Demba Ba – Newcastle A Great Club – Interview

We just watched Newcastle new signing Demba Ba being interviewed by Sky Sports and he seems just delighted to be joining Newcastle.

Demba Ba – at Newcastle this afternoon

He has also been talking to Newcastle United TV, and this is what our new signing said this afternoon:

“I’m very excited to be here,””Everything has been sorted out and now I’m happy because I can start to focus on playing and scoring goals for Newcastle.”

“This is a great Club and a very good team, so to sign here was an easy choice to make.”

“I have spoken to Hatem Ben Arfa about the Club and he told me how happy he is here,  and how big Newcastle are, so I’m really happy and I can’t wait to start playing.”

“I know a lot of famous strikers have played here before and I will do my best to win games for the Club.” “When I step on the pitch, all I want to do is win games, and I think the Premier League is a good league for me.”

“I will keep on working hard. I’ve heard that the atmosphere here is great and I can’t wait to score some goals in front of our fans and here that atmosphere for myself.”

Well, Demba Ba will get his chance on Saturday, August 13th, when Newcastle entertain Arsenal at the famous St. James’s Park.

• gonz

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Nice lad! glad he’s here

• gonz

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Just for Nick69! FIRST!!

• gonz

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I really like how Ben Arfa has been doing a lot of the work to get these players to sign for this big club. He’s only played a handful of games for us because of his horrendous injury, but he has been earning his wage off the pitch it seems aswell. Like I said earlier, hope he’s trying to convince the likes of Martin and Gomis, Gervinho maybe?

• Toonboy_83

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Ed, do you have English TV? Your satellite must be enormous.

• rozehnal

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Seb larrson NEXT!!!

• GeordieTwo

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Good signing escpecially if used carefully. Hope his injuries are behind him but a natural goal scorer. Why the rumours we have put Best on the market? Why not keep him for the bench and in case of injuries. Another striker is probably coming in but lets part ways with Peter and Shola not Best. Otherwise things are going well but would still like to see a bigger signing.

• gonz

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM

@Rozehnal

No way mate! We can get better players than him

• mattnufc

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

@5 hopefully not

• Toon1978

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Shame H.B.A wasn’t with the French squad from their previous games lol.

• Toonboy_83

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I hope we still sign: Erding, Shane Long, N’Zogbia, Barnetta/Gervinho, Martin (if we’re lucky)/Ryad and replacement for Enrique when he leaves.

In my estimation those players would be out of our price ranger, but we’ve got a new signing today so we’re all feeling optimistic!

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Can’t wait to see who our next signings are..

• rozehnal

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Yeah I know we can but MA will see him cause he’s free

• GatesheadMag

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I think we should keep Shola, until Aug31st anyway.. just until he helps us tank the mackems anyway.

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM

we still have a chance with gervinho athink just like ben arfa everyone thought he was off to germany but came here instead

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM

now is the time to splash abit cash but still think were tying up lil signing first so we know we have backup then go for our targets

• Toonboy_83

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I really hope we buy Marvin Martin or his buddy Ryad Boudebouz who favours joining us both players would absolutely be quality for us.

• samigee14

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM

ed when are you going to remove kevin nolan from the newcatsle united banner at the top of the webiste 😛 shame to see him go like

• Dannyo

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM

@ rozehnal // Jun 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Your claims are as good as the players name u’ve chosen 😛
    Should say it all me thinks.

• belfastmagpie87

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

gervinho aint joining us mate,think toonruz has even admitted defeat on that one…lol

• Andy

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Is nobody a bit nervous about having the derby so close to the start? Some players take time to settle and realise what this club means and there is no game when knowing the expectations and desires of newcastle is bigger than a derby. Hopefully we get the players in early doors give them a bit longer to get to grips with it. Can’t wait for this coming season nonetheless! HWTL!

• Dannyo

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

@Toonboy_83 // Jun 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I’ve been shouting for weeks! U have Nolans replacement right there. Yohan will be Bartons replacement me thinks. Due to him not given a number just yet, as some speculate.

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

think pardew has done quite well as far as transfer are concerned soo far tied up ben arfa quickly in jan got 3 players know 4 including hatty then plus more hes going good and quick and there not exactly bad signings

• niafron

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

A good joke today: Sochaux’s president claim 20 millions euros for Martin.

• Dannyo

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Ryad Boudebouz that is…

• gonz

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I don’t think Enrique will leave now. I’m feeling very optimistic, but the way Liverpool have been bidding he must feel they don’t want him that badly becuase once they want somebody they get them in quickly with massive fees. Plus can they match the wages of this fantastic deal we’ve offered?

• GeordieRob

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM

@Dickinsonjunior,

I agree we should dust off the wallet now, but Gervinho, I think you’re being very optimistic. Hope you’re right though…

• GeordieJames

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Welcome to the Toon Lad!!

Should get 12 -18 goals I reckon get Erding in now and lets smash the gooners then SMB. HWTL

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM

and a think that is why we have soo many freindlys to get the newer players to gel with older ones but by looks of it be few changes to first team imo ad say at least 3 max 6

• GeordieTwo

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Belfastmagpi87 Eto’o has indicated he wants to come to the Prem and Arsenal are supposed to be after him so maybe Gervinho would reconsider us? Still not sure of him myself mainly because of his size. Still a long way to go and hopefully several top signings!

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

gervinho would be hard but still a tiny possibilty but we can do better he dont look like wants to come so he can jog on go for martin boudebouz or suljemani for wingers then matuidi and sturridge on loan walker loan and mangala

• Lachu

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

i think benny & ba are big buddies , hats off to HBA

• Toonboy_83

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Dannyo // Jun 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was saying earlier, Barton will be shoved out of the club.

Andy // Jun 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

No way am I nervous pal, the mackems are buying the likes of Seb Larsson while we’re buying world class players like Cabeye and beasts like Ba. No competition my friend.

• niafron

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

OK, so, Cabaye and Ba in, Nolan out.

Well Cabaye replace Nolan, but he lack his passion and charisma.

Ba is a good reinforcement, but he’s maybe not the top striker needed. And there’s his Knee’s problem.

Well, anyway, the club have not spend money yet.

• super bartooon

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Great coup for newcastle absolutely delighted with our business for Ba as for a 29 year old demanding a lengthy contract ship him out to the needy hammers…by the way Ed about time you replaced nolans picture in the banner with Cabayes in the words of Barton “THE KINGS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING”

• roshan MAGPIE

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

i guess our next signing will be on next friday and i guess it will be naylor

• dickinsonjuniour

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

anybody see sturridge the other night for england he was fantastic hit the bar etc good long shots on target just about everytime was excellent

• belfastmagpie87

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

think gervinho to arsenal is done m8,to be confirmed in the next 24 -48 hours.

• stuckdownsouth

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

This a ggggggreat signing. Ben Arfa and him up top next season will be fantastic.

• cousto

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hopefully he’ll step up to the challenge

• dave 1961

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM

this is the interview Pardew did after the Carroll sale and guarantees all the Carroll money will be reinvested in the squad, I don’t care if we spend £5m or £55m as long as we get the right players in, I want a team that is capable of competing for the Europa league, and as long as they give it a go that would be enough for me. all this agent fee’s and wage crap is purely that, players come & go this clubs hear until doomsday.

1 2 3 11