Club Plans Life Bans For Those Who Shamed Newcastle United

As we had suspected, Newcastle plan to give life bans to those disorderly fans who invaded the pitch in the second half last night at Darlington, in the 2-0 win.

Alan Pardew – shocked by what he witnessed last night

And we cannot stress enough how those actions have , as Alan Pardew said today

“Brought shame on everyone connected with Newcastle United.”

Newcastle will direct an immediate inquiry and look at video of the crowd disorder on Friday night, that saw two pitch invasions by hundreds of Newcastle fans, some of whom were seen holding  bottles of alcohol.

The English FA have already been in touch with the Newcastle club about the trouble, and they will launch an independent investigation of their own, that will almost certainly bring the Tyneside club some punishment, exactly what that may be we don’t know.

Darlington could also face some punishment,  if it is found that security arrangements were lacking.

Of course, as we reported this morning, there was also an incident outside the stadium before the game, when angry Newcastle fans surrounded Managing Director Derek Llambias and verbally abused the Newcastle official.

Pardew said today:

“We came to play a football match and to provide entertainment for a family audience.”

“Instead we witnessed some truly appalling behavior which damages the reputation of this club and the majority of our supporters.”

It was obvious that Alan Pardew, who went onto the pitch to calm down the fans and restore some kind of order, and he is to be applauded for that, was still somewhat shocked by what he saw last night.

And news is that Newcastle have obtained TV pictures from Sky Sports and also from their own camera crew  – and both video streams will be used to identify those who were responsible, and shamed the Newcastle club.

We hope this is the last pitch invasion we will see from those few fans, who have tarnished the name of a famous football club.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM

shocking!! i was there with my daughter and if any1 on this blog was there fighting SHAME ON YOU!!

• Twatter

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Oh no, some kids who had one too many alcopops got in fights with eachother… Hang them from the treetops.

• What naffs me is if the FA fine us. I bet it comes out of the transfer funds.

• MacToon

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I agree Ross but there are other things to consider like the stewards, police, allowing drinking on the terraces, fan seperation etc. alot are to blame aswell as the idiots that were fighting.

• Twatter, so it’s ok for us to be made a laughing stock again? You have no problem with the nickname Loony Toons? Because I do and I’m sick of it.

• dmac

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Im glad they are looking at life time ban’s to be honest, serves them bloody right. As Pardew said it doesnt just reflect badly on them it tarnishes the whole club because of the antics of some stupid idiots.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:41 PM

yeah your right mactoon but im mostly annoyed with what my little daughter witnessed at her first football match , complete idiots

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM

dmac they should be jailed aswell with a hefty fine!!!

• MacToon

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM

What transfer fund 😉

• NufcGlen

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM

So does this go for the fighters or everyone on the pitch?

Would be pretty harsh considering some people were on and off in seconds a while before any of the fighting started.

I know I went on to look for a mate but I must of been on for 30 secs at most.

• MacToon, I was thinking of writing Transfer funds with a ? after it.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM

nufcglen – it goes for the people that were fighting mate imo

• alexthetoonkid86

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Imagine how this looks to any potential signings club looks like a set of pissed up thugs!! I’ll be at the Leeds game as I live just down the road. I seriously hope we can present a better image of FOOTBALL supporters !!

• MacToon

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM

again I’d agree with ross at most a year for others but even that imo might be too harsh.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM

if you ran on the pitch – cautioned

if you ran on the pitch and started fighting like a tit – fined and locked up 🙂

• Andy

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM

i think that the ‘peaceful’ invaders should be fined or banned from away games or something like that but it’d stink of hypocrisy considering the plymouth invasion. The fighters if they can be i’d’d should be banned for life. People like this should have nothing to do with our FOOTBALL team!

• Tonytoon73

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM

ross them little boys are nothing, It was a damn disgrace and i am sorry your bairn had to see that.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM

we are gna have such a bad name at darlington now just bcos a handful of people cant hack there drink , its a shame

• Twatter

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Dear GG, I couldn’t care what others thought about us. As long as we continue to improve on the pitch, then that’s fine. People are going OTT on this matter and you lot are no better than the Daily Fail if you think those kids should get lifetime bans.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

🙂 thanks tonytoon

• NewcastleMole

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM

What transfer fund?

The transfer fund due to be created once Enrique is sold on deadline day and there isn’t enough time to replace him.

• ross armstrong

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM

twatter – if you had your bairn there watching it all then you would think differently mate

• NufcGlen

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Is there even a source stating life time bans will be dished out?

Think Ashley would rather fine the lesser offenders

• nufcglen, if you’re on video, you may be banned. I’d get my ar se down to someone and explain. Although It may seem strange when 2 thousand turn up and say they were just looking for their mate.

• JackButler

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM

like the cockney press need a reason to slate us,

• MacToon

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I kinda grew up with football violence being part of the game unfortunately and so happy it’s more of a family environment usually at matches nowadays.

It was a minor thing tbh that the press blow up to a much bigger deal but at the same time it is not right to be fighting, no excuses.

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

did anybody watch the boxing there.??
    smashing fight at the end there.put the haye fight to shame.

• NufcGlen

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

GG- I was barely off the sidelines, not gonna drop me self in it as the I’d probably grass me mate up by doing so.

I assume they’ll only be targeting the violent groups

• scotchmag

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Happy if they get life bans.. with the bad press of FMA & funds the last thing we need is 2 jeopardise 1 of the biggest selling points of nufc – the appeal of loyal, faithful fans- last thing we need is piseed up tw@s that have had a few 2 many shandies..
    Genius idea- Let’s sell the club 2 potential players / owners by getting a stiffy & invading the pitch in a pre season friendly…. WTF?

If they had any brains they’d be fkn dangerous…

HWTL..

• reverend-of-toon

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Lads don’t shoot the messenger if I be right or wrong on this cus I don’t normally put on here what whispers i get about what players come and go but don’t be surprised if Emile Heskey signs for us as I have a person or two that work at St James who tell me he is due for a medical on Monday. As I say don’t shoot the messenger cus I really hope they are winding me up on this cus if he does then it shows you where our supposed transfer funds have gone.

• Tonytoon73, Before I come across I’ll get in contact with Lowe in Whitley Bay.

Twatter, you don’t know me. So how do you know how expensive I am pet.

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Never mind lads almost Sunday, no doubt Tiote will be off to replace Essien plus whatever other shit the press can dream up

• JackButler, and that’s the problem. It’s not a question of a few drunken kids. It’s Loony Toons in the Cockney media again.

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM

f***** heskey???? that would be the biggest joke ever…lol
    would rather bring kugi back ffs!!

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:03 AM

GG

I’m used to it now, don’t believe a word that is written about us

• reverend-of-toon

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:09 AM

@ 33 I share your sentiments mate. As I say I really hope they are winding me up on this as this would top it off from the darlo game and then this. If he our only option I’d rather have the young un’s out than him

• captainawes0me

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM

newcastle at home park winning 0-2 to return to the premiership!! i was on the field that day!! led by a chubby guy in a spiderman mask hahaha what a ledgend!! its a shame to see a few idiots who cant handle there booze dragging our great clubs name thru the dirt

• cousto

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Can’t compare Darlo to the Plymouth game. The invasion didn’t interfere with play and we had won promotion.
    As for those “innocent” pitch invaders, sorry no such thing, game was a nothing match and was still in play, fans should know better.

• Durham_Toon

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Every person that invaded the pitch should be given a lifetime ban. They shamed us all.

• daffy

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Everyone of them should be given a season ticket – that,ll teach them.