Joey Barton Tries To Back-Track On Twitter Comments

On Sky Sports tonight it seems that Joey Barton, in his top hat and tails at Royal Ascot,  tried to back track from his twitter comments earlier today.

Joey Barton – wants to stay at Newcastle

Joey has said he hopes the Newcastle club will move ahead and that no player is bigger then the club, but he will still be friends with Kevin even though they will be at different clubs next season.

Barton has said he is not pushing for a move away from Newcastle and says he is still happy at St James’ Park.

“I love the football club, without a shadow of a doubt, and I think everyone knows that,””I have a great working relationship with the manager and a lot of the other players, obviously the other senior players who have been through the ups and downs – the likes of myself, Kevin Nolan, Stevie Harper, Smudger Alan Smith.”

“I have got no ambitions to leave the football club, I don’t want to leave the football club, and I would love nothing more than to win a trophy at Newcastle.”

“It’s a difficult situation and I totally understand the club’s point of view, but on the flip side it’s hard for me to get drawn into it.

“I am an employee of the football club and I have to go back and do a job in the summer. As far as I know I will go back to Newcastle United and play until my contract runs out and they tell me I am no longer needed.

“I have got no ambitions to leave the football club, I don’t want to leave the football club, and I would love nothing more than to win a trophy at Newcastle. Whether I get the opportunity to do that is out of my hands.”

“I am an employee of the football club and if they choose to do something, I would be foolish not to listen to it. If I’m not wanted then I believe greatly in my ability and I would have to re-evaluate my options.”

“That’s the situation we are at at the minute. If that’s the situation in a month’s time then I will report back for pre-season training, if it’s not then it’s not.”

“It’s all hypothetical at the minute and I’m just trying to keep myself in shape and get myself ready for a league campaign with Newcastle United next season.”

Joey will not be the last one to put out an impulsive tweet on the spur of the moment, but once it’s gone, it’s out there.

• toonthompson

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM

if he wants to stay let him

• Thump

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM

That was quick…

Don’t think he was ‘backtracking’ as much as explaining in more than 140 characters.

• Ollieh51

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM

His agent blatantly just called him – Joey, we have had no emails back from ALL clubs in the PL after I contacted them saying you want out…

CALL SSN, QUICK!

• rozehnal

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM

• toonthompson

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM

or if he want to leave let him

• connor_nufc

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Gd to hear

• rozehnal

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Damn lol

• JackButler

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Tell West Ham they can have Barton as well

• Thump

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Also just noticed Steve Wraith is stirring again.

Hi folks…gutted Nolans gone..i’ve been in touch with him…he’s gutted to

Words can’t describe how much I hate that man.

• toonthompson

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:38 PM

hope not!!!!!

• Geordiedoonsooth

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Wouldn’t mind a swap with West Ham Nolan for Parker

• hainesy

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Seems like we are still favourites despite that givemefootball rumour. Wouldn’t trust them if they paid me.

• Benton Toon Exile

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Bye! Bye! Joey.

• GeordieToon89

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

a think if wer selling these players then all proceeds should be transfer funds plus an extra 15million from tv money so we should get:
    £35mill from Judas

Mcgugan – £3million
    Taylor – £1million
    M’Bengue – £6million
    El Arabi – £4million
    Gardner/Gibson – £5million
    Ba – Free

obv wont happen but well i can only wish.. not tht i want Nolan/Barton and Jonas to leave mind

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

If we lose our core of the team and our team spirit gets destroyed.. we might as well go down our relegation path. seems like Ashley never learns.

The year we got relegated we had a very strong team on paper, but had a non-existant team spirit. Barton and Nolan had strived and created some sort of spirit in the dressing room. If there’s no one to keep all our new signings in check.

No amount of quality signings is enough to prevent us from having another disastrous season.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM

he’s just realised he won’t get 65k a week anywhere else. so much for his principles, he’s a total g.bs…e
    want him out now.

• TemuriKetsbaia

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Joey Barton – Limited to 140 brain cells…

• Stuart

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Loving your optimism ilovetoon…

• boater

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Geordiedoonsooth… I would be utterly horrified to see Parker back. He is the master supreme at looking good in losing sides. He didn’t suit our style – stymied our passing game, looked completely out of his depth for england, and couldn’t make an impression at Chelsea. He is older and considerably LESS mobile and able to get up to support the strikers than Nolan.

Apart from that he’s perfect.

Having said all that,

• Rotonda heights

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM

what the hell would be the point in swapping parker for nolan. Parker is 2 years older !! get with the programme ! Tiote does enough circle turning for us.

• arfa chance

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM

New contract for nolan accordingly offered by west ham is £55k per week 5 yrs. Ummmmm wonder why he is agreeing terms x

• ginkoh

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Nobody feel sad if Ashley die tomorrow, that’s fact.

• JackButler

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM

wouldn’t mind seeing freddie sears coming in as a good young squad player?

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM

@TemuriKetsbaia
    . . It’s worrying that he is one the brightest players in the side!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM

barton has stopped good playes coming here and one half a good season doesn’t suddenly make him a god. At the end of the day he’s always going to be trouble. Just wish he was someoone else’s problem.

just hope he doesn’t kick cabaye iif he’s not getting a game.

• Kris

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Maybe Newcastle will try to get Parker in the Nolan deal?

That wouldnt be too bad!

• ChicagoToon

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM

First off and most importantly, glad to see Ed’s feeling well enough take back over.
    Second, Barton-a wank that should be sold. Too disrespectful and too big of a head
    Third, Nolan, getting older and replacements will keep him out of the starting 11 anyways. Too high of wages for a sub.
    Fourth, if either Jonas, or more likely Jose go, then the other becomes significantly less effective. They work off each other well. Replacing Jose will be harder but if we sell him, I think a swap (+cash) of Jonas for Menez. Menez has a falling out in Rome, Jonas would love to play in Italy. Win-Win

• Kris

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM

@ ginkoh

Totally agree!

• JackButler

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO to PARKER

• GeordieToon89

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM

we 110% wont be getting parker back too old and not wont offer anything.. i can honestly see us playing 4-2-3-1 next season with the 2 being Tiote and another holder.. ive heard from a couple of academy players tht the coaches told them before they left for holidays tht next season will be the start of something special in terms of the way we play our football.. Pardew is apparently being very strict to the way he wants us to play and is getting it through all the way from the younguns

• grumpy_old_sod

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I think that Barton has realised that he doesn’t have the fans behind him as much as he thought. I think that ollieh51 is right about his agent making him explain himself.

Too late Barton, it’s time for you to find another club who will tolerate you (don’t know who).

• belfastmagpie87

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM

would everybody want tiote out,if he mouted off about the club on twatter???

not defending barton,but i dont think it would be the same story, if it was tiote..

• Baro

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM

seriously Joey Barton is my favorite player at this club. He is just magnificent and just awesome footballer. A leader, he has changed as a human, and got his 2nd chance from Newcastle, if it wasn’t for barton and nolan we would without a doubt b in npower league right now. i really hope we keep their leadership in this team, total dushbag derek, and mike are..

• Andy

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Steve wraith. What a nob

• bigdan1980

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:53 PM

this wraith character is a complete pleb, been on the phone with “kev” and “wor joe” he done the same with “big andy” the name-dropping tw@ hasnt a clue, and the players dont even know the bloke i bet. in a facebook style “like” this statement if ive hit the nail on the head

• GeordieToon89

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Jack Butler – a dont personally want any of west hams players apart from Ba and Hines who are free agents anyways

• JackButler

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM

belfastmagpie87

Tiote is to professional to go mouthing off on twitter, that’s the difference

• ChicagoToon

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:55 PM

First and most important, glad to see Ed’s recovered well enough to take back over. Hope all is well.
    Second, Barton’s a d!ck and should be sold.
    Third, Nolan is getting older and we are trying to get younger. The incoming players have taken his spot and Nolan’s salary is too much to be on the bench.
    Fourth, Jonas and Jose are effective when they play together. Without the other covering for them, they are considerably less so. If Jose goes (which is likely) then I say we swap Jonas (+plus cash) for Menez. Menez had a falling out in Rome, Jonas wants to play in Italy. Win-Win

• toonthompson