Dimitar Berbatov Says He’s Going Nowhere

Well it would have been great if it had happened, but it looks like Dimitar Berbatov will not be arriving at Newcastle – at least not this summer.

Dimitar Berbatov – I’m going nowhere

The Bulgarian super-star told a Bulgarian web-site yesterday that he had no plans to leave the Premier League Champions and Old Trafford.

Dimitar was left out of the squad for the European Champions League final last Saturday, in spite of the 20 PL goals he scored that won him the Golden Boot this year with Carlos Tevez.

And to make things even worse, he was left out of the squad and replaced by Michael Owen, a player who has had a career warming the bench in the two years since he left Newcastle.

And it looks like Michael will be doing the same thing next season,  as he has signed a one year extension.

Has anybody whispered in his ear that football players should really play football?

He’ll be a long time in retirement and now’s the time to play football, before it’s too late.

Dimitar has even apologized to his Bulgarian fans,  for not making the bench and this is what he said yesterday:

“I want to apologize to everyone for not taking part in the final. I hoped to make the whole of Bulgaria happy with my play. This did not happen and I can only say I am sorry for myself and for the Bulgarians, who expected to see me.”

“But there will be new finals and we will be fighting for new titles. I am moving ahead. When you go through difficult times, you should not quit.”

It seems that Dimitar is a mature footballer, as he stayed in the dressing room to watch the game on Saturday.

He probably would have shown his disappointment if TV cameras had been able to focus in on him during the game – which they would have done of course.

The 30 year-old goal scoring machine continued:

“The truth is that I stayed at the dressing room and watched the Champions League final there, on a TV screen. I was really disappointed. I was ashamed that I was not part of the team and did not want people to see how sad I feel.”

Dimitar has one year left on his contract,  so there will be many top clubs next summer trying to sign up the free agent.

Whether one of them will be Newcastle United. we have no idea.

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

lads ana sum1 gunna cum n have a go at az for this, but am not sayin were lookin at these players or anything but heres a list of players we shud be looking at wen gameiro turns us down
    Moussa Sow
    brian ruiz
    mevlut erding
    loic remy
    jimmy briand
    daniel sturridge
    Guillaume Hoarau
    Género Zeefuik
    shane long
    gary hooper
    there al from leagues and teams carr has watched so very getable

• Nufc_mo

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Did Berbatov say this after he put on a Newcastle Jersey?

• Nufc_mo

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM

How did i miss the first part of the quotes?!?! lol…

““I will stay. I will fight for the 20th title. If I were an easy quitter, I would never have made it this far. Everything at Manchester United starts from scratch for me on July 4.””

Completely skipped that part…

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Speak for youself Ed. I do definitely not think signing Berbatov would be “great”

1) hes 30 so will only have a few more years at the top.
    2) hes so lazy
    3) he would disrupt the team morale
    4) there are better, younger players we can get eg. Gameiro, Sturridge, etc
    5) his wages would be too high (hes probably on around 80k + a week

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

NottsGeordie..

But dude…the man has goals in him who CARES if he is 30 Olic is 30 and he is cruising…. Ok Lazy so was van Nistelrooy but he has goals in him this was a pity…..

• roshan MAGPIE

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM

gorgonzola

He would greatly disrupt team morale, his wages are sky high and wouldnt you rather have Gameiro or Sturridge?

• roshan MAGPIE

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM

i would have liked him to be our no 9 for few years untill we re establish our status in premier league K

• davybtoon

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM

gervinho said next 48hours n that was 2 days ago so it will b today at some point

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM

NottsGeordie

Hmmm You do have a point…..

Lads more stuff on Demba Ba:

I am not to familiar with this fellow any good?

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM

davybtoon

And cwarr07 has been saying it is a big day for Newcastle

• boom boom cheick cheick the room

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM

i cant believe anybody gave any credence to a story that was only in the sun newspaper i said all along it was pure tripe remember ur headline ed BREAKING NEWS. yeah i hate to say i told u so.

• a dnt think we shud entertain the idea of berbatov he may have 20 goals but he got
    3 hatricks =9
    2 goals in a game 2ce=4
    5 in 1 game so realy he only scored in 8 games, we need sum1 who scores more frequent than that, if that makes sence, he also had sum of the best players in the world givin easy goals, also heard he smokes and goes thru a bottle of vodka a week

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I must selling Carrol was hugelly stupid… thats the magic of Ashley…. did anyboyd talk him into it it was out of the blue… I liked him tall and not easy to catch strong….JUST what needed… We are missing that DUO striker partnership we where so famous for…

Ferdinand
    Shearer
    Asprilla
    ( i know most of you hate him but while he was out of injury he was pretty lethal) Owen

I must say I am pretty sad that turned out the way it did… man had huge support at our club I even still have his named shirt.. 🙁

• boom boom cheick cheick the room

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

@ gorgonzola that link is to a three day old story it hasnt moved on at all since

• GeordieToon89

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM

He didnt say next 48hrs he said “during this week” Ba is a great signing on a free mind if we can work some magic on his contract

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM

gorgonzola

Hes a good player, powerful, strong in the air, quite fast and a good shot. The problem is he has a really bad knee that is an injury scare. Stoke were going to sign him put he failed a medical and they said his knee could break down at any time.

• davybtoon m8 he sed this week lol cud be any day

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Nottsgerodie??
    No he hasnt….he said big day today……
    no mention of Newcastle, he is just revelling in you lot hanging on his every word!!!

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Notts we talking bout Carrol ? Hmmm I dunno maybe it wont break things happen in football…Look at my country man Olic dude is a fucking OX yet bang broke out whole season…

Perhaps the timing couldn’t have been worse halfway season and boy we felt it..

• boom boom cheick cheick the room

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM

ud wana get a new shirt u thight f***er gorgonzola

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Could mean anything, could mean big day because he hasnt had a pony and trap for three or four days and he took a laxative this morning…..the qwuicker the better the amount of sh1te he is spouting, must be brimfull…..

• toon_tomma

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Look what just come out of sky sports news this could be a big day!

Could soon be a double raid on Lille for Newcastle United, according to reports in France. Lille confirmed at the start of the week that midfielder Yohan Cabaye is set to join the Magpies, while L’Equipe claims attacker Gervinho is also primed to move to St James’ Park.

• Mings

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

This is a really good blog, i`m a huge Newcastle fan from Norway, and i read this blog all the time. I just read in lequipe and it was something about Gervino in it.

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Boom Boom sorry I was not aware of that 😀

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BsSTO5218&feature=related nufc_mo this is a video of ruiz any1 hus interested

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Angry

Hes talking about Newcastle and i dont hang to his every word. I was just saying cwarr07 thinks Gervinho is joining, i actually dont think he is joining because everything he has said like “wanna play champions league” to “would love to play for arsenal” so why would he wanna join newcastle a club that was in the championship last year. I am however very hopeful and desperatley want to be proved wrong.

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

“ud wana get a new shirt u thight f***er gorgonzola” Hey dude I dont have thousands of pounds to spend on new kits every season so I will keep my Owen 10 not my fault happened as it did.

However I unlike so many out there think new kit is superb, pity we pissed a 3 goal lead in it… **** we looked awful in the second half.

• Stuart

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM

It wants to be a big day for newcastle today! I’m going crazy already with the speculation and we’ve still got over a month of it to go!

Just abit of news now to settle the nerves would be great!

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:00 AM

toon_tomma on the website or telli

• aaronjd

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Anyone else think ROSHAN magpie is under 12 years old.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Nottsgeordie, where does he say its about Newcastle?

Just interested? Coz I just looked and he hasnt said anything to numerous questions from twatteres re Newcastle having a ‘Big Day’?

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Haha what makes you think that aaron

• toon_tomma

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

• NottsGeordie

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM

What do you think its about then? Course its about Newcastle thats the only bloody thing he talks about!!

• boom boom cheick cheick the room

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM

@ angryman ha ha classic but cwarr better go easy on the laxitives the shite is comin out of his ears as it stands whe he said it was a big day i thought it was his 12th birthday give it 2mins and we will have 09nufc09 on defending him.

• Kurt

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM

• AussieToon

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Looks like a training T-Shirt

• gorgonzola

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM

It looks superb…. Blog above this rumors of a second being orange….

• boom boom cheick cheick the room

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM

i wonder if cwarr still climbs into the sack with his ma and da during the night thats probably where he hears all the secret COMINGS and goings.