Newcastle Closing In On Charles N’Zogbia


Newcastle are already in negotiations with Wigan, to get former winger Charles N’Zogbia back to Newcastle.

Charles N’Zogbia – likely to return to Tyneside

N’Zogbia left Newcastle in January of 2009, after he had an argument with then manager Joe Kinnear, and the news is that Newcatsle are about to offer the French International a bumper contract to return on Tyneside – said to be as much as £60K/week, and probably a 5 year deal.

And it could be that the news on Newcastle, that they don’t offer decent wages these days, may go up in flames soon, since it looks like Liverpool are not willing to offer Jose Enrique what he’s currently getting on Tyneside.

Jose’s wages are said to be around £45K/week, which he’s been receiving for four years at Newcastle, and that would make him one of the best paid left-backs in the Premier League, and Newcastle paid him those wages last season in the Championship too.

But news today that Liverpool are balking on paying those wages to Jose, so that’s an eye opener if it’s true – that news is being reported in today’s Sunday Sun.

Sunderland and Liverpool are also keen on the 24 year-old 5’7″ tall French winger, but we think Newcastle will sign the lad in a couple of weeks.

That will be after Newcastle sign a top International central midfielder this coming week – also according to the local Sunday Sun.

If Newcatsle can get two good players through the door in the first two weeks of the transfer window, that will certainly help to keep Jose Enrique and Joey Barton at the club.

If this news is is all true, then Newcastle look to be determined to improve the squad this summer, and will get off to a terrific start.

Don’t forget most transferred players don’t usually arrive until August.

The transfer fee for Charles will depend on how Wigan fair today at Stoke and whether they take the drop.

If Wigan stay up then they will want £10M, but if they are relegated, the People is reporting the fee will drop to £6M, but that’s hard to believe because Newcastle got £6M in cash plus Ryan Taylor for the Frenchman 30 months ago.

That would mean Newcastle get him back for less money than they sold him for, but there again Ashley seems so good at making good deals for players.

The doubts we had about Charles have been largely eliminated because he is said to be so keen to return to the Tyneside club.

That says something about the draw of Newcastle United.

Charles has 158 appearances for Newcastle with 8 goals – so far.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

139 comments so far

  • boonarmy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM

    Comment #1

    how do we no we are in talks with him already.
    Do all the doom mongers still think we wont spend a penny this window ?

    0
  • carrollsinger

    May 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM

    Comment #2

    Hope it’s true and we get all the business done asap so everyone can enjoy there hols and see everyone pre season

    0
  • GeordieToon89

    May 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM

    Comment #3

    agreed carrollsinger — be good if we can hav all our signings made before we go to america

    0
  • BlacknWhite Barmy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM

    Comment #4

    Hmmm – backward step ??
    and remember he wasnt excactly a dressing room favourite

    0
  • Jose Enrique (soon changing to 'NottsGeordie')

    May 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM

    Comment #5

    Boonarmy – we dont know that we are in negotiations. Ed just makes it all up. He saw that Charles said he wouldnt mind coming back and thinks it means that a fee has been agreed and its gonna be finalised in a few weeks.

    0
  • BlacknWhite Barmy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM

    Comment #6

    Why dont we try to re assemble the glorious team of 2008 / 2009 to see if we go down again?

    0
  • Toon1978

    May 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

    Comment #7

    boonarmy

    We are not in talks with N’Zogbia, we are in talks with Wigan..hopefully. N’Zogbia, supposedly stated that he regretted ever leaving and would come back to the club. We are no where near talking with the player from what i have seen. We do face competition from Liverpool and Sunderland thought.

    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/22/2498054/liverpool-braced-to-fight-off-interest-from-newcastle-united?

    0
  • Edd Case

    May 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

    Comment #8

    Rumour….

    There is NO PROOF of this tale at all.

    We made a desperate bid for him in January, does this mean we are in for him again???? NO!

    Besides, and more importantly, would Ashley authorised getting him back for MORE than we sold him for?

    Get real.

    0
  • Toonboy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

    Comment #9

    Ed do you have a thread to the source in which states we are in talks with the Zog?

    0
  • DerkaSayWhat

    May 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM

    Comment #10

    Should get Owen back just for good measure.

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM

    Comment #11

    i think we will see all are main targets in for the tour to states, signings after that will be to cover for any players leaving

    0
  • GEORDIE-4-LIFE

    May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

    Comment #12

    I’m new but been reading for months! cwarr07 says he will be expensive in terms of the fee and wages and cant see it happening and the all the talk about him signing is being driven from nzobias agent.
    nufc targets
    mbenge,larsson,marvin martin,gervinho,menez.
    marvin martin graham carrs fave target.

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

    Comment #13

    we have spoke to nzogbia othwise how could he be excited by pardews plans for next season as the source close to nzogbia said

    0
  • Jose Enrique (soon changing to 'NottsGeordie')

    May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

    Comment #14

    ED DOESNT HAVE A LINK BECAUSE HE JUST MADE IT UP!! This is just him jumping to conclusions and hoping that there is a deal in place.

    0
  • archie74

    May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

    Comment #15

    New on here but I was speaking to the new signing last night at gosforth park hotel Medhi Abeid a midfielder from Lens

    0
  • roshan MAGPIE

    May 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Comment #16

    Zog WILL GIVE OUR SQUAD THE MUCH NEEDED FLAIR

    0
  • Toonboy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Comment #17

    I agree with davybtoon

    Pards probably wants to keep the team spirit we have got here already

    so getting in his main targets before the tour in America, will give the team more time to settle and get to know each other

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Comment #18

    look no one knows who were talkin to as this morning proved international cm from within a week no one seen that comin, i think we cud see 3 or 4 in the next 3 weeks

    0
  • Jose Enrique (soon changing to 'NottsGeordie')

    May 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Comment #19

    Blackn White Barmy – Unless im mistaken N’Zogbia was sold in Janu

    0
  • rozehnal

    May 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM

    Comment #20

    Nzogbia no go for me

    0
  • ochytoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM

    Comment #21

    If we had spoken to n’zogbia then we would be in trouble for taping up. This article has no substance to it and I doubt we have even made an offer since January

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM

    Comment #22

    toonboy – spot on its important most players are in straight to get them involved in the great team spirit n a 2week tour of states will be great for team bonding with new players

    0
  • rozehnal

    May 22, 2011 at 1:40 PM

    Comment #23

    Bougherra from rangers will be a good deal

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

    Comment #24

    ochytoon – yea but what weve a fee agree since jan n been talking to him since then thats not tapping up

    0
  • 2_goal_tino

    May 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

    Comment #25

    He can come back- I got a ‘Zog on the Tyne’ shirt a month before he left and most definitely did not get full value for money out of it.

    Play a 4-2-3-1 next season.
    ————–Tio——–Barton
    –Jonas————HBA————–Zog
    ———‘Anyone other than Cole’

    0
  • Brutooon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

    Comment #26

    Ed, you even spell NEWCASTLE as NEWCATSLE.

    Not once !!!

    Haha

    0
  • Toonboy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM

    Comment #27

    davybtoon- Totally agree,

    as long as we keep the core of the team with the addition of top quality attacking players, Europe is a realistic possibility

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM

    Comment #28

    feck me r liverpool jus linked with every player we go after first marveux, then gamerio n gervinho, long, now nzogbia n menez i swear there theyve got a private eye following graham carr

    0
  • Jose Enrique (soon changing to 'NottsGeordie')

    May 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM

    Comment #29

    davybtoon – But there is no evidence that we have agreed a deal for Zog. I dont know where Ed gets these storys from :/

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM

    Comment #30

    liverpool r jus following graham carr marvuex, long, gervinho, gamerio, nzogbia n menez they there scouts actually do owt

    0
  • kev1664

    May 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM

    Comment #31

    Enrique has been on 65k a week since he joined.

    0
  • BlacknWhite Barmy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    Comment #32

    unrelated Q – how do you edit your profile to add pics to your messages – see enrique above?

    0
  • ochytoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    Comment #33

    There is no evidence so as far as we know, this is bollocks

    0
  • twgp

    May 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM

    Comment #34

    Bump up Enrique’s 45k to 55k and tell Liverpool to leave him alone.

    0
  • GeordieToon89

    May 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM

    Comment #35

    2 goal tino – i think Sturridge fits perfectly at the front of your forward line

    0
  • Tonytoon73

    May 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM

    Comment #36

    on the metro paper site it is saying us and liverpool are in for jeremy menez.

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM

    Comment #37

    jose – of course theres not, but there is no evidence weve agreed a fee for this international player but we clearly hav,
    the point is clubs are very secretive at this stage of the window as they try to steal a march on other clubs so deals dont get announced till there done so yes cud hav agreed a deal

    0
  • BlacknWhite Barmy

    May 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

    Comment #38

    Sturridge would be the type of player to go for, but he will cost big monet – both transfer and wages – still to be seen if Fatty is keen to advance the club!

    0
  • davybtoon

    May 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

    Comment #39

    ochytoon – think about it man if we hav agreed a fee with wigan were not gonna go announcing it incase someone hijacks deal,
    we very secretive now with deals n we wont know anyhting until there announced look tiote

    0
  • shearerno9

    May 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM

    Comment #40

    I really cannot see liverpool having a problem matching 45k a week if they are as reported going to be paying 10-12+ million for enrique, granted he is a left back but 45k???? seriously???

    0

You must log in to post a comment.