Neil Taylor Deal Could Go Through Early Next Week


Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins now says he is confident  that Neil Taylor’s strange contract situation can be resolved, and that’s without having to go to a Barclays Premier League arbitration panel.

Neil Taylor – Newcastle player next week?

The news yesterday was that Neil himself had asked for some guidance from the Premier League, and it was reported that an arbitration panel could start looking at the case within a couple of weeks.

If that happens,  it’s really hard to think there would be any other outcome than coming out in Newcastle’s favor, and we think Jerkins knows that.

The 22-year-old full-back’s contract  has a £1M release clause in it, but it seems that Swansea are unwilling to honor it, and they say it only allows other clubs to talk to the player – which quite simply is a strange and unsustainable position to take.

Jenkins has said he is hopeful of resolving the situation by early next week, without having to go through a hearing, but that will mean Taylor will miss Newcastle’s American tour,  which will be unfortunate.

It would have been a great time for him to get to know his new Newcastle team mates.

Jenkins was asked if the Neil Taylor case will go to an arbitration board, and the Chairman told Sky Sports News today:

“I don’t see that happening. I think either way, things will be concluded between us and Neil and we will deal with it and move forward.”

“The main thing is we are hoping to get everything resolved if not by this week, early next week, and we will conclude things to our satisfaction then.”

 “I am always confident that we can get out of the situations that we want, and we will make sure we do that for the best interests of our club.”

“Neil is fine. He is a young lad and perhaps all this has been blown out of proportion. We have got to make sure we protect him and he is looked after and he settles down and looks forward to the new season.”

“With us gaining promotion and being involved now in the Premier League with all the new media attention that we are now going to have, things like this are bound to happen and we have got to deal with it in the right way as a football club.”

Newcastle will not enter into any  bidding war for the player, and Swansea have dragged their feet on this for far too long, but it could be that the move to go to an arbitration board will force Jenkin’s hand.

We hope so.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

22 comments so far

  • metaloverlord

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

    Comment #1

    has he realised he cant take on the law as well as the toon?

    0
  • NathanH NUFC

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM

    Comment #2

    Good stuff, full of potential, nice addition to the squad if it goes through 🙂

    0
  • jammylambo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

    Comment #3

    this signing would go well with that of clyne if that goes through aswell , young competition in all defensive positions then

    0
  • WWJBD

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

    Comment #4

    Jenkins is a douche and has probably realised that Naylor will go through with his lawyer threat so is now trying to back track

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM

    Comment #5

    Interesting article on Sky Sports Website entitled:

    “Enrique disappoints Toon”

    but when you open it it just says: “We are not able to display this article at the moment.”

    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7034726,00.html

    0
  • mattnufc

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

    Comment #6

    “He’s [Enrique] made it pretty clear that he still won’t sign a contract and that his future may be elsewhere.”
    ;(

    0
  • jammylambo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    Comment #7

    what sort of emotional teasing are sky playing at @richy

    0
  • barryvenison

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

    Comment #8

    @richy, I read that sky article a while ago, it’s just a rehash of this journal live article from this morning with a much more provacative title. http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/13/alan-pardew-insists-newcastle-united-still-want-star-striker-61634-29042741/

    0
  • blissna

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

    Comment #9

    Can the squad handle any more taylors?!

    0
  • hotdog

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

    Comment #10

    Is anybody else worried about the height (or lack of it) in our team. Apart from Demba ba, Taylor and Williamson we are a very small team. Stoke and Blackburn will be rubbing their hands!

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

    Comment #11

    @8

    Cheers Barry
    Thought it was gonna be that he was off to Liverpoo

    0
  • tynesidetommo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM

    Comment #12

    I’m very disappointed that the Chronic and the rest of the Newcastle Media Corps have not updated us on the Enrique situation.

    You would of thought the local hacks would automatically ask for one each time they speak with AP.

    The last we heard the guy was talking to the club. That was last week so it must be one hell of a conversation!

    0
  • niafron

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

    Comment #13

    Bonjour messieurs.

    As, i’ve seen, you were speaking of Erding early. Well, the PArdew’ interview is absolutely not perceveid the same way Ed perceveid it in France, and she will make some noise, for the french press, who is mainly centralised in Paris didn’t have liked at all Pardew’s words…

    Concerning Erding himself, nothing new, he is still expected to remain in Paris, and the press consider Pardew’s interview as a Show down with him and his agent.

    I think, in the day to come, NUFC will lose his illusions about his good reputation in France…

    0
  • ash-out

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

    Comment #14

    @ Jammy lambo -£2 mil for Clyne when we have twenty year old Tavernier ready to push Simpson for the full back spot. We also have S Taylor and Perch who can play int aht position……v doubtful that this signing will happen.

    0
  • Dannyo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

    Comment #15

    You cannot seriously belive that Perch is even considered in the team. And Saylor is a CB. I’d be chuffed he this deal comes through.

    0
  • Davies

    Jul 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

    Comment #16

    Seems like Swansea are of the opinion that they will talk Naylor into staying from the quotes above. Maybe they will. Who knows.

    On an unrelated note, it looks like Joey didn’t take the visa decision as well as initial reports suggest…
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/newcastles-joey-barton-criticizes-american-officials-for-denying-him-visa-for-tour/2011/07/13/gIQArNb7BI_story.html

    0
  • jammylambo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

    Comment #17

    @ash

    id much rather have clyne pushing for a spot than perch, and surely you’d rather have staylor( these taylors are going to get confusing) push for his preferred cb role than having him as rb.

    0
  • jammylambo

    Jul 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

    Comment #18

    @ash

    id much rather have clyne pushing for a spot than perch,

    and surely you’d rather have staylor( these taylors are going to get confusing) push for his preferred cb role than having him as rb.

    0
  • jonny_ringo13

    Jul 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

    Comment #19

    spoke to my mate who is a swansea fan and he said last season taylor wasnt anything speacial

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everything-Newcastle-United-20112012/169761986420510

    0
  • jimmymagpie

    Jul 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    Comment #20

    Barton and Jose are playing the fatman at his own game, you muppets. If we don’t get the move that suits us, we stay for another year and walk next year, with you getting f all but we get nice signing on fee at new club. If Enrique stays, he’ll deliver more of the ‘couldn’t care less crap’ that he delivered after Carroll was sold.

    0
  • seanodinho

    Jul 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM

    Comment #21

    he is on the verge of signing new deal at swansea another bad statement from ed no surprise there then -_-

    0
  • max

    Jul 13, 2011 at 6:01 PM

    Comment #22

    come here neil…

    0

You must log in to post a comment.