Still Plenty Of Time This Summer for Newcastle

When was the last time Newcatsle signed four new players by 18th June?

LuaLua – could make permanent move to Brighton

That’s what Newcastle did this summer, with signings of Yohan Cabaye and Mehdi Abeid, and then Newcatsle signed Demba Ba on Friday 17th June followed by Sylvain Marveaux at 2:00 am on the following day – not too shabby.

So Newcastle have moved faster in this summer’s transfer window than for many many years.

And yes, it’s also true that we seem to have been stalled a little,  in tr ying to get Kevin Gameiro, Mevlut Erdinc and Charles N’Zogbia though the door recently.

But there are still 53 days left in the transfer window – and that’s plenty of time to get more players though the door, and move some players out too.

And remember some clubs like Blackburn Rovers haven’t signed any players yet.

Newcastle would like to move out Wayne Routledge, Nile Ranger, Leon Best, Alan Smith and possibly Joey Barton, and those players could be used in part exchange deals too.

We wouldn’t be surprised if Routledge is a Nottingham Forest player before the weekend is out, and that £2M fee looks a good one, and it will be a great move for Wayne too.

With Nile Ranger,  it could depend on the form he shows in early pre-season, because this lad has skills galore, and could still turn out to be a good player, but the first club in with the £1M asking price will get him.

Alan Smith could move to Leeds, but his huge wages are a problem, and Newcastle could even move out Jonas Gutierrez, but we hope not.

Kazenga LuaLua could also move to Brighton this summer, so there are still lots of moves to take place, and over seven weeks in the transfer market still to go.

And only yesterday Alan Pardew made a very popular choice in selecting Fabricio Coloccini, which has met with overwhelming praise form our readers with 93% approving of Fab as the new Newcastle captain.

Yes, there have been some disappointment this summer, as usual, but Newcastle have also moved ahead aggressively too.

So we all probably need to be just a little patient – difficult though that is for a lot of us.

😀

• Spike

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM

It’s a long wait. Hope our fears are unfounded

• JackButler

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM

transfer windows for nufc supporters are pure torture.

• alex84

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM

It will be interesting to see who we go for now, long most likely,

Sturridge would be my choice, but very wishful thinking.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

yeah and some clubs like blackburn havent sold their two top scorers aswell.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM

alex84 please dont start with the sturridge one again i cant take it anymore

• nellyboyben

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Essen out for season, will Chelsea be coming after Tiote?

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM

nellyboyben……………no they will not be after tiote id say A.V.B. will be after someone he knows and has worked with a good bet for me would be lassana diarra!

• HarryWorth

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM

There is still plenty of time…. but we have been down this road before so dont build your hopes up.
    Ashley is keeping hold of his money and is not at all bothered about anything than Premier League survival.
    He will spend what he thinks he needs to to stop up, nowt else.
    Like last season we will have a decent first team but one of the weakest squads.

• jimiley

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

We should not be wasting our money on expensive players and those demanding big wages. mike knows what he is doing. How can we compete with the likes of Citee and the other top teams who can spend 100 million? we have to accept that we cannot win anything and settle for mid table. Mike has spent all the Carroll money and we have a damn good team. We have to take little steps forward. I think we will win something in the next 20 years but we have to be patient and allow Mike to develop the club as he thinks best. Come on the Toon. A good cup run would be great and 9th in the league would be OK by me. I have been supporting the Toon 50 years and missed the fairs Cup win in hospital so have never seen them win anything. Another 20 years without a trophy would not bother me but I hope Mike can deliver a trophy before I leave this planet!!!!

• Tommyy

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I think if we don’t get a very good striker (in the region of 8 – 12 million) and say N’zogbia or a similar driving winger who can play on either wing as he can, I will be hugely disappointed! All this talk of the 35 mill was all fine and dandy until we had those unacceptable quotes trying to usher us into believing we have almost spent it all. Not a chance. Yes, fair enough we may have spend maybe 15 mill of it on signing on fee’s, agents fee’s and possibly first year wages, but not more than that surely!? especially with Nolan money and his wages off the books as well. I’m just struggling to fathom it all at the moment, We can’t be much different to Villa structurally and they seem to be quite willing to spend the Young money to replace and improve. Hell, even Sunderland are doing it! I just can’t see why we aren’t, it will be a sad day in all of our eyes if we become that constant midtable side that noone really has any expectations of doing anything remotely ambitious or exciting.

• alex84

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Boom Boom, no offence but i never bang on about who i want to sign, and yep sturridge has been mentioned alot but it just wishful thinking, nothing wrong with that.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

i know that its just that its so gervinho-esque it wrecks my head!

• Eastander

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM

sunderland have said they wont be bidding for n’zogbia

• Nevermind the B0110cks

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Nellyboyben.
    Last day of transfer window for tiote. 😉

• BigKirky

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Just been watching Ben arfa on you tube again… I just can’t wait to see him play!!!! Goin to darlo to see em all get a run out.

• Lachu

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

any update Ed on the forrest midfldr u mentioned we bid 1.5mill .. 13goals and 16 assist is not bad ..

• Nevermind the B0110cks

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Ps I am not a neg or negger, I am just looking at it from a business perspective, and mike ashleys business deals. A creature of habit.

• Nevermind the B0110cks

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Mike knows the longer he waits the more he’ll get when selling (players). Manure, chelski and arsey nil all now sniffing around tiote from what I understand. Nice little bidding war with one of them snapping him up with a big bid on last day of t window.
    🙁 would be devastated, but unsurprised!

• ross armstrong

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

a good defender and striker in before arsenal and i will be more than happy!! that would mean we would have 7 good new players to come in !! lets just hope we dont sell
    three main players for us this season for me
    tiote – the lad is a fantastic player , lets just hope he doesnt get as many bookings
    cabaye – i think this lad is gonna be our buy of the summer , ive watched play a few times for france and he is such a tidy player
    colo – this lad is just gna be oozing with confidence now after getting the arm band , he had a great season last and i think hes gonna be a rock at the back for the toon
    and 2 i think could be a massive hit if they stay fit would be
    demba ba – prooven goalscorer and very strong , gota feeling if he stays fit he can get 20 goals for us this season
    and last but not least my favourite of the bunch
    wor ben arfa – back from injury after a terrible tackle by de jong and IF he stays fit i dont see why not this lad can get 15 assists and 10+ goals , he is a massive talent and so exciting to watch , lets just hope his leg is healed so he can rock the premiership 🙂

• tommyL

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I’d really like us to go after Defoe. Didn’t have a good season but you just have to look at his stats for 09/10. He wants first team football as well.

Tiote cannot be sold this summer.

• Jury is still out but as we’ve spent all our money on these “free’s” it looks like we’ll have to sell to buy and then 10% (if we’re lucky) will be reinvested in the team.

Seriously though, we are maybe waiting to free up some wage money like from Smith or Xisco or even Barton, Enrique or………..

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

We need to sign a quality striker now!!! Come on!!! I really thought we could manage to pull off the Erding deal so this is a huge blow. We need someone before the team flies to America in over a week. That way the whole team can learn to play with each other, bond and start a striking partnership and understanding in the US. I am getting impatient now, I have been quietly biting my nails up til now but I don’t think I can manage it much longer.

We have a good first 11 as it is now but we need an extra striker at least for me to be more at ease. Any injuries to our current squad and we’re in serious trouble again.

• JohnnyBrookes

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

what this means I have no clue. This is not an ITK. this bloke is the nufc fanzone commentator:

DazWilliams Darren Williams OBE
    @nufcfans a very reliable source tells me there is a going to be BIG news at a press conf before a sporting event on 15th July #NUFC v #DFC?

• Newcastle Knight

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Lets go for Royston Drenthe

• 09nufc09

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Tiote already turned chelse down once, chelsea want pastore and modric. Arsenal dont spend big money on players and man u have signed jones who can play dm.

Johnnybrookes… Is that the real one? And if it is i would believe him seems a die hard fan, never forget him hitting a mackem i think on the head with a blow up hammer and saying were hammering yous lol

• JohnnyBrookes

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Yeah its really him 09nufc09, hahaha yeah he is class!! But yeah he just posted it on twitter, I would be inclined to believe him too, he is not an ITK and has never posted bollox on there.

I literally pray its a sale! haha I tweeted asking if he had any inclination of what it would be.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM

jimily

‘Another 20 years without a trophy would not bother me’

Then you are perfect NUFC fan for Ashley since your lack of ambition clearly matches his. I would have thought 50 years following NUFC would make you desire a trophy all the more.

• dave 1961

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

jimiley I wouldn’t mind a bottle of what you’ve been drinking, god help you if you ever win the loto. even a tenner would be like the jackpot.

• JohnnyBrookes

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

he just messaged back saying “watch this space”

I wrote “any inclination of what it might be about, im praying for a sale?”

make of it what you will. he could be talking shite but you never know!!

• JohnnyBrookes

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM

guys Jimiley was clearly being sarcastic

• shamsoftabriz

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Anyone else a bit hesitant to ship out Ranger? He has some tools, good height, and is still young. Why would we let him go for 1Million? After Demba Ba, do we really have much depth? I’d rather be the team that BUYS Ranger at that Price so he can come into his own on my squad, rather than the fool who sells cheap just before the flower blooms. Would we rather keep Lovenkrands or Ranger? I say Ranger.

• nikopapavasiliou

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM

i’m sure Llambias never said none of the money has or will leave the club and he said our signings so far have cost more than people realise. i don’t know how some fans have came up with the idea he said it’s all spent.
    i think the board are running the club effeciently, altho i still don’t get why we sacked hughton.
    one thing about ashley he takes the criticism off the players and manager. some fans just whinge regardless and i’d rather they took it out on him than the players as they used to

• nikopapavasiliou

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:29 PM

i agree about ranger, i think once he gets a goal and a run in the team he’ll be top class. he works hard on the pitch has good skills, speed and strength all he lacks is the tactical know-how. might as well loan him to blackpool or something. he’d score more golas in championship than shane long

• seanodinho

Jul 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM

1st

• giimps

Jul 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

scumderland also say theyre a good team, wouldnt trust them at all…..time will tell though
    HWTL

• moonraker

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM

jimiley; I too have been supporting Newcastle for over 50 years but unlike you, I am desperate for the club to win something; and I have to say you are in the vast minority cos I thought we all felt like me.

We blew our best chance when we lost out on the league to Manure in ’96 or whenever it was. I still havent got over that blowing a 12 point lead and all.

Then we had successive FA cup finals against Arsenal and Manu. I went to Wembley for both of them and we were pathetic. I also went in 74 and 76 again we were second best.

I think the policy being adopted by the club is the only one as we cant now compete with Chelsea and Man City.

However, despite my dream of winning a trophy, I dont envy any other clubs supporters whatever their success and I will support the Toon forever.

Remember there are other big clubs a lot worse off than us and some not even in the PL.

Howay the Lads 🙂

• moonraker

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM

jimiley apologies if you were being sarcastic. Thought you had given up all hope. Did you really miss the Fairs cup final cos of hospital? no one’s that unlucky! ha ha

• Stuart

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Chelsea had a bid accepted for Tiote in January apparently but Tiote himself turned down the move as he didnt want to live in london.

Doubt thats changed in 6 months.