Arsenal And Liverpool In For Jose Enrique


News today that Newcastle are close to tying up a one year loan deal for England International Wayne Bridge.

Jose Enrique – Arsenal and Liverpool interested

And so you have to think that Newcastle are resigned to losing Jose Enrique, and news today that Liverpool, having missed out to Manchester City for Arsenal left-back Gail Clichy, will now try to sign Enrique.

Arsenal will also want to replace Clichy and Arsene Wenger could come in for Enrique, so we have to hope there will be a bidding war for the Spanish U21 International – to drive the price up.

Arsenal will be flush with cash with £7M from the Clichy sales and heaven knows how much they will get if Cesc Fabregas goes to Barcelona and Samir Nasri also leaves for pastures anew – maybe as much as £55M for the two?.

Indeed there are reports in London that Arsene Wenger has targeted Enrique – along with Everton’s Leighton Baines – as potential replacements.

The Reds have been linked with Enrique ever since January, when Andy Carroll was sold, and it’s an old and stale story, to be sure.

But Arsenal’s interest in Enrique and Liverpool’s failure to get Clichy, could force The Reds to move quickly to tie up Jose Enrique.

Certainly with Newcastle said to be close to completing the loan deal for Wayne Bridge, the club must think Jose is on his way.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

33 comments so far

  • Stuart

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM

    Comment #1

    Yawn! This article has been slightly re-worded about 1948192 times so far this summer. I wish he’d either hurry up and leave or sign a new deal.

    We all know which he’s going to do so he should just hurry up and leave.

    0
  • eaststandgeordie1982

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:29 AM

    Comment #2

    Just put 10m price tag on him wenger puts tags on his players i.e cesc

    0
  • Lee Dodd

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    Comment #3

    Same Old Sunday Newspapers Trying to Stir it Again !!!!! Do you Think Ashley wants an Old Left Back ??? Bridge will be out Injured for 15 games of the season Anyway So It Will be another Sol Campbell Sinario so The Mirror The Mail etc Just Bog Off To London and Stirr the Crap There !!!

    0
  • dmac

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM

    Comment #4

    Really dont want Jose to leave but like stuart said reading about this is beginning to bore me! Either sign a bloody contract or sell him asap.

    0
  • eaststandgeordie1982

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM

    Comment #5

    Its like the gervinho story

    0
  • Stuart

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM

    Comment #6

    ….just had to go and mention Gervinho! One day this summer we will go a whole day without mentioning him haha!

    0
  • ronaldeano

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM

    Comment #7

    When this transfer window closes I hope the fat greedy bast@rd has spent even SOME of the Carroll money…
    If he dosent, him and Pardew are a pair of lying cockney fcuk pigs ONCE AGAIN
    Keegan would be right about what he said about him
    35 million reinvested in the squad????
    What 35 million? WHERE IS IT?
    Don’t even bother to tell us it’s ALL gone on wages for a few free players Mike you greedy lying bast@rd…
    SPEND SOME OF CARROLL MONEY NOW

    0
  • JackButler

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM

    Comment #8

    If Jose wants to stay he would have signed by now, transfer list him with a price of 10mil and let people fight it out for him, one way or another lets get this story over and done with

    0
  • Stuart

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM

    Comment #9

    Once again, you sound like a child throwing a tantrum.

    0
  • slazberger

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

    Comment #10

    surely we will find something out this week regarding his future. the club said they had’nt heard anything as he was on holiday, but i would think once there back at training either he or pardew will have some news for us, dont know if it will be good or bad (probably the latter) but at least we will know.

    0
  • kilcline

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM

    Comment #11

    If we did sell Jose for £8m and then got Bridge in on loan to replace him then i think Ashley is asking for trouble, the money that Judas brought in has not been spent.

    What makes me laugh is people say AC money is for wages etc true, then please remember to take into account what AC was on as well! It would add up to more than £35m.

    Ashley is a prick.

    0
  • eaststandgeordie1982

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM

    Comment #12

    Stuart i will bring it up every day now haha even at xmas

    0
  • elpaso_geordie

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

    Comment #13

    I will say it again and again but Newcastle will not be splashing out fees of over 6-8 million pounds on ANY player this summer.
    We all know zogs price is set so why havent we bid eh ??? why wait till someone else wold and start a bidding war…..
    possibly cos we arent interested in signing him maybe…

    0
  • Brutooon

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

    Comment #14

    10 million and a swap deal with gibbs

    0
  • Spike

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM

    Comment #15

    If the Carroll money is being spent on the running of the club does that mean that if he had decided not to $od off to Liverfool the club wouldn’t run?

    Of course not. It means that they are using money from player sales to replace money that would have been used to run the club. So when Llamearse says that every penny will remain in the club it is, but instead of money that should be used to run the club.

    I’m not even fussed if they only spend half of it. But for gods sake, we need some money spent rather than frees and loans for crocked players

    0
  • JackButler

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM

    Comment #16

    anyone else think that the club will move players out first smith/perch/xisco and other fringe players in order to reduce the wage bill before we’ll see any new players coming in???

    0
  • ASTORIA

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM

    Comment #17

    Yawn!!!

    0
  • Stuart

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

    Comment #18

    Yeah, bad business to get a £10m rated striker for free like. Damn you MA, damn you straight to hell!

    0
  • Stuart

    Jul 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

    Comment #19

    @Jack – we have to find someone to take smith perch and xisco first hahah!

    0
  • No.9

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

    Comment #20

    Aye put him up for 10 mil and if there are no takers just keep him for another season. Why don’t all these idiots who want to leave take a look at given, where is he now? Sitting on a bench which he didnt even get a sniff of an FA cup medal. When he could of been a proper Newcastle legend. Enrique is good but he is good but he’s not that good

    0
  • JackButler

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM

    Comment #21

    Stuart

    I’ve always been optimistic, but your right maybe I’m pushing it a bit there lol

    0
  • dmac

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

    Comment #22

    I have never heard such waffling detrimentsl drivvle as i have on here the past few days. The fact is regardless of money (which alot of you obssess over) we are in a better situation now than before. We will still sign players there is f@cking ages left. So stop getting your knickers in a twist and judge when the window is closed.

    0
  • Darryl

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM

    Comment #23

    @11 – Unbelievable. Really, what andy carroll was on? So your talking abour a further 2 million yeah to that 35.. not even a 8% increase. apparently he doubled his wages going to pool which puts him in the 40k category.. so your saying someone is a prick, because of that 2 million. Some fans, seriously.

    At the mo, with all wages for THIS year paid for, we have around 20million left. of course, if your including the whole contract.. that’s a whole different story.

    0
  • dmac

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM

    Comment #24

    Haha good luck shifting perch and xisco think those freeloaders may see there contract out.

    0
  • Darryl

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM

    Comment #25

    oh and another thing, as i’ve previously said.. right now we have a better squad than last year. If we keep on improving every year with 4-5 players coming in, with maybe 1-2 leaving… we will end up with a big versatile squad.

    0
  • toonfan76

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

    Comment #26

    We all know what the problem is, the club got a few players in really early in the transfer window, Suddenly everyone’s expectation levels are increased because of the early movement. An expected 35mil still sitting burning a hole in the clubs pocket so everyone thinks it’s time to spend spend spend. Club doesn’t want to get fleeced so they are trying to be carefull but every club knows we have this money so it’s gonna be a tricky window, if we all just calm down and wait something has got to start happening soon or Ashley is in it up to his neck.

    0
  • roshan MAGPIE

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM

    Comment #27

    guys there is no way we are going to bring wayne bridge to NUFC cause HE IS OLD HE IS ON HIGH WAGES AND ASHLEY AND CO SAID THAT THEY WONT BRING IN ANY PLAYER ON LOAN

    0
  • Nick 69

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM

    Comment #28

    People keep banging on about the wages coming out of the £35m, fact is we’ve got Nolan, Carroll, Campbell off the wage bill which is about £110k/week, which more than covers Ba Cabay and Marveaux. If he wants wages etc to count towards the transfer budget, then its got to work both ways. i.e if we sign a player he takes there wages from the budget but if we get rid of someone then the budget should go up because of there wages saved.

    0
  • Robby Bobson

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM

    Comment #29

    If jose leaves its got to be izzaguire coming in

    0
  • toontoonblacknwhitearmy

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM

    Comment #30

    Hopefully Ashley doesn’t sell him to Liverpool, I would be really gutted if he went for a cut price to them… Arsenal fair enough, Champions League but if he goes we MUST cash in on the over inflation in the transfer market for english based players- get £10m+

    0
  • dave 1961

    Jul 3, 2011 at 12:41 PM

    Comment #31

    if Jose Enrique ends up at Liverpool for £15m would it be Synacle of me to wonder if it was a done deal after all, we have an opportunity to invest and get the squad that can challenge for more than avoid relegation, is it to much to expect to win something one day, I have paid my season ticket money, seems this like most other revenues disappear down a black hole, too many football managers, I don’t play games then watch a small screen for free, I pay to go to games, our owner invests as little as he can get away with, claiming to invest in a none existent youth policy when we are bringing less through than were in the 1980’s. I have no problems with Ashley making a profit but we need to invest, fill the stadium, get back the many 1,000’s of fans Ashley’s driven away. at some point we need to say to a player, we need you more than the money, and get away from every player has a price.

    0
  • banjax

    Jul 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM

    Comment #32

    Good luck, but good riddance to Enrique. The least he could have done was come out and tell the Newcastle fans he wanted to leave after all the support and encouragement they have given him. Time to move on and look for a good player who wants to play for the colours.

    0
  • Graeme

    Jul 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM

    Comment #33

    Would be absolutely fantastic for the Arse and the Bin Dippers to be fighting over Jose. He’s obviously on his way so TOON want maximum return on investment!!

    With these two fighting for him, I guess £15 – 20 Million all the way pmsl. Bring it on – with ONE proviso!!

    EVERY PENNY RAISED MUST GO TO SQUAD IMPROVEMENT!! FCB please note!!!

    0

You must log in to post a comment.