Yohan Cabaye – I’m Happy, I’m Really Happy

Yohan Cabaye has given his first interview to the Newcastle web-site, since arriving yesterday and becoming Newcastle United’s first signing of the summer.

Yohan Cabaye – happy to join Newcastle

Yohan has been at Lille since 1998 and it’s the only club he has played for so far in his career, but of course that will soon chance once he starts playing for the Magpies.

The 25 year-old had this to say on the official Newcastle web site:

“I’m happy, I’m really happy. I’ve just seen the facilities and the magnificent stadium. The people are very welcoming so it’s really great to be here.””I want to adapt to the rhythm here, which is a lot quicker (than in France), and it is one of the best leagues in the world.”

“I like being on the ball, playing with ball and making lots of passes. I am not a big dribbler, but I like unsettling the opposition with short or long passes. I like going for goal, but I am also a player who knows how to defend and make lots of effort to get the ball back.”

“I am very excited for the season ahead, especially when I see the stadium and the facilities here. I am excited to start training and to meet my new teammates.”

“I am really excited about discovering the Premier League, St. James’ Park and all of Newcastle’s fans, and hopefully this season will go as well as possible for the team and for me. I am really excited to wear this new shirt.”

Yohan seems a great guy and we have a feeling he will become a big fan favorite on Tyneside.

Certainly if he’s as good as we think he is,  he could be a big success at Newcastle.

It’s just terrific to have Yohan on board.

• nufc90

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM

1st

• ohcoloccini...

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:28 AM

read somewhere that yohan haid the most touches in the league last year. must be pretty influencial if that same team (lille) won the leauge

• marcos_nufc

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM

I think Alan Pardew has got an opportunity to play a 4-5-1 formation, with Tiote,Cabaye,Barton,Nolan and Gutierrez in the midfield. He can also play a 4-4-2 formation and use Gosling and Ben Arfa. It depends on the opponent for example if Newcastle play against teams like Chelsea,MUFC,Arsenal and Liverpool we can play defensively, I mean a 4-5-1 formation but against weaker sides we should play a 4-4-2 formation with Gosling in the midfield and Ben Arfa upfront like a second striker.Alan Pardew has got more options but I would like to see Nolan and Barton signing new contracts, they are leaders in this squad and good players, we cannot change too much it is not good for the team.If we can keep Jose Enrique,Barton and Nolan, the team will develop a good rapport as they are key or core players.

• gazza going fishing

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:32 AM

ohcoloccini… – I read that too mate, he can keep the team organised and moving constantly, great signing. I think if we get marvin martin, gervinho, n’zogbia then we have one of the best midfield in the prem. Doubt we will do that though lol.

• roshan MAGPIE

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:32 AM

i think he can become great at NUFC

• Newfrancernal United

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:40 AM

cwarr07 Colin
    All the talk & reports today are incorrect re Gervinho nothing has changed #nufc

Hmmm, still hope then?

• dazza

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:43 AM

may as well give up on formations with Nolan and Barton included.

Realistically is will look more like:

?? – cabaye – tiote – jonas
    ben arfa
    ba/??

• MacToon

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Good luck to the lad, seems like a good deal and hope he settles quickly.

Ed doin an all-nighter by the looks of it.

Cwaaarrrrr007 1 outta 3 so far
    Cabaye…… done
    Gervinho……?
    N Zog…….?

• Brutooon

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:04 AM

He sacrifice champion league football next year and join us????

Only a football legend will do that decision

CABAYE !!!!!

• Angryman the (Mildly) Angry fan

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Wo wo wo mactoon! The journal called cabaye long before wankkis!
    He always bullshits every transfer window! Watch jan!! Though after I outted him 3 months ago…. His stock is low and he may not bother! Ask him where done deals for bentley and keane are? Oh and arshevin and bendtnar!! 1 outta 3! If you had semi intelligence you could predict 2/3 outta 3!

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:31 AM

• Baro

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:15 AM

someone already mentioned this i really liked it!
    Demba Ba should sign for us and it will turn out to b like this….

Ba . Ba . Baro . Black n’ White

Ba . Ba . Black n’ White

• Baro

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:16 AM

LOL!

love saying

THE STADIUM OF SH!!!!!!!!TTTTEEE

• Baro

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Sums up the EPL 2010-2011 season.

Great song + Great video!

• Drona

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM

what the hell please change the blog font, Ed. It’s hurting me eyes !

• GeordieRob

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Hello all…

Toonrulz and Dave1961 suggested that we may be getting a visa for Gervinho. I’ve had to do business with the Border Agency and they are dead strict. No one, a footballer or otherwise, will get a visa without a job. He must sign first and then get a visa second.

So while I am hopeful he’s still coming, he is not being held up by a visa. I assume he’s auctioning himself to the highest bidder…

• Toonmania

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Anyone know what shirt number Cabaye will be having ??

• lee1892

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Wore 7 at Lille, so I assume #7 if Barton goes… Wore 6 midweek for France too

• lee1892

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Also seen people were panicking yesterday because N’Zog said he was going to London – his cousin Wilfred Tsonga is a pro tennis player and is in the semi-finals of Queen so could be heading down to watch him play?

• ToonST

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:29 AM

great player. Welcome Cabaye

• samag

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM

think we’re gonna have spanish speakers on the left, frenchies down the middle and the brits on the right :-]

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Yohan is great player and person too. We are very lcky to have him in our squad.

————-Krul—————–

——Taylor-Coloccini———

Jonas——————-Enrique

———–Tiote—————–

————–Gosling———-

—-Cabaye——–A.Johnson*

———-Ben Arfa————-

———-Demba BA^———
    ^ would like to have sturridge
    *also could be zog,or fergie but i prefer AJ
    Sub:
    Harper
    Fergie
    Best/Airey
    Simps/Travenier
    Willo
    Nolan/Barton
    Vukcic/Donaldson

Arfa as free creator, he may move to right wing (but unnessesary)
    in the space leaving center to Yohan and Dan.
    I think Jonas could link up well whith Arfa.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Tired of people thinking we have any chance of landing Adam Johnson!

We have more chance Landing Kevin Gameiro then we do Adam Johnson. And Gameiro has already said he isnt coming to Newcastle

In other words. We have NO CHANCE of landing Adam Johnson.

He is a brilliant young winger though.

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:08 AM

i don’t believe we have any chance of landing big name players anymore. our next few signings will be unknowns from Carr, hopefully hidden gems. and freebies. everything on twitter is rubbish. no wonder toonruz has gone into hiding.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Anyway, change of subject.

Would not fancy being an arsenal Fan right now….

3 hard to replace (well Clichy not so much) key players linked with other clubs and most likely on the way out

Diaby might be a closet Spud fan.

RVP has criticised their young english players (Wilshere and Walcott etc) and stated they are no longer title Contenders …

There do seem to be similarities between Arsenal and Newcastle though in terms of players who may leave…

1. Clichy / Enrique, both influential LB’s
    2. Nasri / Barton, both played on the wings
    3. Fabregas / Nolan, Both team Captains and influential in the center.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Toonruz. If your reading this.

I TOLD YOU SO – For Gameiro
    I TOLD YOU SO – For Gervinho

🙂

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:11 AM

ilovetoon8788

Here are three Diamonds im hoping Carr has suggested

Marco Fabian De la Mora – 21 yr old mexican winger, 9 goals in his last 12 appearences

Jonathan Santiago – 32 goals in 36 appearences last season for the Barcelona B team

Shaqiri – Reminds me of Laurent Robert.

• GeordieRob

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

9:09 Update: Man City and Tottenham could join Arsenal and Newcastle in the hunt for Lille star Gervinho.

SSN

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

@Nufc_mo // Jun 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM

lol.. he’s permanently gone.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Jonathan Soriano* Not santiago… 9was watching Goal today)

Shaqiri is 19 yrs old and Soriano is 25

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:13 AM

I warned Toonruz about pulling a Twatter on Nufcblog…

• NottsGeordie

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Lee @ 17
    Probably 5 or some high double digited number 🙂

Drona @14
    I prefer this font 🙂 dont change it Ed!!!

LTU @21
    Yeah mo’s right we have no chance of getting AJ. Why would man city sell him?

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM

@Nufc_mo // Jun 11, 2011 at 9:11 AM

well lets just hope. unsure if we can attract Shaqiri though. Heard the vultures are already watching. My wish is for us to sign championship players. Will be value for money. We are not capable of challenging any top clubs for player’s signature at the moment. If clubs like Arsenal or Spurs are in for them, we should quietly just withdraw our approach and find someone else. Thus, Snodgrass, Gradel,Ashley Williams,Beechio,Shane Long is my dream signings. Will cost less than 15mil for all!

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:18 AM

SkySports Update: Man City and Tottenham could join Arsenal and Newcastle in the hunt for Lille star Gervinho.
    ————–
    I really wish we just stop wasting our time and focus on Nzog or Hoillett. Just give up on him already.

• LoonyToonyMagPieMan

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:18 AM

• Drona

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I heard from a friend who works as a journalist for the chronicle that pardew met n’zogbia last night in london

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

@ilovetoon8788

You never know 😛 He may opt to join us over the others

Apparantly Ryad Boudebouz is rumoured to favour a move to Newcastle over Liverpool… dont know if theres is any truth in that Story 😛

Reasons why Adam Johnson is a non starter

1. Young and Talented
    2. English (therefore Expensive)
    3. On the edges of Man City’s first team
    4. High wages
    5. City want 17mill for Jermaine boateng, a lad they never play and only bought for 10.4mill. Meaning AJ’s price would already be over 20mill
    6. City know we have 35million to spend

They will want atleast 20mill if not a figure close to 30mill for the Lad.

• Cardboy

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Good postive signing in Cabaye. Great news to start the day with, not too sure about Ba but only as far as the injury side of things. Commitment and quality wise seems good and knows where the goal is for sure.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

@Drona

How is that Possible when Pardew (i think not sure) was with Cabaye confirming his signing?

• Nufc_mo

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I love how two out of the three Manure players the mackems are after, are not keen on playing at the Stadium of shite.

Wes Brown and O’shea are waiting for better offers apparantly.