Tim Krul Looks To Bigger And Better Things At Newcastle

Tim Krul has hos most productive season ever at Newcastle,  and made his breakthrough into the first team, appearing 25 times between the sticks for Newcastle last season.

Tim Krul – good season for Newcastle

Graeme Souness brought Tim to the club back in the summer of 2005, when Tim was just 17 years old, and he now talks with a unique Dutch Geordie accent, and appears to be completely and totally committed to the Newcatsle cause, and is a big favorite with the fans.

Tim was born in The Hague in Holland, and played very well last season and had some very good games, but like very goalkeeper in the world he also made one or two mistakes.

But Krul is still improving, and he could well become a top International goalkeeper as well as the Newcastle number one for years to come.

The Dutch lad only turned 23 last month, and has received a well deserved call-up to the full Dutch squad, and we expect him to make his debut in the Dutch side during the next week or so.

Krul talked about his exciting season to the Newcastle main web-site today:

“It was a good season for the team and for me,” “We finished 12th, which we would have taken that at the start of the season.””When you are so close to a top ten finish then it is a little disappointing but in reality we should all be delighted with what we have achieved.”

“I loved this season and I cannot wait for next season to come already. I’ve had a great season this year – I played 25 games in total and am more than that. I just hope I can keep hold of the number one spot now.”

“It’s been more games than I expected, so I’m really happy with that, and I’ve proved that I’m more than capable of playing in the Premier League. Hopefully the manager chooses me again in the summer and I can fight for that.”

“I am going away on international duty, which will help me develop even more as a player, and then I just want to work hard over the summer to be fit for pre-season. Hopefully it will be another year to remember for me and for Newcastle.”

Tim Krul so far has 34 appearances for the Newcatsle first team, and will fight it out for the number one goalkeeper position in pre-season with veteran Steve Harper, and returning Hexham-born Fraser Forster, who had a successful loan spell at Glasgow Celtic.

It;s anybody’s guess who will be number one, and when we announce the winner of the Player of the Season award tomorrow, w;ell put up another poll asking readers who they think will be number one next season.

• geoff777

May 31, 2011 at 5:47 PM

“Tim Krul Looks To Bigger And Better Things At Newcastle” …. Fraser Forster?

• GeordieTwo

May 31, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I would love to hear a Dutch Geordie accent, that must be brilliant! I hope Tim can continue to improve and cut down on his mistakes. With Harper to help him along it seems like the perfect combination to me. I think the 3 keepers battling it out in the pre-season (Harper, Krul, Forster) will be fantastic competition for all 3. The team will be much better next season. Can’t wait for August!

• Andy

May 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM

geoff777 bigger yes better definite no from me! Watched him quite a lot this season for Celtic and he has been average at best. Doesn’t come for balls kicking is poor and can’t get down quick enough resulting in conceding pretty poor shots.

• Thump

May 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Forster is not PL class and I’m sick of explaining it. World class saves now and then but very sloppy other times.

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Harpers still the owner of our sticks for me but Krul is a cheeky little up start that may well take over….Forster is more the monster that I’d catch with the net

As for next season whoever out of the 3 gets the GK spot isnt my place to pick but I will support whoever nabs it

• jaw4life

May 31, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I wish he would get a hair cut…

• MarkO

May 31, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Harper and Krul are miles ahead of Forster, get rid of the tall guy he is championship level at best

• GeordieGerman

May 31, 2011 at 6:13 PM

jaw4life, I think that’s a bit unfair on Tim. Just look at Colo and Jonas.

• Toonboy_84

May 31, 2011 at 6:17 PM

He’s Van der saar’s love child

• Jan Stavik

May 31, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Krul is a great prospect. Pleased to see him being selected for the Tulips

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 6:20 PM

any twitter news lads lol not the best day today would like sum gud news

• NUFC STEVE

May 31, 2011 at 6:27 PM

GG
    I got that info!!! Great player!!!! Wat are they feeding the young lads over there??? Marin ozil muller etc
    Thanks again

• GeordieGerman

May 31, 2011 at 6:32 PM

NUFC STEVE, They eat a lot of raw smoked fish here. Then there’s raw minced pork with loads of onions salt and pepper on a crispy bread roll (took me 10 years to try it. It’s really tasty) But from what I’ve seen on the adverts. It’s Nutella.

• Nappa

May 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Anyones better than flapper harper i hope he retires

• burnsie

May 31, 2011 at 6:45 PM

nee news tonight lads?

cwarrooooooo7 baby oh yeah………………..wahayyyyyyy iv got transfer fever!!!!!

howay STUART im calling u out!!!!!!!! LOL

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 6:47 PM

ok nappa

• Thump

May 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Speaking of hair cuts… didn’t Colo say that he would shave his head if we got a euro place?

Dammit lads, why didn’t you gets try harder?!

• Thump

May 31, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Just ignore nappa, lads. He’s a sad little mackem child with nothing to do with his life. Probably comes from Pennywell or somewhere equally rotten in Sunderland. (I realise that’s like comparing turds but some turds stink more than others.)

• stephen1971

May 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM

just glad we are strong between the sticks, never been a spot to worry about for years, well done tim lad

• tomnewcastle

May 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Nappa just shut up

• CheickTiote

May 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM

21st

• JackButler

May 31, 2011 at 7:04 PM

3 top keepers fighting it out for 1 place can only be a good thing

• geordieupontyne

May 31, 2011 at 7:11 PM

@toonboy84…thats what worries me.both are the same nationality and with van der saar retiring and sir alex searching a new keeper…hope he doesn’t eye on krul or that van der saar might influence krul.just a personal thought really

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Nappa

Lol, you are fishing again mate. One hell of wind up merchant hehehe. Not being funny or nothing but in all fairness Harper is a good keeper and has been a loyal servant to NUFC. He is better then a lot of keepers in the EPL. Speaking on Krul, this kid is going to be a top keeper and we may struggle to keep hold of him in the next few years. Not seen enough of Forster to have an opinion but we need to remember the EPL is a league ten time more difficult then the SPL. On Gervinho, i really think he will be off to Arsenal as he seems to be top of Wengers list. I may be wrong but from reading different sites and reading what he said i think Arsenal will be his destination. Hope to bring in N’Zogbia and Sturridge but a lot of hard work needs to be done to get their signatures.

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 7:13 PM

aw weres every1 at like bloody ghost town lol
    hello…..hell….hel….he….h
    is any body out there …. out there….. out there…..

• burnsie

May 31, 2011 at 7:19 PM

im here toony b but nee one else is mate! hahaha

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 7:22 PM

i am here 2 but where is every 1

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM

toonruz

Just commented on your Twitter. You sre so confident on Gervinho mate. Hope ya right. I’m not so sure pal. Think he’ll go to the Gooners.

• t00ntime

May 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM

The last thing I heard on twitter from cwarr was…

berbatov is a lie

the gamiero offer ( 10mil ) was accepted but he is still exoected to goto valencia for bout 8mil

Gervinho is prepared to announce his choice of squad this week. ( it has also been said that gervinho will ONLY be bought if gamiero goes away )

it has also been said that zogbia is getting packed and coming to newcastle.

barnetta ( or how you spell it ) will not be coming here as he is probaly not premier league level….

and thats all i have heard today 😛

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Maybe ed should just have a poll regarding Gervinho. So we will know how many live in their dreamland thinking Gervinho will join us. lol.

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM

@t00ntime // May 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM

We will not be getting Gervinho or Gamiero. Most likely we’ll end up with Demba Ba and and exciting unknown under 5million winger. Maybe Pennant or Gradel.

I would be just as happy.

• Oba

May 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Cwarr said that Gervinho chose us.

He’s a liar.

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM

good to see a few lads on lol, any crack boys
    n ana this is a wierd question but dyah reckon any lasses post on ere coz a always say lads lol

• t00ntime

May 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM

o there is a new rumor out now… liverpool ( of course ) have put an offer in for joey AND it has been accpeted by newcastle and now its up to joey to say yes or no.

SERIOUSLY why do liverpool feel the need to steal our players…

am i the only one who thinks dagleish came to newcastle all that time ago just to destroy us ??

• IndoInvest

May 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM

we will get gervinho

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM

oba how the f**k would you know hes a liar howay oba enlighten us

• IndoInvest

May 31, 2011 at 7:33 PM

@ t00ntime, I believe so too. he came just to finish us off since liverpool sucks big time back then

• t00ntime

May 31, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I hope we get gamiero or some other high profile striker as that is still our main need. with a real striker we should coast to the top 10

o i asked joey bout the liverpool situation wonder if he will reply 😛

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 7:39 PM

ilovetoon8788
    Gervinho will sign

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM

toontime

Liverpool and Dalgleish make me physically sick. I am sure he IS out to destroy us. He takes Carroll, wants Enrique and Barton and now he wants Gervinho. I hope he fails miserably at Liverpool and their fans turn against the ass hole.