Stoke Again In For Chelsea Striker Daniel Sturridge

This may be some stale news today,  but Stoke City have reportedly  made a bid for Chelsea striker Danny Sturridge.

Daniel Sturridge – will he stay at Chelsea?

Looking at our archives,  it was reported by the Daily Mirror back on 24th June,  that Stoke City had made an initial bid of £6M for Daniel Sturridge, so whether this is a regurgitation of that story we don’t know.

The Independent is reporting today that the Potters have offered £6M for the Chelsea striker, so it does seem this story may be a regurgitated one.

It will take  more than £6M to get Sturridge, and the local Newcastle press are saying he is priced at £20, which is why Newcastle are not interested.

With André Villas-Boas now in charge at Chelsea and with Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka being moved out this summer, it could be that Daniel will stay at Chelsea next season.

There’s no way Daniel is worth £20M, but at around £10M he would be a great buy for Newcastle, but for some reason Newcastle just don’t seem to be interested.

Sturridge played great at Bolton Wanderers this year, and scored 8 goals in just 12 appearances for Bolton, and that’s during a time Bolton were slumping badly.

Bolton would love to take him on loan for next season, and we suppose that could be an option for Newcastle too.

While at Manchester City the England U21 International scored 6 goals in 32 appearances,  and since joining Chelsea (for £3.5M plus add ons) in 2009, he has scored 9 goals in 41 appearances.

But we’ve seen no sign at all that Newcastle are interested in this player – and why we have no idea.

• SwedishMagpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM

this Karim Ziani is just made up rumours because he is free agent I think (hope). we should spend our money on a fast striker like

Daniel Sturridge 12m
    Seydou Doumbia15m
    Mevlüt Erdinç 8m
    Nathan Delfouneso 7m
    Shane Long 7m
    Gabriel Agbonlahor 10m
    Obafemi Martins 6m

and a right winger like

Jérémy Menez 8m
    Charles N’Zogbia 9m
    Tranquillo Barnetta 7m
    Marc Albrighton 8m

• ToonDownSouth

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Sturridge articles are getting about as boring as Enrique articles!

Big transfer fee and big wages – what is there to possibly suggest we would be remotely interested?

• SwedishMagpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

1st haha 😉

• LisburnMag

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Far too many people who read this blog play football manager! FACT

• hainesy

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Anyone that watches u-21 football from time to time may know a couple of these players but if not you should go and check them out.
    First one is a player that has just been promoted from the B team to the Villarreal first team. As I said before they are my favourite club outside of the UK. They have an unbelievable finisher at the club named Nicki Bille Nielsen and he is one of my favourite strikers at the minute, he is one of those players that you like to watch when he isn’t even on the ball because his vision and space-making ability is second to none.
    I also like Benjamin Stambouli of Montpellier, he has good ball control and despite being below Six foot he is surprisingly strong and has a good aerial presence.

I recommend you check them both out. There a couple of good videos of both players but here is a rather old one of Nicki

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

arghhhh!

No offence LisburnMag but I hate it when people put FACT at the end of their posts haha!

• arfa chance

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Latest WUM rumour on twatter. The press conference on Friday is to announce Berbatov as a signing ha ha classic

• Andy

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I admit it i’m a football manager geek!

• WWJBD

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

arfa chance
    Who said we are announcing Berbatov?

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

So glad I don’t have a twitter account lol.

• GeordieRob

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

It’s a 5 minute conversation…

“Hi Roman, it’s Fat Mike. How much do you want for Sturridge?… 20 million?… What? Pounds?… Right 20 million quid. Will you take 5?… No, you want the whole 20. Oh well then… No thanks. By the way, what ever happened to TVR?”

And that’s why Sturridge ain’t coming…

• LisburnMag

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

@ stuart, sorry m8 lol

but it winds me up when people start listing all these players from god knows wat league who they obviosly have never saw play but know them through playing football manager……was gonna put fact for a laugh but ill leave it lol

• hainesy

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hate it when you write a great big f**k off post and then no bugger replies to it 🙂

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I’m the same like but out of the players Swedish listed we’ve been linked with around 9 of them this summer and they’re all relatively well known, and for the most part feasible transfers.

• Indian Magpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Lisburn Mag @ 12

Fact!!!!!1

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Guess what…

• Indian Magpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

What!!!!!!!!!!

• boonarmy

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

id be well happy if we got ziani for free and forgot about n zogbia. and then spend the money on doumbia ? would any one else take that?

• Indian Magpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I thought we had to guess Smooth loves shola but as we all know thats a FACT!!!!!!!!!

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

We play our first game in just 4 days!!!!!!! 😀

• arfa chance

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

“tinamac2703: @toonmania1892 @Jaynufc11 @cwarr07 @nufcfans Berbatov to sign on Friday. Heard it here first. That’s the press conference. #nufc”

• WWJBD

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

hainesy

Personally I didnt read your big post mainly because you didnt leave gaps in it

like this. Just makes it easier to read and I struggle with big block texts

Next time you write a big one break it up a bit and people might comment more haha

• CynicalasEva

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Big vlubs buy big players that have big fees and big wages FACT (just for Stu – AKA son of Ashers)

• JackButler

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Breaking news of Sky Sports News

Stoke have offered 6mil for Chelsea tea lady, Ethel Sturridge.
    Ethel, 86, is known throughout the Premier League as making the best cup of tea in the country.

Come on, Henderson was sold for 18mil for god’s sake, and they offer 6mil for this lad???
    Someone explain to Tony Pulis that Ambramovich? is not exactly short of a few quid

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

@boonarmy – over the last four seasons Ziani’s stats are… Played 70.. Goals 4.. Assists 6

Thats probably worse than Jonas. I’d definately take doumbia though!

@SMS – Can’t wait like, already got me ticket, just wishing the week away now!

• Indian Magpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Smooth loves Shola @20

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• arfa chance

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Nikki looks like a good finisher hainsey

• hainesy

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

WWJBD – Better?

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

@Cynical!

I’m proud of my dad! He’s a great, giving, vocal man! Or my name isnt Big Mac Ashley!

• CynicalasEva

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

LOL

• CynicalasEva

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Heres me thinking you were a narrow minded, control freak :}

• BiffBaffBoff

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

The fact is that, despite all the facts that have presented themselves to us, the facts are still unknown, and that is a FACT!

• WWJBD

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

hainesy
    Far better (for me atleast) haha means I can actually read it without getting lost

As for the subject…I havent seen anything of them so cant really give you an opinion but if they are young fast and cheap……get them in

• LisburnMag

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Mike Ashley is a c**t, now thats a fact!

• Stuart

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Haha, shouldnt have mentioned my pet peeve about the word FACT should I?

• WWJBD

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I would also imagine Carr has been at a load of under 21s footy games so you never know

• SwedishMagpie

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

boonarmy I would love Seydou Doumbia. from what I have seen he is twice the player Daniel Sturridge is.

• JackButler