Newcastle Transfer Of Mevlut Erdinc Still Alive

While the chase for Turkey striker, Mevlut Erdinc, has certainly hit a barrier and been delayed, it seems that Newcastle manager Alan Pardew still has some hope the striker will end up at Newcastle.

Mevlut Erdinc – may still arrive at Newcastle

Apparently the situation is that Newcastle have been involved in a bonus row with Mevlut’s agent Pierre Frelot, and Erdinc himself is still keen to come to Newcastle.

We assume that agent wants some money from Newcastle for fixing up the deal, and the Tyneside club are unwilling to pay that, and of course it was Frelot who last Friday said his client will be staying at Paris Saint-Germain.

So the football agents are again the barrier, at least in this transfer,  it seems.

Newcastle think that Erdinc himself is still keen on a switch to Newcastle,  in spite of what his agent is saying, and the Tyneside club still remain hopeful a deal can be consummated.

Alan Pardew told The Journal today:

“It’s quite easy for me. If the boy wants to stay at his club and be third choice and doesn’t want to come to Newcastle then I don’t want him – because Newcastle, for me, are a bigger club.”

“I’m not being disrespectful and I know that Paris Saint-Germain are in the Champions League but with our stadium, our support and the squad we’ve got, we’re the bigger club.”

“We have to be careful. Some of the things being quoted are not from him and we’ve got to cut through it. It’s difficult to criticise the player because sometimes it’s the agent or someone else not getting what he wants.”

“But we won’t bring him to the club if he doesn’t want to be here. We’re not certainly going to force his hand.”  “All transfers are always alive until such time as someone buries them. We’re not burying this one.”

But of course Newcastle cannot wait on this situation for too long, and will move after another target if Erdinc wants to remain at PSG.

This may even be good news,  if Newcastle can somehow handle Erdinc’s agent.

• connor_nufc

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

But psg arnt in the champions league

• boomboomcheick

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM

no romours of it but have any of yous seen gary hooper play?
    i watched him live the other day and he looks the real deal hey. big lad and has an eye for goal.

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Very good words from AP there!

• ferritass

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM

We might have a better stadium and crazy fanbase but get real puppet man our squad is no better than PSG’s and our owners and management team are like something from the pig and whistle!!! FCB OUT!!!

• PortsladeToon

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM

yeah good words aprt from he got his fact wrong PSG are not in champions league

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM

All these neggers on here who are constantly calling out for ashley out. Why don’t you go do something about it rather than sitting on your arse on here complaining?

Go make a multi-billion pound company and buy him out or something.

• tynesidetommo

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Can’t speak for anyone else here but I’m totally confused. The same Mark Douglas told Journo readers on July 9:
    “NEWCASTLE United’s interest in Turkey striker Mevlüt Erdinç is over.”

Wish the man would make his mind up although I’d love to see the boy on Tyneside.

• Cwarr claims its a done deal.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM

@4

Your talking out of your ferritass.

“FCB OUT” And replace with who exactly, the guy who wanted to buy us 2yrs ago, but was declared bankrupt yesterday, or a fantasy football owner like Chelsea, City or United

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

@Vive – do you honestly still believe a word he says?

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM

@ 7

I think Erdinc is in limbo, he wants to stay at PSG, but with the money they have, it is inevitable they will buy new striker(s)

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I think the same like Richy, PSG in all likelihood will be signing some quality strikers and he’ll find himself further down the pecking order.

I expect the deal to go through, but maybe not for a few weeks yet.

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM

@Ed – get some new advertising, I’m getting very tempted to get an asian bride here! haha.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

@13

LOL!

• ferritass

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

@9
    Can’t you see that the fat man is just bleeding the cash cow dry!!
    I wanna believe that we will get sum more quality players to the club but the man just keeps filling his pockets. How long will it take for you to realise this.

• Ollieh51

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Powerful words from Pardew!

That’s him saying bollox to the hard ball and silly beggars on player agents trying to scupper deals.

Love that!

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

@stuart ive got 2 already

on another note just bought toon shirt online from offical website.. £65.5!

terrible 🙁

• P.I.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM

@Stuart

The previous post you complained I was being miserable. That is true mate. Im in a rotten mood. on earlies this week and im absolutely shattered in the morning.
    What made it worse this morning though was all the patter on twitter last night about big announcments and it turns out to be an article linking my favourite player with Chelsea.

Dont get me wrong its all paper patter im just spitballing my issues here.

Wouldnt mind Erding like. If we havent signed Gervinho, or Gamiero we can certainly afford to sign this lad. Lets get Charlie aswell.

• MarkO

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Trust me Erding is shit he doesnt score anywhere near enough dont want him

• Pit yacker

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

The adverts are based on the sites in your history – which would mean ….

• Hoppefot79

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

ASHLEY IN!!! gtfi. Stay

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

@15 when will you realise hes not a cockney ffs also i think hes doing a good job. no need to go throwing money around all over, in the long run its whats best for the club right now and hes taking nothing out the club. i saw last years books the club hence me you and everyone else owe him a f u cking fortune…

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

@15

You didnt answer my question.

Who, or what type of owner, do you want in charge instead?

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Haha fair one P.I.

I can’t see tiote going to chelsea though so I wouldnt worry about that. They have two targets ahead of him, some player from Porto and Scott Parker, plus he already turned them down in Jan as he didnt want to live in a massive city.

I don’t think much will have changed. Its basically just lazy journalism i reckon.

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

@Marko – agreed i think hes crap as well and we should be looking for better

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM

@19 – Hahahah, did not know that, what can I say I like me some asian girls.

Until they hit 30, then its all downhill very quickly haha!

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM

@21

Excellent response mate.

I have a feeling that ferritass is an armchair, championship manager fan.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Marko

I don’t think I will trust you. Looks a good player, quick and very skilful.

• Davies

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Ferritass – How is Ashley bleeding (milking, surely?) the cash cow dry?

The club owes him a lot of money, but he isn’t taking it until we’re financially stable. He isn’t taking dividend payments and the money from player sales etc. belongs to the club. The only way he can “fill his pockets” is to do one of those things (reclaim loan payments or take dividends), or to sell up for a larger amount of money than he’s already invested.

It’s juvenile to think that he’s dumping on his own investment to spite us. That’s not how billionaires become billionaires, lad.

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

@19 – so thats why i get all these penis enlargement ads and dyke webcam links?

shweet

• ferritass

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:00 AM

I’m a massive fan just the same as you boys, would just like to see a bit more ambition from the fat man, all I can see is him going through the motions of keeping us as a middle of the table club and filling his pockets with our hard earned cash!

• Nick 69

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM

95% of people who are saying Erdinc is crap dont want him he doesnt score enough etc, have probably never seen the kid play and have just checked his record on wiki. He’s about a million times more talented than Shola, Loven, and Best put together so he;d be a massive improvement

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM

@Rotonda

hes scored 53 goals in 6 years which is shit. although better than Ameobi like lol

• joppadoni

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

@ nick69 – ive seen every vid on youtube and hes decent but i dont want someone who looks good, i want someone who is good..

• Davies

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I admit, I don’t know a lot about Erding, but I’ve heard he’s pretty good. Despite his stats, Niafron seems to rate the player and he does have a good grip with French footy. Would still like to see (sorry about this, for those of you who are sick of reading his name) Pardew make a move for Sturridge, even if it’s just to test the water…

• P.I.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

@Stuart

I agree. They figure that since Essien is injured they MUST be after Tiote. Anyone can make that sort of guesswork!
    Im surprised at the Scott Parker link also. That may be another case of guess work due to the lack of stories.

We’re in for Nzogbia, but he was good when he was last here and left under dodgy circumstances. (We all know the reasoning)
    But Parker never played when at Chelsea the first time. He’d play in the league cupo games and warm the bench. I dont see why that wouldnt be exactly the same this time. Even without Essien he’d find it hard to make their first XI
    Personally i think its a load of crap, and the only reason he hasnt signed for Spuds alredy is they need to sell before they can buy. If Modric goes to Chelsea expect Parker to go to Spuds.

On another note Cwarr has remained supremely confident about Nzogbia signing, and stated this morning Erding has actually signed.
    Ive never before wanted someone as annoying as he is to have been proved right.

• Eastander

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

well according to my adverts I shop at tesco, my car is insured through axa, i play desert operations on the ps3 and i’m going to get a £25 voucher when I sign up to sky! shweet

• Stuart

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:09 AM

@P.I – you’re probably right about Parker. I think their main target is the Porto lad though, not sure of his name but he’s rated at around £20m-£25m.

@Eaststander – you clearly lead a much more wholesome internet life than me then haha!

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM

@30

And how much money do you think the club owes him?

• alec6247toon

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM

just with regards to MA. I’m not his biggest fan in the world but I believe that he is doing a better job than other owners in the EPL. From next season we are going to be 1 of only 2 clubs in the league making a profit (the other being Arsenal) which will make us a much more attractive prospect to potential investors or alternatively allow us to spend more money in transfer windows, as we will make the money back. I think MA is in this for the long haul and has a vision for the club and maybe within 5 years we will be pushing right up at the top of the table.

With hindsight now, I think that us being relegated was perhaps one of the best things for the club, it allowed us to take control of the finances and realise where we were going wrong. I think we just need to give MA time to prove that he could perhaps be one of the best things that happened to our club