the sort of players we need instead of money grabbing baskets !!!

• roshan MAGPIE

May 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM

we should sign farfan he is good young and has got pace and eye for goal

• Nathaaan

May 20, 2011 at 2:30 PM

@lee1892 – hence why i said is it worth the risk, there is really no need for you to be so rude about it.

• geoff777

May 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Ryan Taylor & Guthrie have both done well this season.

Both are solid improving players. Hope we keep both of them.

• Burni

May 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM

nathaaan mate…. u seriously thought that was rude? grow up coz there was nowt rude about what lee said, its called a difference of opinion.

I have always rated raylor as a fairly decent player, I think he gives his all in EVERY game, sometimes more so ala bolton 🙂 I hope the kid gets the chances he deserves coz he is decent. EVERY game he has played this season… bar bolton… he has helped us score… cannot argue with that but he can be more aggressive than tiote remember the tackle on ramires at stamford bridge? the commentator was like “he tackled him so hard he almost landed in the Tyne” hahaha

• solano

May 20, 2011 at 8:09 PM

It bloody well should be an HONOUR (Ed) for him given the fact that, although as honest as the day is long, is just not up to much as a player….very limited distribution, positionally suspect and physically lightweight….I know many are brainwashed into accepting mediocrity and will cheer tryers above talent but anyone who rates Raylor and Guthrie should look up some old footage of when we were good…..Steve Watson could well start litigation against you, Billy 1985…maybe a “super injunction” is in order? 😉

• Crawfordladd17