Barton And Nolan Could Sign New Deals At Same Time

There are some Newcastle players that Alan Pardew and the Newcastle Board will attempt to sign, after tomorrow’s final game at home to West Brom.

Joey Barton – Pardew wants him to stay

Two of them that are likely to sign new long term deals are captain Kevin Nolan and top midfielder Joey Barton, with a mystery still existing as to what Jose Enrique’s real intentions are at Newcastle.

Alan Pardew has always said he wants Joey Barton to stay on Tyneside, and that’s good, because Joey is a leader at the club, along with Kevin Nolan, the captain.

This is what Alan said today:

“I’ve stated all along I want Barton to stay. Whether we can reach an agreement with him . . . we came very close before, very close, it was almost a 12th-hour decision that it didn’t get done, so we’ll have to wait and see how that unfolds.”

“Like all Premier League clubs now, the contracts and complications are difficult, all the ins and outs and tax, how it’s going to be paid, who gets paid and why, and length of contract, etc.”

“I leave that to Derek Llambias, and I just tell him ‘I want him to stay,  if we get an acceptable bid we can replace him’. That’s the conversation we had on Thursday and that’s where we are.”

“This is Newcastle United, 50,000 people who are going to do everything they can to support you. We’ve made some big advances with the training ground and that will continue over the summer – it’ll look and feel like a top club, and that’s how it should be.”

With things seemingly going into top gear on the transfer front,  it will be good if we can get say Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton signed up very soon – and maybe announce the two signings together.

But we have no idea if Jose Enrique wants to stay, and if this stuff about waiting until the end of the season to renegotiate a deal – when Newcastle are safe – has simply been a ruse for four months.

We’ll know soon enough.

• Nufc_mo

May 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM

• GeordieToon89

May 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM

“I leave that to Derek Llambias, and I just tell him ‘I want him to stay, if we get an acceptable bid we can replace him’.

a think a few will be off then

• GeordieRob

May 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Geordietoon… I agree there’s hardly any sentimentality in that statement. But they have to receive an acceptable bid first. And it seems we play hardball now… Negotiate really hard when buying and even harder when selling.

Other than the three amigos, I can’t see any exorbitant bids coming for our players.

• hainesy

May 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I was full of hope until now.

• GeordieGerman

May 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Anyone got an idea what a football agents percentage is? I reckon between 10 and 20%. So it maybe all well and good Joey saying he’ll take a pay cut. But will his agent be happy taking a pay cut?

• MonsterMagnet

May 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM

“I want him to stay, if we get an acceptable bid we can replace him.”

Is Pardew trying to take Barton down a peg or two? That won’t work. He’s said before that Joey needs to feel wanted, this isn’t going to help. What a bizarre statement. I hope this isn’t the club’s attitude towards our top players. The Kuqi for Carroll scenario shows that we quite clearly cannot get another top player in.

• bills-son

May 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I’m sure that what Pardew means is that if Barton doesn’t want to stay and they get an acceptable bid they can replace him.

Pardew has stated he wants him to stay.

I can’t see the top 4 or Spurs or Liverpool wanting Barton so he aint gonna get a bigger or better club than NUFC. Why would he want to leave? Only for money. And I’m sure he has said it isn’t just about money but more about the clubs ambition.

I’m certain he’ll stay. And if he doesn’t its not the end of the world. Thats happening a 6pm tonight according to some nutter in the USA.

• The Entertainers

May 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM

To ‘be’ fair to Pards, he speaking with a it of honesty and that at least has to ‘be’ admired.
    Hoping both sign quickly as they are THEY are the 2 most important players at the club.

• toonruz

May 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

carrol is tapping up our player s for liverpool he a bell end

• GeordieGerman

May 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

toonruz, rubbish. What’s Carroll going to tell our players? That the fans are great? They are starting to turn on him now. Liverpool wouldn’t touch Barton or Nolan. They don’t need to.

• magpie6699

May 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM

bills-son – Oh good, saves me having to take the rubbish to the dump.

• dougski

May 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM

NO THAT IS TOTALLY NOT WHAT HAS BEEN SAID IF YOU READ THE ARTICLES PROPERLY.

Pardew says him i want to stay, they can go if we get an acceptable bid.

As in he’s stating which players he wants to stay and then on another note which players can leave if we get an acceptable bid its not I want barton to stay but if a bid comes in we’ll sell him. It means I want barton to stay, smith (for name sake) he can go if we get an acceptable bid. Its been badly wrote thats why.

So don’t worry people just its been messed up on here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Burni

May 21, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Dougski…… What?

• moonraker

May 21, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Dougski

thanks for pointing-out that it’s been badly “wrote” !